News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Terror attacks in London

Started by pr126, March 23, 2017, 03:04:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pr126

Well, I don't howl with the pack.

I guess that makes me an outcast. And an individual. No groupthink for me.

Do I care? Not at all.

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: pr126 on March 23, 2017, 01:18:52 PM

Do I care? Not at all.

*gets called out for stupidity*

"Durr I'm a free thinker can't handle muh freeze peach I don't care!"

Every time
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

pr126

Free thinking.

Apprently it is verboten on the college campus.

The Skeletal Atheist

Free thinking = whining like a little baby every time you get called out, saying "I don't care", bitching that your opponent asked you to use a reputable source, and assuming everyone who disagrees with you must either be a college student or have some boner for Islam. Got it.

pr126

Called out? On what? Am I telling lies? Making things up?

No. This is just difference of opinions. I have mine, you have yours. 
No cry baby involved.

FaithIsFilth

Quote from: The Skeletal Atheist on March 23, 2017, 12:33:19 PM
Once again, who the fuck among us has propped up Islam as some noble religion? Most of us have explicitly said it's a horrible religion. We just can't get on board with this "every Muslim is a jihadist ready to cut off your fucking head" mentality you seem to have.

But you know, go on hiding in the bushes. Those Muslims and cultural Marxists are hiding behind every corner, in every shadow. Don't sleep, because once you close your eyes they'll get you!
No one is propping up Islam, but some have summarized the problem as being almost all about culture rather than a specific religion which can seem like they are defending Islam when they really aren't, but I would agree that they are giving Islam itself too much of a pass when talking about culture. No doubt culture plays a huge part in things, and Muslims are of course capable of becoming moderate like many have in the West, but when it comes down to it, I still think that Islam is the worst religion out there at this moment in time and that we should acknowledge that.

As far as a solution to the terrorist attacks Muslims carry out in the West? There is no solution because there is no problem. The West bombs Muslims around the world, Muslims naturally get pissed off and hit back. Win win for Western governments. You bomb them and you profit, they hit you back and you profit by getting to take away more civil liberties and ramping up even more support for the wars.

The Skeletal Atheist

Don't forget those sweet arms deals.

pr126

When one says the west bombed muslims, I understand that the governments and its military bombed them without the civilians consent or approval.

The Muslims are in response terrorizing, killing civilians with the...ahem... governments approval.

Is that just ok? Is it then deserved? We the civilians jus take it, and have no say in the matter?

How so?

Shiranu

Quote from: FaithIsFilth on March 23, 2017, 02:01:28 PM
No one is propping up Islam, but some have summarized the problem as being almost all about culture rather than a specific religion which can seem like they are defending Islam when they really aren't, but I would agree that they are giving Islam itself too much of a pass when talking about culture. No doubt culture plays a huge part in things, and Muslims are of course capable of becoming moderate like many have in the West, but when it comes down to it, I still think that Islam is the worst religion out there at this moment in time and that we should acknowledge that.

As far as a solution to the terrorist attacks Muslims carry out in the West? There is no solution because there is no problem. The West bombs Muslims around the world, Muslims naturally get pissed off and hit back. Win win for Western governments. You bomb them and you profit, they hit you back and you profit by getting to take away more civil liberties and ramping up even more support for the wars.

Almost fully agreed, except religion is culture so you can't really call them two things.

Also, it's not just bombing; we, and particularly the British, have been overthrowing their governments and exploiting their economies, amongst all other sorts of corruption and fuckery, for generations. That is not a wound that heals quickly.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

FaithIsFilth

Quote from: pr126 on March 23, 2017, 02:33:08 PM
When one says the west bombed muslims, I understand that the governments and its military bombed them without the civilians consent or approval.

The Muslims are in response terrorizing, killing civilians with the...ahem... governments approval.

Is that just ok? Is it then deserved? We the civilians jus take it, and have no say in the matter?

How so?
Yes, you do just have to take the attacks and have no say in the matter. Sadly, I don't see the wars in the middle east stopping any time soon, so the terrorist attacks won't either. No, it's not deserved, but life isn't fair. This attack in London was a tragedy for the victims and their families and there's nothing wrong with being angry about it because these attacks suck. Islam sucks too, but the west is kind of at war with a lot of Muslims right now, so I think the bombing and wars might have something to do with these attacks happening, rather than "They did it because of their religion." I wish they didn't go after civilians either, but what can be expected when the west bombs hospitals and weddings? Going after civilians is more terrorizing to the public at large, so that's probably part of the reason the Muslim terrorists do that. They're also easier targets.

Munch

Quote from: Shiranu on March 23, 2017, 04:49:21 PM
Almost fully agreed, except religion is culture so you can't really call them two things.

Also, it's not just bombing; we, and particularly the British, have been overthrowing their governments and exploiting their economies, amongst all other sorts of corruption and fuckery, for generations. That is not a wound that heals quickly.

Does that give justification for citizens in America and the UK to die because of that?
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Shiranu

Quote from: Munch on March 23, 2017, 05:55:36 PM
Does that give justification for citizens in America and the UK to die because of that?

Not sure how you extrapolated that from my comments, but okay.

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on March 23, 2017, 01:18:52 PM

Do I care? Not at all.

Particularly when the pack is lemmings, not wolves, and they are heading for the cliff!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on March 23, 2017, 05:55:36 PM

Should Churchill surgically kill only SS members?  You are at war, and are deluded into not thinking you are (I think the US is more deluded and isolated than Britain of course).  Civilians always die in wars, it is why there are wars.  To reduce the excess population and to act as a lesson for "the others".  Had I been alive then, I would be perfectly fine killing German, Italian or Japanese civilians.  It is more efficient to kill their military ... just ask their military to all stand still in one place, so we might more easily accomplish that.  Also stop with the righteousness ... that other Europeans are so much superior to the Germans/Italians.  We aren't.  The first concentration camps against civilians, were against the Boers, in the Boer war ... and were built by the British.  The US was waterboarding prisoners during the Philippine Insurrection over 100 years ago.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.