Started by Manga, April 01, 2017, 01:45:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason78

Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on April 12, 2017, 06:21:55 AM
I'm 66, I was an atheist at 12.  I don't have a whole lot of doubts.  I escaped all the BS a LONG time ago.
You can't be 66. I'm 66. Pick another number.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Ro3bert

Quote from: Manga on April 01, 2017, 01:45:25 AM
I know I kind of already asked this in my visions of hell question, but it is eating me up inside. I was raised religiously since I was born and I always believed in hell. I do believe in evolution, I don't believe the earth is only 6000 years old, I disregard most of the bible, and STILL I fear hell and it is very annoying. I guess these youtube videos and things that I read about are too much. Do any of you on here know if Christians believe that they would see demons in they go to hell? These so called experiences have a lot of people saying they saw demons who mocked God. I'm just wondering how someone could hallucinate such detailed imagery and why so many people have claimed to see hell and it scares the living daylights out of me. What do you guys think are the odds hell exists, how can I get rid of this fear? If these visions and NDEs were all debunked I would be an atheist but they scare me too much!

Mocking God? Where, when, how, sign me up I'll mock with the best. If it sends me to Hell I hope, as I have been assured, there is wine, women, song and the best food in the universe.

Whoops

Just remembered I don't believe in all that religious stuff. Damn , for a minute there I thought I was destined for somewhere after I die (or as someone said cease to exist).  Oh, well, off to bed.

Ananta Shesha

Kolasin aionion does not mean eternal punishment, it means age long chastisement for corrective purpose. Kolasin comes from a root meaning to prune trees as in an orchard for best yeild.

The hell experience is neither maliscious nor eternal, it is the burning off of the crap we crust our souls with during incarnational sojourns. It's is not God that even "punishes" it's the recoil of our soul in seeing how we really affect people without our perspective/ego bias.

It is resistance to the flow of Consciouness/Truth that creates the heat.

Lesson: burn your own trash before you get taken out with it.

If you are looking for something from the Bible, 1 Cor 11:31 "If we judge ourselves correctly we would not be judged."

God is not a tyrant. Peace be upon you. :)

aitm

Quote from: Ananta Shesha on April 14, 2017, 06:21:41 PM

God is not a tyrant.

of course not, this is why he demands that women be killed for being raped....
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Ananta Shesha

Quote from: aitm on April 14, 2017, 07:42:15 PM
of course not, this is why he demands that women be killed for being raped....

Ask a believer to tell you about God...and they tell you a lot more about themselves.

The idea of God has been routinely abused by those in power for the purpose of crowd control.

Baruch

Quote from: Ananta Shesha on April 14, 2017, 08:10:49 PM
Ask a believer to tell you about God...and they tell you a lot more about themselves.

The idea of God has been routinely abused by those in power for the purpose of crowd control.

In the Quran, Allah says that Allah will approach each person, in the form that he/she expects.  Less mind blowing that way.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Ananta Shesha

Quote from: Baruch on April 14, 2017, 08:26:13 PM
In the Quran, Allah says that Allah will approach each person, in the form that he/she expects.  Less mind blowing that way.
I seem to remember a similar adage from Hinduism.

Ever try and pack a lightening bolt into a light bulb? That's shits got to be stepped down or bye bye filament!

Hydra009

Quote from: Ananta Shesha on April 14, 2017, 08:10:49 PMAsk a believer to tell you about God...and they tell you a lot more about themselves.
There's a reason for that.  To a certain extent, the God is modeled on the believer.  It certainly explains why their opinions line up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-j8ZMMuu7MU

Ananta Shesha

Quote from: Hydra009 on April 14, 2017, 09:08:44 PM
There's a reason for that.  To a certain extent, the God is modeled on the believer.  It certainly explains why their opinions line up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-j8ZMMuu7MU
Conception of God as persona can't help but be super-ego projection.  Man makes God in his own image all too often and that is often child like in temperament. Rediculous.

Baruch

Quote from: Ananta Shesha on April 14, 2017, 09:30:32 PM
Conception of God as persona can't help but be super-ego projection.  Man makes God in his own image all too often and that is often child like in temperament. Rediculous.

Don't be too hard on ape people.  At least we don't write about G-d living in trees and loving bananas ;-)  Hold still ... I see a delicious lice on your fur ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Ananta Shesha

Quote from: Baruch on April 15, 2017, 12:14:08 AM
Don't be too hard on ape people.  At least we don't write about G-d living in trees and loving bananas ;-)  Hold still ... I see a delicious lice on your fur ...
Are you picking on me? You're so considerate...*chuckle*

Ape people throw poo...even ant people think that's just nasty and uncivilized! Lol

Baruch

Quote from: Ananta Shesha on April 15, 2017, 12:31:37 AM
Are you picking on me? You're so considerate...*chuckle*

Ape people throw poo...even ant people think that's just nasty and uncivilized! Lol

Remember, the lead character in Antz is Jewish too ... so are you a red ant or a black ant?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Ananta Shesha

Quote from: Baruch on April 15, 2017, 12:42:48 AM
Remember, the lead character in Antz is Jewish too ... so are you a red ant or a black ant?
I'm just your friendly neighborhood dung beetle, rolling up a terd, hoping to hatch a progeny I will never meet.... but I'm having a ball ;)

aitm

Quote from: Ananta Shesha on April 14, 2017, 08:10:49 PM

The idea of God has been routinely abused ...

So you're quoting scripture, using it as a source of authority, but dismissing anyone else use if derogatory as.....
seems like typical behavior. Words mean certain things unless pulled from the babble where they are only allowed to be interpreted by the believer for "best variable options"
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust