Homophobes went absolutely nuts!

Started by Sorginak, April 01, 2017, 04:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sorginak

QuoteSo it turns out homophobes couldn’t handle Simba being gay

It is a PinkNews tradition to run an April Fools’ day article, and this year we broke the “news” that Simba would be gay in upcoming live-action Lion King remake.

In the story, we wrote that Simba realises that he is gay during his teenage years after chancing upon same-sex couple Timon and Pumbaa in the wilderness.

In order to accommodate the new plot, Simba’s childhood friend and eventual girlfriend Nala has been replaced with the male lion Naji.

The film was also set to be released on June the 31st.

Despite the obvious signs that the story was a joke for April Fools, #Simba ended up trending on Twitter in the US and hundreds of people tweeted about the story.

Although written with good intentions, a lot of people spoke negatively about the story and made homophobic comments.

Some insinuated that because the lion cub was gay, it meant he was not masculine enough to be “king”.

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2017/04/01/so-it-turns-out-homophobes-couldnt-handle-simba-being-gay/?utm_source=ET&utm_medium=ETFB&utm_campaign=portal&utm_content=inf_11_60_2&tse_id=INF_579e1100170d11e798fc7bd31dd7c3e2

Munch

Some people are fucking stupid. Whats more to say?
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Atheon

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Draconic Aiur

I for one would kill the guys that made my favorite childhood movie into a femenist pro SJW shit fest. However I do agree that timon and Pumba are gay.

Baruch

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on April 02, 2017, 01:49:31 AM
I for one would kill the guys that made my favorite childhood movie into a femenist pro SJW shit fest. However I do agree that timon and Pumba are gay.

That i why all Right thinking lions vote for Scar!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

fencerider

I bet if you look hard enough you could find a video of two male lions getting it on... of course when you do they're gonna say its fake news.
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

aitm

A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Hydra009

Quote from: aitm on April 02, 2017, 06:28:06 PMcartoon is.......cartoon.
Yeah, but people get really sensitive about this stuff.

Remember the fairly recent "controversy" about an extremely minor gay character in the live-action Beauty And The Beast?  Apparently these nutbars think any reference to homosexuality at all that doesn't involve an immediate stoning is somehow pushing homosexuality.  Like audience members see a gay character and then suddenly decide to be gay.  Little Timmy's gay now because he saw an episode of Modern Family.  It's so stupid.

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: Hydra009 on April 02, 2017, 06:55:56 PM
Yeah, but people get really sensitive about this stuff.

Remember the fairly recent "controversy" about an extremely minor gay character in the live-action Beauty And The Beast?  Apparently these nutbars think any reference to homosexuality at all that doesn't involve an immediate stoning is somehow pushing homosexuality.  Like audience members see a gay character and then suddenly decide to be gay.  Little Timmy's gay now because he saw an episode of Modern Family.  It's so stupid.

I was straight as an arrow until I saw a man with earrings, after that the homosexual demons took me.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Munch

Quote from: The Skeletal Atheist on April 02, 2017, 08:32:57 PM
I was straight as an arrow until I saw a man with earrings, after that the homosexual demons took me.

To be fair that happened to a lot of people back then.

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin