Just got my 23andMe DNA analysis report

Started by PopeyesPappy, March 26, 2017, 01:02:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

MD doesn't seem to like that sort of thing.  Otherwise I would have the info already.  I may fake my address.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on September 07, 2017, 09:22:23 PM
MD doesn't seem to like that sort of thing.  Otherwise I would have the info already.  I may fake my address.

Use someone else's spit ... for your DNA sample.  But don't use a woman's spit.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on September 08, 2017, 01:12:13 PM
Use someone else's spit ... for your DNA sample.  But don't use a woman's spit.

I would only have use for my own DNA info. 

Gawdzilla Sama

Well, seems I'm 99.9% Oirish/Eng----. Knew that. Also have 1165 other 23andMe clients in my "DNA family". That would be the minority that would actually do something like this.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on September 16, 2017, 09:22:11 AM
Well, seems I'm 99.9% Oirish/Eng----. Knew that. Also have 1165 other 23andMe clients in my "DNA family". That would be the minority that would actually do something like this.

Blimey & Blarney?  Good for you.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on September 16, 2017, 09:57:00 AM
Blimey & Blarney?  Good for you.

I've just ordered a ancestry dna kit...  Will report when results received.  Bet there is a native american in my french canadian ancestry.  And bet I am mostly British and northern French...

pr126

23andme

Beware!

QuoteYou probably wouldn’t hand out your social security number without having a pretty good idea of how that information was going to be used, right? That would be dumb. It’s extremely sensitive information. And yet, the consumer genetic testing market is booming thanks to people readily giving up another piece of their identity: their genetic code.
QuoteDespite all that, we’re guessing that when you signed up for Ancestry or 23andMe, you probably didn’t read the fine print to find out what, exactly, those companies plan to do with your data. We can’t blame youâ€"they’re long, boring polices written in legalese that’s difficult to understand. If you actually read those policies, though, you might not have gone ahead with the test. It turns out that the breadth of rights you are giving away to your DNA is kind of terrifying.

Gawdzilla Sama

They're going to scan people at the check-out lines until they find one with a match for their sample.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on October 23, 2017, 09:27:45 AM
23andme

Beware!

I appreciate the concern, really I do.  And I red the article start to finish.  I was aware of it possibilities. 

But I am single, oldish, and unlikely to have any useful DNA.  Well, I've never caught the Flu since puberty and if that ends up helping others, fine with me. I'd rather die famous than rich, LOL!

I'll trade that for information about my genetic heritage. 

pr126

My post was not made specifically for you, but to anyone interested in the subject.
However,
Looking on the web site, it is £149 for the test.
Thanks, but no thanks.

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on October 23, 2017, 09:37:04 AM
They're going to scan people at the check-out lines until they find one with a match for their sample.

You should probably rest more often, take your pills, and try a waterbed.  I like mine a lot.  The waterbed, I don't take any pills.  . 

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on October 23, 2017, 09:47:36 AM
You should probably rest more often, take your pills, and try a waterbed.  I like mine a lot.  The waterbed, I don't take any pills.  . 
:sigh:
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on October 23, 2017, 09:52:07 AM
:sigh:

Was the *sigh* about the king-sized waterbed I share with my 3 cats at night for about 10 hours while I sleep late, or was it that I don't need to take any pills and haven't been "sick" with anything in decades?  LOL!

AllPurposeAtheist

Oh C'mon.. You mean God didn't make you white in his image? I mean if he had you could look exactly like Donny Boy.. Fake blonde hair and Cheeto® orange skin..the way god intended..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on October 23, 2017, 09:47:02 AM
My post was not made specifically for you, but to anyone interested in the subject.
However,
Looking on the web site, it is £149 for the test.
Thanks, but no thanks.

Jewish people originally from Hungary, would have a wide variety of ancestries.  Except for kohanim, Jews did intermarry a lot.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.