News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Terror attacks in London

Started by pr126, March 23, 2017, 03:04:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

Hindu terrorism is kinda a big deal as well. We just don't hear about it because it happens, "over there".

And much like Islamic terrorism, it's rooted in much the same causes and excuses. Is Hinduism by it's nature a violent religion?
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

FaithIsFilth

To be fair to the people who don't want a lot of Muslims coming into their country, I don't think they're all bigots. Muslim terrorist attacks in the west are quite rare, but I suppose one could make the argument that the more Muslims you have, the more likely a terrorist attack is to happen, so you lose more and more civil liberties after these attacks happen. I can understand that point of view, but my take on this is that the civil liberties are going to be taken away eventually anyways, so might as well get it over with. Although I can understand their point of view to an extent, when you have someone (say Trump, for example), fear mongering about Muslims and trying to ban them from the country, that of course ramps up the hate and abuse Muslims have to deal with, which in turn is probably just helping radicalise more and more of them, so I'm against the anti-Muslim rhetoric from the alt-right and I'm happy to have Muslim refugees come into my country.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Shiranu on March 24, 2017, 01:46:10 PM
Hindu terrorism is kinda a big deal as well. We just don't hear about it because it happens, "over there".

And much like Islamic terrorism, it's rooted in much the same causes and excuses. Is Hinduism by it's nature a violent religion?
Yeah, but we're not talking about over there; we're talking about right here. The country we live. Maybe it's less of a priority for you, but I am in NYC pretty frequently. Those serial bombing attacks that happened this past year could have happened to me. It's easy to think of this as something else, when you aren't directly dealing with it.

Banning all muslims is an emotional response, and the wrong response, but at that same note, allowing vast floods of muslims in is also an emotional response and the wrong response. There needs to be a middle ground and I still don't think we've found it yet.

Shiranu

QuoteThe world is strangely incurious as why from all the religions of the world it is Islam that behaves so.

Maybe because the rest of the world isn't so deluded to believe that it is.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Shiranu

Quote from: PickelledEggs on March 24, 2017, 04:02:06 PM
Yeah, but we're not talking about over there; we're talking about right here. The country we live. Maybe it's less of a priority for you, but I am in NYC pretty frequently. Those serial bombing attacks that happened this past year could have happened to me. It's easy to think of this as something else, when you aren't directly dealing with it.

Banning all muslims is an emotional response, and the wrong response, but at that same note, allowing vast floods of muslims in is also an emotional response and the wrong response. There needs to be a middle ground and I still don't think we've found it yet.

I mention Hindu terrorism in regards to this idea that only Islam can be violent, not that it is relevant to us. That said...

The odds of being involved in a Muslim terrorist attack, or any terrorist attack, are astronomically small, and letting in refugees is not going to change that. It's not a matter of location (unless I went to say Kabul, Aleppo, Mali, etc), it's a matter of "indifference" because it is a non-factor.

Should we heavily vet Muslim immigrants? Yes. Should we heavily vet ANY immigrant? Yeah, probably. But I am not going to sit in my bed, pissing myself with gun in lap, and sell my humanity because, "Oh mah gawd, teh Muslooms are cumming for me!" (which when taking that misspelling literally becomes much more frightening). I am far more likely to die in a car wreck, or from alcohol poisoning, or drowning in the river than I am from a Muslim... yet I don't sell my car, stop drinking and stay away for the river, nor do I call anyone who drives a car a "potential threat, even if the vast majority of car drivers are safe drivers" and start proposing we ban people from being able to drive.

To put it into more cultural terms; I have been to Juarez a few times. It's not a "safe" city by any means. I know Mexicans who a drug dealers and violent criminals. But I don't therefor assume that any Mexican is a potential threat to my safety, and if they come here they could kill someone or if I go to Mexico I could be killed, and thus think that Mexicans should be banned because, while some Mexicans are good, there is something within their cultural ideology that turns them into bad people.

I also want to say this...

>>>When I accuse cowardice towards Pr, I legitimately believe that he is a spineless coward. That does not mean I think people who agree with him are the same, I just think there are certain powers-that-be within our society that both wittingly and unwittingly try their hardest to scare people, and there is no shame in buying into it. We are all a product of the information we are fed, and I personally just don't find that message to warrant changing my personal morality to appeal to that fear.<<<

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on March 24, 2017, 01:46:10 PM

Actually the followers of King Rama and Charioteer Krishna say yes.  Just label your Hindu opponents as Kurus and your non-Hindu opponents as Ravanas.  Then whatever incarnation of Vishnu you are dealing with, like the G-d of Job, says ... kill if I tell you to, don't kill if I don't tell you.  Red light/Green light.  I played that as a kid.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

The separation of muslims and islam is a long road. The only way I see it that such a thing can occur is for people who come from a deeply islamic region to find ground in secular countries and are prepared to adapt to it. They don't even have to forego islam, just do what happened with Christianity and hopefully that disconnect between the two will occur.
I would sooner have a group of people claiming to follow the quran but only take snippets from it as their ritual like Christians do with the bible, then having the pure ideology itself being brought over to secular countries. 
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Shiranu

Quote from: Munch on March 24, 2017, 07:34:50 PM
The separation of muslims and islam is a long road. The only way I see it that such a thing can occur is for people who come from a deeply islamic region to find ground in secular countries and are prepared to adapt to it. They don't even have to forego islam, just do what happened with Christianity and hopefully that disconnect between the two will occur.
I would sooner have a group of people claiming to follow the quran but only take snippets from it as their ritual like Christians do with the bible, then having the pure ideology itself being brought over to secular countries. 

Easier said than done, when the U.S. and UK keep overthrowing secular governments and propping up radical regimes like the Saudis (that then export the radical ideology to both the Arab League and the EU).

pr126

Quote from: Munch on March 24, 2017, 07:34:50 PM
I do not think it is possible to separate Muslims from Islam.
First, it is their sole identity.
Without Islam they are worthless like the kufar.  And of course it is apostasy, punishable by death.

Also, the Quran forbids "cherry picking". The Quran must be obeyed in its entirity. It is the words of Allah, immutable, sacred.

Islam rules by fear.

pr126

6 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:35 pm

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/783955 ... ead-injury

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3180485/essex-road-islington-hit-and-run-horror-crash/

We do not know who was arrested, but it goes like this. If the perpetrators were non Muslims, their names and photos would be spread all over the media within an hour.

If it kept quiet, it is a good chance that it was .... well, guess. My money is on the Amish.

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on March 26, 2017, 10:39:24 AM
6 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:35 pm

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/783955 ... ead-injury

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3180485/essex-road-islington-hit-and-run-horror-crash/

We do not know who was arrested, but it goes like this. If the perpetrators were non Muslims, their names and photos would be spread all over the media within an hour.

If it kept quiet, it is a good chance that it was .... well, guess. My money is on the Amish.

Yes the Amish ... always sowing terrorism by horse and buggy ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Quote from: Baruch on March 26, 2017, 11:44:28 AM
Yes the Amish ... always sowing terrorism by horse and buggy ;-)
Yes the Amish... wacky but loveable.

And I've got admit.  I think their outfits are adorable.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on March 26, 2017, 12:13:44 PM
Yes the Amish... wacky but loveable.

And I've got admit.  I think their outfits are adorable.

Tim Allen .. For Richer Or Poorer ... think Don and Ivana
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vanu_y5NY6s
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

I wonder if the Amish ever compliment each other's outfits:  "Oh, I love that dress," or "Hey, nice hat you're wearing today."

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on March 26, 2017, 02:23:14 PM
I wonder if the Amish ever compliment each other's outfits:  "Oh, I love that dress," or "Hey, nice hat you're wearing today."

That would be too worldly for them, probably.  The existence of the cell phone is destroying women's place in their culture.  Gossip is the main use, and as a Hasidic Jew could tell you, gossip is the second worst sin after murder.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.