News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Terror attacks in London

Started by pr126, March 23, 2017, 03:04:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atheon

He was a man, so kick all men out of the UK.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Baruch

The UK which taught the US how to be corrupt ... can't be trusted.  So to what extent was this an attempt by the Powers That Be to prevent Brexit?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Quote from: Baruch on March 23, 2017, 07:04:30 AM
The UK which taught the US how to be corrupt ... can't be trusted.  So to what extent was this an attempt by the Powers That Be to prevent Brexit?
I don't see how this act helps or hinders Brexit.  If there is a government conspiracy here, it must have been planned by someone with a PhD in the Psychology of Convoluted Mental Dynamics and Mob Motivation.  But then, I'm just a lightweight when it comes to Mob Psychology.

pr126

Of course none of this has anything to do with the peaceful and tolerant Islam.

However: open to interpretation,

QuoteQuran 9:111 â€" “Allah hath purchased of the believers their persons and their goods; for theirs (in return) is the garden (of Paradise): they fight in His cause, and slay and are slain: a promise binding on Him in truth, through the Law, the Gospel, and the Quran: and who is more faithful to his covenant than Allah? then rejoice in the bargain which ye have concluded: that is the achievement supreme.”

Shiranu

Quote from: Atheon on March 23, 2017, 05:41:45 AM
He was a man, so kick all men out of the UK.

He also had hair I betya. You know what "those" people are like.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

SGOS

Quote from: pr126 on March 23, 2017, 07:21:57 AM
Of course none of this has anything to do with the peaceful and tolerant Islam.

However: open to interpretation,
I've only read a couple of articles, but the only thing I've read is that police suspect terrorism.  I haven't read that the perp is a Muslim, or if he is tied to some organization, or if he was just your garden variety maniac.  The media so far has been avoiding speculation, and what I've read seems to be limited to the information provided by the police.  I don't get TV so I'm not bombarded by a constant flow of opinion, although I'm guessing Google might be sorting out what they feed me through some algorithm determined by my personal internet patterns.

Once it is confirmed that he is a Muslim, I'm guessing I'll start seeing opinion feeds, but they haven't shown up yet.

pr126

Well, I have read that the perp was a member of the religion of peace.
Naturally the MSM wants to keep this part out of the narrative.

But, if it was a Right wing Christian, you would have read it on the front page of every news outlet even before the bodies got cold.

I bet a years pension that he was a Muslim.

See the photo of the perp on the gurney receiving medical attention, and pay attention to the beard.
Thats a giveaway.

SGOS

Whoops!  I spoke to soon.  I just read this: 

QuoteLONDON â€" A British-born man who was once investigated for connections to violent extremism carried out the deadly attack outside Parliament in London on Wednesday, according to Prime Minister Theresa May...

officials were not ready to release the man’s name, but she added that “there was no prior evidence of his intent or of the plot” and that “our working assumption is that the attacker was inspired by Islamist ideology.”
So now the cat is coming out of the bag.  I, apparently like most others, try not jump to Islamic terrorism anytime there's a mass murder, at least not in public statements, but you can't help wondering what the cat is going to look like when it comes out.  And it does seem that 9 times out of 10, it's related to Islam.

SGOS

That is the first photo, where the man's face was actually shown, but I'm pretty sure I've seen photos of that guy's feet sticking out from the hover of attendants.  And for some reason, I figured that he must have been the perp.  Not sure why, maybe because the photos of all the other victims were being helped by civilians without so much police attention.

SGOS

QuoteUnsurprisingly for a multicultural city like London â€" where a moment of silence was held at 9:33 a.m. on Thursday, to be followed by a vigil in the evening â€" people from several nationalities were among the victims, Mr. Rowley said. He appealed for calm, saying, “We must not allow terrorists to sow discord and fear in our city.”
Of course, it does sow discord and fear.  That's kind of the point.  Strange business, terrorism.  I guess it's effective, although it seems like a poor strategy long term.

Munch

Always best to wait for the reasoning behind it. One could make the assumption this was islamic terrorism, but they need more information. If the man was mentally ill or an escapee from a mental asylum, then even if this was motivated by belief, their could be many more contributing factors involved. Wait for more info to come out.

Years ago when Jean Charles de Menezes was shot dead, the press accused him of being a suicide bomber, but it was later confirmed he wasn't. And while this current case the assailant was out to kill, you could make up anything about his motivations before the facts come out.

That said, if it was religiously motivated, the government will try to cover it up as not to 'offend anyone'.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

pr126

A moment of silence and a vigil.  Possibly with candles, flowers, and teddy bears.

Yeah, that will help a lot. We are good at that. Practice makes perfect.

Until the next time.  Then wash, rinse, repeat.

Munch

Quote from: pr126 on March 23, 2017, 08:25:11 AM
A moment of silence and a vigil.  Possibly with candles, flowers, and teddy bears.

Yeah, that will help a lot. We are good at that. Practice makes perfect.

Until the next time.  Then wash, rinse, repeat.

shits always gonna go down like this, regardless of what someones beliefs or opposing beliefs are.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

pr126

Quote from: Munch on March 23, 2017, 08:23:41 AM
Always best to wait for the reasoning behind it. One could make the assumption this was islamic terrorism, but they need more information. If the man was mentally ill or an escapee from a mental asylum, then even if this was motivated by belief, their could be many more contributing factors involved. Wait for more info to come out.

Years ago when Jean Charles de Menezes was shot dead, the press accused him of being a suicide bomber, but it was later confirmed he wasn't. And while this current case the assailant was out to kill, you could make up anything about his motivations before the facts come out.

That said, if it was religiously motivated, the government will try to cover it up as not to 'offend anyone'.

Right. here is the form.

Some suggestions:

[_] Lone wolf

[_] Mental problems

[_] Disenfranchised

[_] Socio economic reasons

[_] Misinterpreted the Quran

[_] Hijacked the peaceful religion

[_] Not  a true Muslim

[_] Nothing to do with Islam

[_] Trump's fault