Why space exploration is a pointless waste of money

Started by Hydra009, April 01, 2017, 01:46:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on April 07, 2017, 08:24:10 AM
And what were the conditions of the experiment?

Mice exposed to conditions outside the Earth magnetosphere sufferred neurological and dendrite loss.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on April 07, 2017, 08:42:38 AM
Mice exposed to conditions outside the Earth magnetosphere sufferred neurological and dendrite loss.
Yeah, I figure that much, but what were the conditions.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on April 07, 2017, 08:09:22 PM
Yeah, I figure that much, but what were the conditions.
The same as outside the Earth magnetoshere.

Gawdzilla Sama

PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on April 13, 2017, 06:37:31 AM
Well duh. What shielding was used?

The point of the experiment was to ... not have shielding, genius ;-)  At least in the experiment the mice got air and water .. because the vacuum of space sucks.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Baruch on April 13, 2017, 07:00:27 AM
The point of the experiment was to ... not have shielding, genius ;-)  At least in the experiment the mice got air and water .. because the vacuum of space sucks.
Okay, they proved dangerous places are dangerous. Next, let's get them to smoke in a fireworks factory.
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on April 13, 2017, 07:01:32 AM
Okay, they proved dangerous places are dangerous. Next, let's get them to smoke in a fireworks factory.

Submit a grant proposal, and government will fund it.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on April 13, 2017, 07:01:32 AM

The work is to solve the problems.  Yeah, I know that sounds simple, but we humans tend to solve problems.

My grandfather saw the first air flights and humans walking on the moon.  He said we could do anything.  I agree.