The election was rigged, just not the way you think!!!

Started by fencerider, March 23, 2017, 05:14:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fencerider

Carl Rove released the plan in the Wall St Journal in 2010 (apparently democrats weren't paying attention) The republican party took control of the state legislatures around the time of the census. They made sure that the people in every state that redraw the congressional districts were loyal republicans. With the census info the republicans jerry mandered 190 congressional district to make sure only a republican could win an election for the next 10 years. For democrats to regain control of enough districts to be at the table the next time the lines are drawn will be difficult.
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Solomon Zorn

I've been bitchin' about Gerrymandering, for a while. That, and the electoral college, are stains on America's democratic process.

Castration without representation...
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

Baruch

Quote from: Solomon Zorn on March 23, 2017, 05:28:02 PM
I've been bitchin' about Gerrymandering, for a while. That, and the electoral college, are stains on America's democratic process.

Castration without representation...

More castration ... we have too many people already ;-)  And representation has always been ... rather theoretical.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Hydra009 on March 23, 2017, 07:29:37 PM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/01/13/this-is-actually-what-america-would-look-like-without-gerrymandering/

That was a good link, but allow me a suggestion.  A brief description of the link would be helpful.  I recognized the subject immediately because I consider Gerrymandering to be a serious problem, but not everyone would.  A few words describing it and why the Washington Post was a reputable site for info about it would get more readers to visit the link.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!