Just got my 23andMe DNA analysis report

Started by PopeyesPappy, March 26, 2017, 01:02:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on March 26, 2017, 03:20:45 PM
Everyone is North African apparently. Morocco was the place to be I guess.
Don't buy into that one yet, it has problems.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Yeah, I can pretty well guess mine.  My Dad is standard English stock with a tough of German (Pennsylvannia Deutch) thrown in.  Mom is Canadian French but with firm ancestory to North and Mid France.  But I wonder if the Canadian side doesn't have some Native DNA in there...

Actually, I'm looking for a little Neanderthal gene.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on July 18, 2017, 09:00:02 AM
Yeah, I can pretty well guess mine.  My Dad is standard English stock with a tough of German (Pennsylvannia Deutch) thrown in.  Mom is Canadian French but with firm ancestory to North and Mid France.  But I wonder if the Canadian side doesn't have some Native DNA in there...

Actually, I'm looking for a little Neanderthal gene.
He's dead, mate. No more "Young Frankenstein".
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on July 18, 2017, 09:03:15 AM
He's dead, mate. No more "Young Frankenstein".

Actually, most Europeans have 2-3% Neanderthal DNA.  Well, that's where the Neanderthals were and a recent study suggests that Modern Humans were there briefly 200K years ago as well.  In Central Asia, there is about the same Denisovan DNA.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on July 18, 2017, 09:12:56 AM
Actually, most Europeans have 2-3% Neanderthal DNA.  Well, that's where the Neanderthals were and a recent study suggests that Modern Humans were there briefly 200K years ago as well.  In Central Asia, there is about the same Denisovan DNA.

I am about 4% Neanderthal.  That is my good side ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

trdsf

One of these days I'm going to have a 23andMe done.  I know the bulk of my heritage is eastern European and southwestern England, but it'll be interesting to see what else they come up with.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Baruch

Quote from: trdsf on July 18, 2017, 01:04:09 PM
One of these days I'm going to have a 23andMe done.  I know the bulk of my heritage is eastern European and southwestern England, but it'll be interesting to see what else they come up with.

Your avatar shows you are clearly Silesian (that is where the village of Frankenstein was in fact).  Saw it on a pre-WW II map of Germany.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Just spent the afternoon spitting. Some of it went into the vial.
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on July 18, 2017, 07:43:23 PM
Just spent the afternoon spitting. Some of it went into the vial.

If you usually use a spittoon then the test will show that you are descended from tobacco plants ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

aitm

I'm a GOT-DAMN Amurican and all you fuckin furriners need to go back to your ginger bread houses and mother fuckin caves.......
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Baruch

Quote from: aitm on July 20, 2017, 09:01:07 PM
I'm a GOT-DAMN Amurican and all you fuckin furriners need to go back to your ginger bread houses and mother fuckin caves.......

Granny (in the ginger bread house with the murderous Hansel and Grettle) died for your sins.  Sorry, most caves in the US are national monuments.  Only park rangers can go there ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: Baruch on July 20, 2017, 09:54:40 PM
Granny (in the ginger bread house with the murderous Hansel and Grettle) died for your sins.  Sorry, most caves in the US are national monuments.  Only park rangers can go there ;-)

Actually, most of the hundreds of caves around this part of North Alabama are on private land. Cathedral Caverns is a spectacular cave. These days it's a state park, but not very many years ago it was privately owned too. Russell Cave (which isn't much of a cave) is a significant archaeological site for this part of the world.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Baruch

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on July 20, 2017, 10:41:01 PM
Actually, most of the hundreds of caves around this part of North Alabama are on private land. Cathedral Caverns is a spectacular cave. These days it's a state park, but not very many years ago it was privately owned too. Russell Cave (which isn't much of a cave) is a significant archaeological site for this part of the world.

I don't want to know how cave-like your privates are ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Colanth

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on March 26, 2017, 03:20:45 PM
Everyone is North African apparently.
Modern humans actually trace back to the Cradle of Humankind, paleoanthropological site about 50 kilometres northwest of Johannesburg, South Africa.  All of us.  (I don't know about Neanderthals and Denisovans yet - but they may have roots back there too.)
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

Baruch

Quote from: Colanth on July 21, 2017, 01:19:01 PM
Modern humans actually trace back to the Cradle of Humankind, paleoanthropological site about 50 kilometres northwest of Johannesburg, South Africa.  All of us.  (I don't know about Neanderthals and Denisovans yet - but they may have roots back there too.)

White and Asian racists, who don't like Africans, will claim that Neanderthals and Denisovans don't go back to Africa.  Actually, most of the Black folk of Africa, are the only pure humans there are.  The rest of us are hybridized with ugly violent cave men.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.