News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Terror attacks in London

Started by pr126, March 23, 2017, 03:04:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skeletal Atheist

I really wanna know when any of the regular posters here have said Islam is a religion of peace.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

pr126

Well, the favorite mantra is #NOTALLMUSLIMS.

There are just a tiny minority TM of misunderstanders hijacking the noble religion. No one knows why.

The vast majority (99.999999%) is peaceful. Nothing to worry about.

There are two versions of the Quran. One edition is for the "radicals" and the other is for the rest.

The Skeletal Atheist

Once again, who the fuck among us has propped up Islam as some noble religion? Most of us have explicitly said it's a horrible religion. We just can't get on board with this "every Muslim is a jihadist ready to cut off your fucking head" mentality you seem to have.

But you know, go on hiding in the bushes. Those Muslims and cultural Marxists are hiding behind every corner, in every shadow. Don't sleep, because once you close your eyes they'll get you!

Baruch

Quote from: The Skeletal Atheist on March 23, 2017, 12:33:19 PM
Once again, who the fuck among us has propped up Islam as some noble religion. Most of us have explicitly said it's a horrible religion? We just can't get on board with this "every Muslim is a jihadist ready to cut off your fucking head" mentality you seem to have.

But you know, go on hiding in the bushes. Those Muslims and cultural Marxists are hiding behind every corner, in every shadow. Don't sleep, because once you close your eyes they'll get you!

Cultural Marxist Muslims ... oh my!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: The Skeletal Atheist on March 23, 2017, 11:35:45 AM
I really wanna know when any of the regular posters here have said Islam is a religion of peace.

Not even I.  Humans are killer apes ... no peace there.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on March 23, 2017, 08:50:18 AM
Yeah, but these days, I'm not sure what they are up to.  Go to meetings and hear the Grand Exalted Poobah nostalgically reminisce about the old days, and afterwards everyone plays cards wearing their spooky outfits?

Shuffleboard and bingo.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Quote from: Baruch on March 23, 2017, 12:46:49 PM
Cultural Marxist Muslims ... oh my!

Jesus Christ that is terrifying.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on March 23, 2017, 12:50:08 PM
Jesus Christ that is terrifying.

I knew you were heading for the monastery ;-)  Usually though, monks are mostly afraid of nuns.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on March 23, 2017, 08:23:41 AM
Always best to wait for the reasoning behind it. One could make the assumption this was islamic terrorism, but they need more information. If the man was mentally ill or an escapee from a mental asylum, then even if this was motivated by belief, their could be many more contributing factors involved. Wait for more info to come out.

Years ago when Jean Charles de Menezes was shot dead, the press accused him of being a suicide bomber, but it was later confirmed he wasn't. And while this current case the assailant was out to kill, you could make up anything about his motivations before the facts come out.

That said, if it was religiously motivated, the government will try to cover it up as not to 'offend anyone'.

It was confirmed that he was a bad dude, known to the police, and convicted of crimes previously.  A thug, with a beard ... and "death by cop".  People do that, not just Muslims.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

PickelledEggs

As much as you all know I think pr is a crazy paranoid old fart, it's pretty hard to ignore the high rate of Muslims that are carrying out these large scale attacks.
And of course I do not imply that all Muslims are this extreme. A very large percentage aren't.
If there is a connection to the fact that they belong to the Islamic faith, I don't know. I'm not going to comment on the correlation and the causation. But the high rate of people that belong to Islamic faith is undeniable. And we also know, by looking at their middle east, where Islam is not only the majority, it's the law, it's even worse. They're a mess in their own countries that they come from.

But I dare not mention that...

Baruch

Quote from: PickelledEggs on March 23, 2017, 12:58:34 PM
As much as you all know I think pr is a crazy paranoid old fart, it's pretty hard to ignore the high rate of Muslims that are carrying out these large scale attacks.
And of course I do not imply that all Muslims are this extreme. A very large percentage aren't.
If there is a connection to the fact that they belong to the Islamic faith, I don't know. I'm not going to comment on the correlation and the causation. But the high rate of people that belong to Islamic faith is undeniable. And we also know, by looking at their middle east, where Islam is not only the majority, it's the law, it's even worse. They're a mess in their own countries that they come from.

But I dare not mention that...

Cruelty of numbers.  Say you have one million Muslim immigrants.  Say 1% are crazy murdering fuckers.  That means you have 10,000 guys out to decapitate you or burn you alive ... not a happy prospect.  This worked great for the Brown Shirts in Germany.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

The Skeletal Atheist

There is a sort of solidarity among Muslims on the basis of religion, especially among Sunnis. It's sort of like a national identity almost. Not every Muslim is going to respond, but some of the more religious ones or loner types will easily pick up on this idea that these foreign powers are killing innocent Muslims.

Think about how fucking pissed most Americans were after 9/11. We may not have ever been to New York or known anyone affected, but they were Americans dammit!

Now imagine a Muslim who identifies just as strongly with other Muslims reading about weddings being bombed. Of course this doesn't explain all jihadists. I don't know the solution to this, but it's not to treat them like shit.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Baruch on March 23, 2017, 01:04:13 PM
Cruelty of numbers.  Say you have one million Muslim immigrants.  Say 1% are crazy murdering fuckers.  That means you have 10,000 guys out to decapitate you or burn you alive ... not a happy prospect.  This worked great for the Brown Shirts in Germany.
My point is that the demographic of people carrying out these very violent and large scale attacks have been Muslim, and increasingly so. I'm in no way saying to ban them as a whole, but it's also not a good idea to ignore this.

I saw some tweet last night that I liked
' "That zebra's white!"
"That zebra's black AND white"
"Are you saying that zebra's black???" '

By simply mentioning there is additional things to include, you're seen as someone that is saying something completely contrary and in complete disagreement. It's fallacious. This can not keep going. We need to look at this objectively.

That tweet isn't just something that represents liberals. It's representational of conservatives too. In fact it's representational of people as a whole. If we hear something that doesn't 100% confirm our statement, we tend to, for the most part, see it as a disagreement and we then need to defend our biases. That is an emotional response though. This is not a time for emotional responses. We need some compassion for the people trying to flee their volatile country, yes, but we still need to take care of this with an analytic mindset.