News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

I Hunger...

Started by Solomon Zorn, March 30, 2017, 04:49:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solomon Zorn

...For MEAT, bitches! MEAT! That means SOME poor helpless critter, has got to DIE!

I'm not sorry for that.

What offends me, is not that some animal must die, for me to eat, but rather that such an animal could, at any time, be severely confined, or in any other way mistreated, while it is still alive.

But I'm on a low-carb philosophy, of energy-in/energy-out. I eat mostly protein and fat. I don't naturally tend to be excessive, with fat, and gorge myself, the way I might with carbs. So the carbs need to be my main focus, in eliminating excess energy intake.

Therefore, Bambi must die! And Thumper too! Along with that pig...what was his  name...Bacon?...no...Babe! Just make it swift, and merciful,...right?
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

Baruch

Get professional nutritionist advice, don't follow fad diets ... they don't work or they injure.  But if Paleo-diet is for you, then remember to stay out of the way of the mammoth, if it is still kicking ;-)

Vegetarianism is useful, for some people (sick with certain diseases) ... any other reason, it is pseudoscientific or moralizing.  I love animals ... I keep two cats that I don't plan on eating, the other animals, not so much ;-)  Hitler was a vegetarian.

Diabetics diet ... three meals a day with three snacks a day.  Each main meal is to be half vegetables (no corn, no beans), quarter protein, quarter carbs (corn or beans OK).  Each snack to be small, made of carbs.  No liquid sugar or substitute, including juice, pop, diet pop.  Avoid any added sugar or corn syrup.  The snacks taken mid morning, mid afternoon, and just before bed.  Even out the insulin, but also eat right (for my condition).

PS - I know one guy at work who did very well on the paleo-diet ... but then maybe his genes are Stone Age ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Apple is selling the new iHunger 7's already? I thought they weren't due out until May.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Hydra009

Quote from: Solomon Zorn on March 30, 2017, 04:49:54 AM...For MEAT, bitches! MEAT! That means SOME poor helpless critter, has got to DIE!

I'm not sorry for that.

What offends me, is not that some animal must die, for me to eat, but rather that such an animal could, at any time, be severely confined, or in any other way mistreated, while it is still alive.
Same.  Generally speaking, eggs and fish are pretty good options, at least compared to the alternatives.

trdsf

Likewise.  Though I do very little red meat -- out of health interests.  Fowl, on the other hand, is continually at risk from my attentions.

Few things annoy me more than people who are vegetarian/vegan for political reasons.  Health reasons, matters of personal choice, simple preference, no problem.  The ones who are on a crusade, though, I just want to force feed a BLT, hold the LT.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Solomon Zorn

Quote from: Baruch
Get professional nutritionist advice, don't follow fad diets ...
My A1C is good. I got off of insulin, and lost over 40 pounds, with my self-styled low-carb philosophy(under the supervision of a physician). I've been on a statin for several years, and my cholesterol numbers have been pleasing my doctor.

Quote from: BaruchDiabetics diet ... three meals a day with three snacks a day.  Each main meal is to be half vegetables (no corn, no beans), quarter protein, quarter carbs (corn or beans OK).  Each snack to be small, made of carbs.  No liquid sugar or substitute, including juice, pop, diet pop.  Avoid any added sugar or corn syrup.  The snacks taken mid morning, mid afternoon, and just before bed.  Even out the insulin, but also eat right (for my condition).
Sounds miserable! I eat three egg-white/cheddar-cheese burritos, for breakfast, a small lunch, and a big hunk of meat, with a very small helping of veggies, for supper. I haven't drunk a soda since, 1995. My one and only dietary stumbling block, is beer. If I stopped drinking, I could lose the rest of my Risperdal fat, in no time at all. As it is, I am losing, but at a snail's pace.

Draconic Aiur

Cavebear

Quote from: Solomon Zorn on March 30, 2017, 04:49:54 AM
...For MEAT, bitches! MEAT! That means SOME poor helpless critter, has got to DIE!

I'm not sorry for that.

But I'm on a low-carb philosophy, of energy-in/energy-out. I eat mostly protein and fat. I don't naturally tend to be excessive, with fat, and gorge myself, the way I might with carbs. So the carbs need to be my main focus, in eliminating excess energy intake.

Therefore, Bambi must die! And Thumper too! Along with that pig...what was his  name...Bacon?...no...Babe! Just make it swift, and merciful,...right?

I consider meat legitimate food.  Chickens, turkeys, cows, pigs, are mine.  They pretty much exist for me.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Solomon Zorn

Quote from: Cavebear on March 31, 2017, 05:18:22 AM
I consider meat legitimate food.  Chickens, turkeys, cows, pigs, are mine.  They pretty much exist for me.
My friends son, drank a few beers with me, about a year ago. He told me about his previous time working in a pig-slaughtering plant. He said they can't kill them with a bullet, or that-piston-from-No Country for Old Men, like they do cows, because it causes a harmless-but-unattractive red speckle, on the pork steaks. So, what they do is hook up electrical cables to their ears, and zap them first(called "stunning")...then they basically hang them on a hook, and slit them open...I got the impression it was ridiculously cruel, in the name of efficiency.

Baruch

Quote from: Solomon Zorn on March 31, 2017, 06:21:28 AM
My friends son, drank a few beers with me, about a year ago. He told me about his previous time working in a pig-slaughtering plant. He said they can't kill them with a bullet, or that-piston-from-No Country for Old Men, like they do cows, because it causes a harmless-but-unattractive red speckle, on the pork steaks. So, what they do is hook up electrical cables to their ears, and zap them first(called "stunning")...then they basically hang them on a hook, and slit them open...I got the impression it was ridiculously cruel, in the name of efficiency.

This is why kosher/hallal slaughter matters.  Minimizes animal cruelty (if you eat meat) ... unless of course you prefer road kill.  Capitalism crapifies everything in the name of financial efficiency ... not any other kind of efficiency ... though time efficiency usually comes into that.  Ultimately ... finance is opposed to marriage, children, families.  Because they are not, are not ... financially efficient.  Slavery in Uncle Tom's Cabin is.  Enjoy your chitlins.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

We're natural omnivores. Having been a predator I have no problems being carnivorous.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on March 31, 2017, 07:14:59 AM
We're natural omnivores. Having been a predator...

Why don't you take a seat?
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on March 31, 2017, 07:44:42 AM
I'm not up with the current catch-phrases, sorry.
PZ Myers

Solomon Zorn

Not sure I understood that one either, Brother...

Gawdzilla Sama

Ah, a quick google...  As much as I like children there just isn't enough meat on them for a good meal.
PZ Myers