News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Could she potentially be interested?

Started by Manga, March 28, 2017, 12:58:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on March 29, 2017, 09:49:55 AM
I believe that.  I've yet to meet an actual sober person at AA.
My son is currently fighting a DUI charge and goes to meetings and has lots of AA paraphenalia around his apartment and still drinks quite a bit.
Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on March 29, 2017, 09:45:37 AM
I hate to tell you this, but if you have to ask for dating advice on this forum your chances of success have already been greatly diminished. There's an unhealthy number of 30+ year old virgins here...not exactly a bastion of authors of how to pick up girls books.
This is also true, but you are wrecking a potentially interesting thread.  Do not confuse helpful with interesting.

AllPurposeAtheist

Ok, helpful.. Yes! Ask the woman out. The absolute worst thing that can come of it is a resounding NO, but if what you're telling us is all true you'll probably get a yes and later find out she has a really nasty and jealous former boyfriend hell bent on killing you. Or...perhaps she's just lonely and actually likes you. The only regret I've ever had when it comes to asking out a woman was the shot of penicillin. Trust me..it was worth it.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

SGOS

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on March 29, 2017, 09:49:55 AM
I believe that.  I've yet to meet an actual sober person at AA.
My son is currently fighting a DUI charge and goes to meetings and has lots of AA paraphenalia around his apartment and still drinks quite a bit.
Well, there are some that are temporally sober, and who equate that with the claim that they quit drinking.  They have quit many times, in fact.  Some quit as much as 10 times a month.  They are actually quite good at it.  But there are a few that have quit and actually been sober for 25 years and upwards of that.  I'm one of them.  And I've known a couple that quit and remained sober until they died.  But most (maybe slightly more than half) seem to live on the edge, and have rather poor track records of longevity in sobriety.  My own experience tells me that it can work, but takes a little more than simply turning your will over to God.

SGOS

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on March 29, 2017, 09:59:21 AM
Ok, helpful.. Yes! Ask the woman out.
Well, it seems like a good place to start, although I will admit that most of my better relationships never started with a date.  I'd have to think about that some more, but I think that's true.

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on March 29, 2017, 09:59:21 AM
The absolute worst thing that can come of it is a resounding NO, but if what you're telling us is all true you'll probably get a yes and later find out she has a really nasty and jealous former boyfriend hell bent on killing you. Or...perhaps she's just lonely and actually likes you. The only regret I've ever had when it comes to asking out a woman was the shot of penicillin. Trust me..it was worth it.

True.  In fact, very true.  But I can promise, you can never know for sure what's going on at any given time.

Shit!  The power company is going to turn off my power to work on the lines outside my house, and I'll be gone right in the middle of this exchange.  See you later.

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: SGOS on March 29, 2017, 10:02:38 AM
Well, there are some that are temporally sober, and who equate that with the claim that they quit drinking.  They have quit many times, in fact.  Some quit as much as 10 times a month.  They are actually quite good at it.  But there are a few that have quit and actually been sober for 25 years and upwards of that.  I'm one of them.  And I've known a couple that quit and remained sober until they died.  But most (maybe slightly more than half) seem to live on the edge, and have rather poor track records of longevity in sobriety.  My own experience tells me that it can work, but takes a little more than simply turning your will over to God.
I would admit to engaging in hyperbolic foolishness, but then it might discredit your undeniable faith in me. Yeah, I have known a few sober ones, but they're generally in the minority.

aitm

I would say she is in to you. Go for it...nice and easy like. Just be yourself, relax as best you can. Try to study a little body language.....google it....quick guide, if she faces you and her knees point towards you she is quite into you. If her legs start to open a little bit, she is most likely very interested in getting closer. Not hard stuff, but don't jump on her if she spreads her legs wide, she could just be farting.....bad move.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Shiranu

A. Let us know how it goes.
B. I say this from experience of not going for it till like... 4 years late... SHE WANTS THE DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Cavebear

Quote from: Manga on March 28, 2017, 05:37:15 PM
I got her number yesterday. Do you think I should text today or could I wait until Thursday?

She gave you her number idiot.  She wants a call.  Suggest a mild date.  A museum followed by a dinner.  Ask her about herself.

And you better be serious about the museum, BTW!
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

AllPurposeAtheist

Ask her to pray with you dressed in your favorite Mormon missionary suit. Don't forget the magic underwear. It'll take awhile to get off if you get to 3rd base, but it's worth the struggle brother..