Republicans vote to allow ISPs to sell your private data

Started by Atheon, March 30, 2017, 03:20:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

Remember; Republicans and Democrats are basically the same,  amirite, so who cares?
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

_Xenu_

Of course they did, because fuck you and hail corporate.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

Hydra009

Quote from: Shiranu on April 02, 2017, 11:48:50 PMRemember; Republicans and Democrats are basically the same,  amirite, so who cares?
Yeah.  Aside from major policy disputes, differing foundational values and goals, they're practically identical.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on April 03, 2017, 01:40:47 AM
Yeah.  Aside from major policy disputes, differing foundational values and goals, they're practically identical.

As long as they are both human, then they are the same.  Vote for the Robot party.  Just say no to Humans.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Trump signed it into law.  It's official now.

And I feel like I should point this out, because this bill has been framed as a dispute between left-wing and right-wing philosophies.  It's not.

This is a deeply unpopular bill among both liberals and conservatives.  According to a YouGov poll, just 6% of respondents agreed that ISPs should be able to sell its customers' information without first getting their customers' permission.  Six percent.  That's a "Hitler did nothing wrong" grade unpopular opinion.

The Republican "representatives" who voted for this bill - from the House to the Senate to the Presidency - just violated the will of their constituents.  The question is, knowing this, are these voters going to withdraw their support?  Or will they roll over and take it?

Sorginak

Quote from: Hydra009 on April 04, 2017, 10:32:51 PM
The question is, knowing this, are these voters going to withdraw their support?  Or will they roll over and take it?

We have entered an age of horror that will damn this country. 

The Skeletal Atheist

And I feel like I should point this out, because this bill has been framed as a dispute between left-wing and right-wing philosophies.  It's not.

This is a deeply unpopular bill among both liberals and conservatives.  According to a YouGov poll, just 6% of respondents agreed that ISPs should be able to sell its customers' information without first getting their customers' permission.  Six percent.  That's a "Hitler did nothing wrong" grade unpopular opinion.

The Republican "representatives" who voted for this bill - from the House to the Senate to the Presidency - just violated the will of their constituents.  The question is, knowing this, are these voters going to withdraw their support?  Or will they roll over and take it?
You know good and well that the voters will lay down, spread their legs, and bite the fucking pillow.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Sal1981

Baruch

Quote from: Sorginak on April 04, 2017, 10:34:52 PM
We have entered an age of horror that will damn this country.

Where were you, Nov 22, 1963?  You don't know the 60s.  I hope this ride isn't as exciting.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Unfortunately, the R reps who are unhappy with the bill, even if they voted for it, are probably only unhappy, that they aren't getting their rentier cut ... but maybe they will get some money in an unmarked paper bag, come election time.  Have patience, pols!  D reps are the usual hypocrits.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: The Skeletal Atheist on April 04, 2017, 11:05:28 PM
You know good and well that the voters will lay down, spread their legs, and bite the fucking pillow.

Baaaah!  Animaniacs vs furries.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Oops, I dropped a list of which politicians voted on this bill and how much it cost to buy their vote.

I sure hope no one uses this information to hold politicians accountable for what they have done and either primary them or vote for their competitor in the next election.  It would be such a shame if that were to happen.

Sorginak

Quote from: Baruch on April 05, 2017, 07:01:37 AM
Where were you, Nov 22, 1963?  You don't know the 60s.  I hope this ride isn't as exciting.

How old do you think I am?  I missed being a millennial by one year. 

Baruch

Quote from: Sorginak on April 05, 2017, 05:06:57 PM
How old do you think I am?  I missed being a millennial by one year.

The 60s were much more fun than now .. unfortunately young people can't get a perspective on that.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on April 05, 2017, 05:02:52 PM
Oops, I dropped a list of which politicians voted on this bill and how much it cost to buy their vote.

I sure hope no one uses this information to hold politicians accountable for what they have done and either primary them or vote for their competitor in the next election.  It would be such a shame if that were to happen.

You aren't living in the US.  We love liars, frauds and thieves.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.