News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Terror attacks in London

Started by pr126, March 23, 2017, 03:04:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on March 23, 2017, 07:20:01 PM
Should Churchill surgically kill only SS members?  You are at war, and are deluded into not thinking you are (I think the US is more deluded and isolated than Britain of course).  Civilians always die in wars, it is why there are wars.  To reduce the excess population and to act as a lesson for "the others".  Had I been alive then, I would be perfectly fine killing German, Italian or Japanese civilians.  It is more efficient to kill their military ... just ask their military to all stand still in one place, so we might more easily accomplish that.  Also stop with the righteousness ... that other Europeans are so much superior to the Germans/Italians.  We aren't.  The first concentration camps against civilians, were against the Boers, in the Boer war ... and were built by the British.  The US was waterboarding prisoners during the Philippine Insurrection over 100 years ago.

does that mean hiroshima was a good idea? That was the ultimate solution after all.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Hijiri Byakuren

An extremist carried out a religiously-motivated terrorist attack? Pff, next you'll be telling me that bears shit in the woods.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Munch

When I watched theresa may's speech, it honestly didn't feel that remarkable, just pretty much like a word salad as a means to calm the citizenry down, which as a political leader is kind of expected, but nothing much else. The irony being though that while she talked about london being such a mixed community and how terrorism won't stop it being so, as if to express the freedoms london upholds, it feels quite jarring that should someone so much as criticize the direct influence of this terror attack, then such 'freedoms' would be shot down to express it.
After all she said it herself, it was a terror attack, and she did bring up multiculturalism into it.. just.. you know, all except what the cause of it actually was. #religionofpeace

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLtBLS1QY-A&t=0s

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: pr126 on March 23, 2017, 12:18:26 PM
Well, the favorite mantra is #NOTALLMUSLIMS.

So you agree nobody's said "Islam is a religion of peace."
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

aitm

Quote from: SGOS on March 23, 2017, 07:57:45 AM
A British-born man who was once investigated for connections to violent extremism ....
but she added that “there was no prior evidence of his intent or of the plot”

:confused3:

A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on March 23, 2017, 08:00:57 PM
does that mean hiroshima was a good idea? That was the ultimate solution after all.

Unfortunately yes ... as has been argued here before.  A necessary tragedy.  I would prefer if the Japanese would have chosen proper Buddhism ... 20 million Chinese wouldn't have died.  If the Germans had been as civilized as Beethoven, 26 million Russians/Jews wouldn't have died.  Before Hiroshima, Britain and the US bombed Hamburg, Dresden and Berlin to ashes.  The US by itself burned Tokyo and other major Japanese cities to ashes ... deliberately with incendiaries.  Hiroshima was left untouched, to specifically maximize the effect of the Bomb on Japanese psychology.  War is nasty business, tragically necessary.  Would you prefer to die in a Nazi death camp for the crime of being gay ... as would have happened in Britain, if y'all weren't good old vicious killers?  The US wouldn't have allied with Britain, unless y'all got rid of Neville ... and stood up to the Vichy French.  Churchill was a born killer.  The only one who could stand up to Hitler at that time.  The original intent was to use the Bomb on the Germans, because they had a particular justice coming ... but they surrendered too soon, thanks to the efforts of Uncle Joe.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: aitm on March 23, 2017, 09:16:33 PM
:confused3:

Usually this happens in the US, when the FBI coaxes some idiots into a false flag (that then gets nipped at the last minute).  Without coaching by the authorities, most criminals don't talk before hand.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

Woo calm thy hooves, this feels like the most aggressive I've seen you get, which is great, but let me just validate my position. War is hell, anyone knows that, and world peace is a delusion thought up by potheads, but that doesn't mean one can't look at the contributing factors of societal discord.

I am of the nihilistic opinion that there's just to many human beings on the planet fucking everything else up, but I don't like seeing people suffer either, so there's no happy medium. I'm surprised I've not turned to pot like my brother has.

Baruch

I hate aggression and violence too ... but am prepared to temporarily suspend my personal preferences when called for.  Hiroshima wasn't humane.  But things had gotten way past humane.  The servicemen and servicewomen are the first (but not the last) to suffer when the politicians get stupid.  Good thing Germany was led by a corporal, Italy by a journalist, and Japan by a marine biologist.  Shia LaBeouf seems to match Mussolini, as does Trump.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

pr126

Quote from: The Skeletal Atheist on March 23, 2017, 01:37:20 PM
Free thinking = whining like a little baby every time you get called out, saying "I don't care", bitching that your opponent asked you to use a reputable source, and assuming everyone who disagrees with you must either be a college student or have some boner for Islam. Got it.

Crybaby? Me? Projecting much? LOL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeZ1vMc6CNQ&spfreload=10

when reality contradicts your delusions

Stressed much?
Quote“Today during my office hours, 4PM to 7PM, I will be bringing my personal coloring books, crayons, markers and colored pencils for anyone to use in order to de-stress and relax from the election results,” she posted to Facebook.

“Please do not hesitate to reach for help, whether it is to me, the rest of the Community Advisor and Residential Life University Apartment staff, the Counseling Center, the Helping Center, your friends and family or your professors,” Elizabeth wrote. “None of you are alone.”

At least one economics professor at Yale University is also taking it easy on students reeling from Clinton’s loss by making their mid-term exam optional, according to a copy of an email he sent to students that Yale Daily News editor Jon Victor posted to Twitter.

“I am getting many heartfelt notes from students who are in shock over the election returns. (Although as I wrote this the election has not been called.) The ones I find most upsetting are those who fear, rightly or wrongly, for their own families,” the Econ 115 professor wrote. “Therefore, I am making the exam optional.”

Shiranu

Quote from: pr126 on March 24, 2017, 01:48:51 AM

When everyone sees the same thing besides you, you might desire to take a bit more time for some introspection.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

PickelledEggs

Quote from: pr126 on March 24, 2017, 01:48:51 AM

when reality contradicts your delusions

Stressed much?
I don't think you realize how irrational you look when you post bullshit like this, pr

PickelledEggs

So is anyone else going to acknowledge the fact that these large scale attacks are primarily carried out by muslims? No? OK.

Shiranu

Quote from: PickelledEggs on March 24, 2017, 02:10:55 AM
So is anyone else going to acknowledge the fact that these large scale attacks are primarily carried out by muslims? No? OK.

I will (in terms of attacks in the West, anyways). I just think there are deeper causes than them being Muslim.

Edit: And since a previous statement was apparently interpreted as saying I support it...

>>>That does not mean I think Islam is not a factor, just not the cause or a primary factor<<<

Edit Edit: Actually, I will say it's a primary factor, just not in the way a lot of people mean that.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

pr126

QuoteI don't think you realize how irrational you look when you post bullshit like this, pr
More irrational as the people in the video?