It was a birthday present from my mom. It says I'm:

European - 98.7%
Sub-Saharan African - 1.1%
Middle Eastern & North African - < 0.1%
East Asian & Native American - < 0.1%
Unassigned - < 0.1%

My maternal Haplogroup is H.
My paternal Haplogroup is I-P109.

I have 252 Neanderthal variants which is less than 82% of 23andMe customers.

I always knew I was just an old white guy. Now it's official.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Baruch

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on March 26, 2017, 01:02:31 PM
It was a birthday present from my mom. It says I'm:

European - 98.7%
Sub-Saharan African - 1.1%
Middle Eastern & North African - < 0.1%
East Asian & Native American - < 0.1%
Unassigned - < 0.1%

My maternal Haplogroup is H.
My paternal Haplogroup is I-P109.

I have 252 Neanderthal variants which is less than 82% of 23andMe customers.

I always knew I was just an old white guy. Now it's official.

I got the same last summer.  They do a very good job.  We have the same maternal Haplogroup (40% of Europeans do) aka H or a sub-variant.  I am H1e.   My paternal Haplogoup is G2a.  Those are the alpha-male, alpha-female parts.  The rest of the 45 genes, are autosomal, a mix, which is where you get the regional/ethnic analysis from.  This website is very good on European ancestry as genetics:

http://www.eupedia.com/genetics/

The I paternal Haplogroup is very ancient ... I1/I2 are W vs E Europe ... and date back to the early Cro-Magnons 40 Kbp.  H maternal Haplogroup is a bit more recent, those people got there at the end of the last Ice Age, so they are very late Cro-Magnon ... Mesolithic instead of Paleolithic.  Though both are hunter/gatherer.  All Cro-Magnons are part Neanderthal.  Only pure modern Black Africans are pure homo sapiens.  The rest of the world is a natural hybrid of two species, like the lion crossed with the tiger is a Liger.  The Bushmen and their relatives of S Africa are the closest in ancestry to the first modern humans (pure strain).  The next closest are the Pygmies and their relatives.  G2a paternal Haplogroup is from the first farmers, who migrated out of Anatolia all over the rest of Europe, in the Neolithic (which came only after the end of the last Ice Age, after the Mesolithic).  For most human beings, when our African ancestors of modern type, first left Africa, they encountered various kinds of Neanderthals, who had been outside Africa for 100s of thousands of years earlier.  They got it on, cave man style, not Gangnam style ;-)

My autosomal DNA is all W European (for last 500 years, as far back as they can check).  That includes the Ashkenazi Jewish part that I have .. they are European, not Roman period ME.  Jews have multiple paternal and maternal lines.  The only fairly pure line that can be proven, are the Kohens.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

SGOS

My sister and her husband did that.  I can't remember all the detail, but it was mostly a European mix with things that surprised them.  I wasn't surprised considering how many generations those things go back.

Draconic Aiur

Everyone is North African apparently. Morocco was the place to be I guess.

Baruch

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on March 26, 2017, 03:20:45 PM
Everyone is North African apparently. Morocco was the place to be I guess.

My autosome is 100% European.  But some Jews did come in via N Africa, during Roman times.  N African migration into Europe began during the Neolithic at least ... there were some cattle herders that made it to S Spain, very early.  The other Neolithics (my paternal link) had goats and sheep, but not cattle and no horses.  The main drive of the cattle/horse people came in, during the Indo-European migration, during the early Bronze Age.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: Baruch on March 26, 2017, 10:12:42 PM
My autosome is 100% European.  But some Jews did come in via N Africa, during Roman times.  N African migration into Europe began during the Neolithic at least ... there were some cattle herders that made it to S Spain, very early.  The other Neolithics (my paternal link) had goats and sheep, but not cattle and no horses.  The main drive of the cattle/horse people came in, during the Indo-European migration, during the early Bronze Age.

guess thats why i have iberian blood too

Baruch

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on March 27, 2017, 01:57:09 AM
guess thats why i have iberian blood too

Iberian ... originally Neanderthal, then New African married into them, creating Cro-Magnon.  Nothing but cave paintings to do and eat large mammals until the ice freeze ends.  The New Africans walked to the Near East first, because they didn't have any boats yet.  Then they walked from the Near East to W Europe.  With the New Stone Age we get various Cro-Magnons moving in until the beginning of the Bronze Age, eventually bringing agriculture from the Near East ... mostly from Turkey, but also from Morocco (cattle herders must have exhausted forage quickly in N Africa).  With the beginning of the Bronze Age (age of myth and heroes) we get the Russian gypsies with their Star Trek technology.  This got them lots of cave men girl friends, and they became the dominant Y chromosome in Europe.  Late Bronze Age Aegean ... we get administrative writing from the Near East but just when the Trojan War gets going, S E Europe collapses into a folk wandering, mostly toward the Near East.  After a few centuries, writing gets started again due to Near East high tech (syllabic alphabet gets converted into true alphabet) and classical civilization starts ... first in Greece, then in Carthage, and finally in Italy.  We have an Iron Age, and men ride horses initially without saddle, but eventually with saddle and stirrup (think late Roman knights).  The Romans give the rest of Europe a taste of civilization, before the Huns and the Germans immigrate all over the place ;-)  And 1500 years later, they still are.  And besides N Africans and Near Easterners coming to Spain in historical times, we eventually have the Arabs, and more Jews, and Africans (Moors).  The Stone Age (old and new) people survive as the Basques.  Jews and Moors who didn't assimilate, got expelled.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Not a drop of white people in me, just gingers.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Atheon

I did mine too, and it turned out I'm as white as a polar bear in a blizzard. I was hoping to find something else in the mix. I do have a trace of Jewish blood in me though, but European still. About 5% Iberian too. But I was already aware of my Spanish and Portuguese ancestors. I know the names of all my great-great-great grandparents
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Baruch

Quote from: Atheon on April 01, 2017, 12:33:30 PM
I did mine too, and it turned out I'm as white as a polar bear in a blizzard. I was hoping to find something else in the mix. I do have a trace of Jewish blood in me though, but European still. About 5% Iberian too. But I was already aware of my Spanish and Portuguese ancestors. I know the names of all my great-great-great grandparents

Part Iberian, part Jewish too.  Hola primo!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

I've been wanting to take a DNA test, myself.  I'm not racist, but I'm afraid that there'd be a distant black ancestor or two and I don't want to change how I live my life.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on April 01, 2017, 02:38:10 PM
I've been wanting to take a DNA test, myself.  I'm not racist, but I'm afraid that there'd be a distant black ancestor or two and I don't want to change how I live my life.

Don't worry, regardless of results, you can stay in the DNA closet ... only your ichthyologist needs to know you are a fish inside ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

MD forbids the 23&Me service.  I just wrote to my Congressman demanding that MD drop the unique restriction.

I expect he will do so immediately.  (yeah right).  But its a start.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on July 18, 2017, 03:55:21 AM
MD forbids the 23&Me service.  I just wrote to my Congressman demanding that MD drop the unique restriction.

I expect he will do so immediately.  (yeah right).  But its a start.

It that Democrat?  We must all think we are Black Hispanic tranies?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Atheon

Quote from: Baruch on March 26, 2017, 10:12:42 PM
I took the Amcestry DNA test in hopes that somewhere there's some interesting mix of background in me somewhere. But I was disappointed to find that I'm 100% white European. There's a little bit of Jewish ancestry and some Iberian (the latter of which I was aware of); that's about as exotic as it gets.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca