News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Terrorist attack in Russia

Started by pr126, April 03, 2017, 10:39:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

Yeah, even I think the hat-hair thing looks stupid.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

pr126

After yet another ritual human sacrifice  to Allah what are we discussing?

A weird haircut, which is really a hat in a very bad CCTV picture. Obviously.

Really?

Shiranu

Yeah, but I think you are downplaying the situation. It is a REALLY weird hat.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

pr126

Weird hats galore.  And cardio workout.

https://youtu.be/AxSWVkPfVc8

SGOS

Quote from: Shiranu on April 05, 2017, 03:08:42 AM
Yeah, but I think you are downplaying the situation.
Yes, the hat thing is a serious matter.  Whether he blows himself up, or gets a Nobel Prize, people will only remember him as the guy with the silly hat.

pr126

That would be the Nobel peace prize?

SGOS

Quote from: pr126 on April 05, 2017, 08:19:23 AM
That would be the Nobel peace prize?
OK, I set myself up for that one.  The Peace thing didn't cross my mind.  I should have seen it coming, but my mind was focused on his hat.  See?  That's why the hat issue is so important.

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: SGOS on April 04, 2017, 05:25:14 PM
I wonder if ISIS offers Anger Management counseling to it's members?

Why yes they do...

Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

SGOS

I suspect anger management has a completely different meaning and purpose for ISIS.

PopeyesPappy

Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

SGOS

Quote from: pr126 on April 05, 2017, 03:49:55 AM
Weird hats galore.  And cardio workout.
https://youtu.be/AxSWVkPfVc8
I have no idea what that video was about, but it does imply that silly hats encourage weird behavior in adult males.  Was this a religious thing, or a fraternity initiation?  They all looked so serious, except for one guy in a RED hat that did a lot of gesturing, smiling and seemingly encouraging the others on.  The rest of them didn't seem to be enjoying it that much.  But not knowing the customs, I could never guess which one would be considered the weirdest one in the group.

The Skeletal Atheist

Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on April 05, 2017, 10:09:18 AM
I have no idea what that video was about, but it does imply that silly hats encourage weird behavior in adult males.  Was this a religious thing, or a fraternity initiation?  They all looked so serious, except for one guy in a RED hat that did a lot of gesturing, smiling and seemingly encouraging the others on.  The rest of them didn't seem to be enjoying it that much.  But not knowing the customs, I could never guess which one would be considered the weirdest one in the group.

A Sufi gathering probably, Central Asian style.  All men bearded so pretty fundy.  People of Turkish ethnicity, living NE of Turkey.  Not unlike the Whirling Dervishes.  The groups leader would be a sheik or pir.  Jewish men, and Catholic leaders, wear beanies ;-)  At our synagogue, we sometimes do a circle dance, mixed age and sex.  Greeks of course have the syrtaki.

In the US, in the 1990s, this would be called a Promise Keepers gathering.  The 19th century White Americans were scared by similar behavior, by the Sioux participating in the Ghost Dance movement.  Part of the reason by Gen Custer, as part of a three prong Army suppression, went to attack the Sioux.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.