"Why Don't More Muslims Condemn Terrorists?"

Started by Shiranu, March 29, 2017, 02:04:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

https://www.theguardian.com/world/shortcuts/2017/mar/26/muslims-condemn-terrorism-stats

QuoteIt happened in history class. Heraa Hashmi, a 19-year-old American Muslim student at the University of Colorado, was supposed to be discussing the Crusades with the man sitting next to her. Within a few minutes, however, he was crusading against Islam.

“Not all Muslims are terrorists, but all terrorists are Muslims,” Hashmi’s classmate told her. What’s more, he complained, not enough Muslims were making a stand against terrorism.
Hashmi was perplexed by this analysis. Muslims are constantly denouncing atrocities that have been committed in the name of Islam. Yet many people seem to think Muslims don’t condemn terrorism enough. So Hashmi decided to put the notion to the test. Using Google spreadsheets, she made a “712-page list of Muslims condemning things with sources”, which she tweeted. The list includes everything from acts of domestic violence to 9/11.
Hashmi’s project isn’t just designed to prove that Muslims are constantly condemning terrorism; she made it to demonstrate how ridiculous it is that Muslims are constantly expected to offer apologies for terrorist acts. Muslims, notes Hashmi, are “held to a different standard than other minorities: 1.6 billion people are expected to apologise and condemn [terrorism] on behalf of a couple of dozen lunatics. It makes no sense.” After all, Hashmi, says, “I don’t view the KKK or the Westboro Baptist church or the Lord’s Resistance Army as accurate representations of Christianity. I know that they’re on the fringe. So it gets very frustrating having to defend myself and having to apologise on behalf of some crazy people.”
Link to the full doc...
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1e8BjMW36CMNc4-qc9UNQku0blstZSzp5FMtkdlavqzc/edit#gid=0
Keep in mind... this is a 712 page document that is still in progress. And we can just ignore the bigger issue that we actually expect Muslims to apologize for people they consider fringe and radical when we would never hold ourselves to the same standard.

And with that, cue pr and Munch to shift the goalposts or explain how its Muslim propaganda funded by Soros in 3, 2, 1...
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Draconic Aiur

The fact that he still is a muslim is surprising.

Baruch

There are no human standards ...

Either I enslave your children, rape your women, kill you and drink your blood from your skull ... or I don't.  Natural law?  Total bullshit.  Human decency?  More bullshit.  If someone is being nice to you, they just haven't gotten around to destroying you yet ... like a praying mantis, only one that recently ate and isn't hungry.

On the other hand, I wouldn't be arguing with a Muslim about anything.  It is rude.  Just give them the Gaddafi treatment, Hillary approves.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

pr126

Lets do some virtue signalling. It feels so good.

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on March 29, 2017, 11:35:41 PM

Used to be, do gooders actually had to do something to help someone (usually someone who didn't want the help) ... now they only have to pose.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

Meanwhile, over in Berlin.

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2017/03/29/parents-campaign-to-have-gay-teacher-removed-from-nursery/

QuoteA group of Muslim parents have threatened to start a campaign to have a gay preschool teacher sacked.
The group of parents in Berlin reportedly threatened to gain signatures for a petition to have the man removed from his post at a kindergarten in Reinickendorf.

The Tagesspiegel newspaper earlier this week reported that the parents were worried about the teacher taking their children to the toilet.

“For some of them, a gay man is automatically a pedophile,” the teacher told the newspaper.
Following protests against his position at the kindergarten, Tagesspiegel reports that the man asked to be transferred to another school.

But the management at the nursery refused, backing the teacher and saying that parents should move their children if they are unhappy.

According to the Local, many parents have removed their children from the kindergarten.
Social Democrats senator for education Sandra Scheeres, also supported the teacher.
“We don’t tolerate discrimination. We want to raise the number of male kindergarten teachers so that they become important role models for children,” Scheeres said.

Adding that “again and again, parents treat male nursery teachers with suspicion.”

Many have taken to social media to support the teacher, with one saying: “Muslims protest against teacher â€" the problem? He’s gay: welcome to the Middle Ages.”

Remember, not all muslims. I suppose it is progressive through, since the Muslim parents didn't ask to have the teacher beheaded.

I would call out the most ironic thing here, but that's like telling people a shit sandwich smells
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Atheon

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

pr126

I think I do.

Wikipedia:
QuoteVirtue signalling is the conspicuous expression of moral values by an individual done primarily with the intent of enhancing that person's standing within a social group. The term was first used in signalling theory, to describe any behavior that could be used to signal virtue â€" especially piety among the political or religious faithful.[1] Since 2015, the term has become more commonly used as a pejorative characterization by commentators to criticize what they regard as the platitudinous, empty, or superficial support of certain political views on social media; and also used within groups to criticize their own members for valuing outward appearance over substantive action.[2][3][4]

Baruch

Atheon does substative action ... he/she lives outside the US by choice.  This may be a good choice given trends ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

"Why don't Muslims condemn terrorism? Silent majority! THEY ALL AGREE WITH TERRORISM!"

"Actually, that's not true, and here is evid..."

"LOL PAT YUR SELF ON THE BACK MORE! SJW CUCK!"

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

SGOS

QuoteVIRTUE SIGNALING: The term was first used in signalling theory, to describe any behavior that could be used to signal virtue â€" especially piety among the political or religious faithful.

Actually a necessary word.  I've witnessed the behavior frequently in religion and politics without knowing what to call it.  Apparently, the transparency of he behavior is so widely apparent to others that it deserves a psychological label.  Picture a social gathering of the pious fundamentalists each flaunting his belief in a competition to be "holier than thou."  The more half-hearted may not feel compelled to be the holiest in the room, but is still compelled to make a good showing, less they appear flawed or unworthy.

SGOS

Honor killings would be a good example.  Actually killing your sister to show the rest of the community how honorable you are.

Shiranu

Quote from: pr126 on March 30, 2017, 05:12:38 AM
I think I do.

Wikipedia:

Wait, after actually reading that, you have proven yet again you have no grasp of the English language. That is not even remotely relevant.

pr126

Quote from: SGOS on March 30, 2017, 07:47:36 AM
Honor killings would be a good example.  Actually killing your sister to show the rest of the community how honorable you are.

It is an old tribal custom.

If he did not kill her, he would lose face, and the tribe would exiled him.
Plus, the female could never marry, her worth is nil, therefore with no support of the tribe she would starve and die. Spoiled goods as it were.
In the tribe everybody knows everybody else. Can't be hushed up.

Very harsh I know, but those were the rules and they did not change at all.

In some parts of the world it is still primitive mediveal times rule.

When they come to the more advanced parts of the world, the bring their mental baggage with them.
Can't get rid of the tribal mentality.