News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

I Hunger...

Started by Solomon Zorn, March 30, 2017, 04:49:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Solomon Zorn on March 31, 2017, 08:13:31 AM
Not sure I understood that one either, Brother...
"To Catch a Predator", evidently a reality TV show where they lure child predators into compromising situations. When the host confronts the predator he says "Why don't you have a seat" or some such. TV fail for me.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Solomon Zorn

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on March 31, 2017, 07:44:42 AM
Why don't you take a seat?
Quote from: Solomon Zorn on March 31, 2017, 08:13:31 AM
Not sure I understood that one either, Brother...
Ooooh...Dateline...I mostly watch CBS...
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on March 31, 2017, 08:19:16 AM
Ah, a quick google...  As much as I like children there just isn't enough meat on them for a good meal.

I'm fine with meat too.  Chicken, duck, turkey, shrimp, pig, cattle.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Hydra009

Quote from: Cavebear on March 31, 2017, 12:33:11 PM
*mouth waters*  I could really go for some shrimp gumbo right now.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on March 31, 2017, 12:33:11 PM
Omnivores-R-Us.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on March 31, 2017, 05:41:39 PM
Omnivores-R-Us.

No meal is right without meat.  But no meal is right without veggies either.  My perfect meal is a baked chicken thigh smothered with sauteed onion, a big tossed salad with italian dressing, a side of baked sweet potato, and green beans simmered in chicken broth and herbs.  Followed after by an orange, a peach, some grapes, an apple, and some strawberries!

Solomon Zorn

I  have a low-carb philosophy. I can burn "x" number of calories, in a day(energy-in/energy-out), and being diabetic, I need to limit my carbs anyway, so I make protein/fat my main focus, for the energy intake. I find, personally, that I'm not inclined to gorge on fat, the way I would on carbs. I look at veggies as an important supplement...like a nutritious treat...but not the main staple of my diet.

Solomon Zorn

In the morning, I eat three egg-white-and-cheddar burritos. Which brings up the point of mistreating animals, again. I need a cage-free jumbo egg, for a reasonable price. EB's are sky-high, and only come in large.

Munch

Quote from: Solomon Zorn on April 10, 2017, 04:44:33 AM
I  have a low-carb philosophy. I can burn "x" number of calories, in a day(energy-in/energy-out), and being diabetic, I need to limit my carbs anyway, so I make protein/fat my main focus, for the energy intake. I find, personally, that I'm not inclined to gorge on fat, the way I would on carbs. I look at veggies as an important supplement...like a nutritious treat...but not the main staple of my diet.

Well yeah, but those will help break things down better. Amount of times I've had to explain to my bf that you need fibre in your day to break things down to avoid getting constipated
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Cavebear

Keep in mind that we are predators.  We not only predate we GROW our prey.  WE are the reason there are so many chickens, cows and pigs.   YUM!

admissioninfo

i am animal lover. i don't want kill a animal....

Cavebear

Quote from: admissioninfo on April 21, 2017, 03:46:59 AM

I'm a happy and healthy omnivore.  A little meat, a lot of veggies, all is right at dinner.

Baruch

Quote from: admissioninfo on April 21, 2017, 03:46:59 AM

I am a predator animal ... and I love animals too.  People are complicated, so are cats.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

We're an omnivorous species, if we weren't meant to eat meat our digestive system wouldn't break it down so well. That said it comes down to choice how much meat we can eat.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on April 21, 2017, 07:53:53 AM
We're an omnivorous species, if we weren't meant to eat meat our digestive system wouldn't break it down so well. That said it comes down to choice how much meat we can eat.

Some us don't digest milk well.  And we only digest most plant material, because of intestinal colonization.  If you include the countless life forms inhabiting your body, as also you ... then yes, you do break down many things well.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.