Being of low intelligence (among other things)

Started by MyelinSheath, March 22, 2017, 04:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sorginak

Quote from: MyelinSheath on March 22, 2017, 06:49:43 PM
I'm lazy, I hate work, I hate responsibility, and I FUCKING HATE authority. I can't keep a job for more than a couple of weeks because I hate the fact that I HAVE to be there from x to y time, I HAVE to do and say things according to x rules, and I may be disciplined if I don't. I hate getting up in the morning. I love to be alone and to sit around pondering. I have no work ethic at all. I despise work. For these reasons I'm suicidal almost every day because I just can't cope with reality. I hate it.

I shall repeat that you need to speak to someone in a professional field regarding this. 

Baruch

Quote from: MyelinSheath on March 22, 2017, 06:49:43 PM
I'm lazy, I hate work, I hate responsibility, and I FUCKING HATE authority. I can't keep a job for more than a couple of weeks because I hate the fact that I HAVE to be there from x to y time, I HAVE to do and say things according to x rules, and I may be disciplined if I don't. I hate getting up in the morning. I love to be alone and to sit around pondering. I have no work ethic at all. I despise work. For these reasons I'm suicidal almost every day because I just can't cope with reality. I hate it.

You definitely need professional help.  That and don't take any non-prescription meds.  Most people hate the things you hate ... you just have more of it.  Definitely beach combing is in your future.  Can you surf or play beach volleyball?  You could meet dumb blonds that way.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

MyelinSheath

Getting professional help for depression is like a drug addict going to rehab. It works rarely. These people can't change the core of who you are, which is where your tendencies and behavior stem from. They can make temporary differences at best, but the good results will undoubtedly fade and I'll be back to my old self again.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: MyelinSheath on March 22, 2017, 06:31:45 PM
Not a god damn thing. Every single thing I've ever set out to do has failed. And naturally, as someone who gets overly excited about potentially big things that are about to happen, I hype everyone up about it, only for it to be a false alarm every single time. Everyone expects false alarms from me now after crying wolf hundreds of times. I'm just horse shit. Nothing more.
You could always turn to religion...

Then, at least you'd have delusion

MyelinSheath

Quote from: PickelledEggs on March 22, 2017, 08:01:24 PM
You could always turn to religion...

Then, at least you'd have delusion
I guess you could say that my pull-no-punches, no bullshit, objective views of myself are a rejection of the notion of deluding myself. I do not comfort myself with lies about myself. I give myself absolutely no leeway, and no compliment whatsoever. I don't want to live lies. I don't want people telling me that I'm x good thing or have x talent when I clearly don't. Unfortunately, a strict adherence to the truth reveals that I am indeed ignorant, unattractive, undesirable, and a failure.

Solomon Zorn

Quote from: MyelinSheath on March 23, 2017, 02:01:42 AM
I guess you could say that my pull-no-punches, no bullshit, objective views of myself are a rejection of the notion of deluding myself. I do not comfort myself with lies about myself. I give myself absolutely no leeway, and no compliment whatsoever. I don't want to live lies. I don't want people telling me that I'm x good thing or have x talent when I clearly don't. Unfortunately, a strict adherence to the truth reveals that I am indeed ignorant, unattractive, undesirable, and a failure.

In the words of my nephew, "Go sit in the corner, and call yourself a Butthole, 50 times."

I mean, c'mon Brother ... if you are dead set on assessing yourself as worthless, then how are we supposed to help?
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

Mr.Obvious

Mindset, mate. Mindset.

Facing 'the truth' without leaping into denial takes guts. There you go. One positive attribute off the bat.
Continuing on despite what you considere an undesireable 'reality' takes bravery and power of will.
And I appreciate no-bullshit attitudes in general.

Just do me a favor. Don't jumble delusion and hope into one mess. They may seem similar at times, but one is hard to hold onto yet worthwhile, the other is easy to aqcuire but holds you back.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

PickelledEggs

Part of me wonders if this is some obscure way of trolling... but the other part of me is actually worried and concerned about this guy

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: PickelledEggs on March 23, 2017, 11:22:08 AM
Part of me wonders if this is some obscure way of trolling... but the other part of me is actually worried and concerned about this guy

If it's trolling, it's not neffective, as it doesn't piss me off. Pissing off people is what makes trolling a art, right?
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

TrueStory

Quote from: MyelinSheath on March 22, 2017, 07:48:55 PM
Getting professional help for depression is like a drug addict going to rehab. It works rarely. These people can't change the core of who you are, which is where your tendencies and behavior stem from. They can make temporary differences at best, but the good results will undoubtedly fade and I'll be back to my old self again.
You're not really in a position to accurately analyze your situation.  The only way to feel better after spinning your wheels for 10 years is to make change.  Or not, up to you.  I can say if you make no effort you'll stay exactly the same.
Please don't take anything I say seriously.

TrueStory

Quote from: PickelledEggs on March 23, 2017, 11:22:08 AM
I thought the same thing at first, but maybe it's just a person who is really depressed and also an atheist.   
Please don't take anything I say seriously.

Sylar

Intelligence is not the primary factor in success. Not even close. And success is not necessarily a marker of intelligence.

Read Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell.

FYI: Never too old to get an education.
"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." --Oscar Wilde

aitm

Quote from: MyelinSheath on March 22, 2017, 04:51:05 PM
Now I'm 26, which is too old to even try for this goal anymore,
As Ann Landers would say....and in 4 years you'll be 30. So in four years you could be a graduate or still not. I have been told my IQ is 135....I don't think so....and many here would agree with me.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Solomon Zorn

Have you ever tried acting? A real character actor can benefit from a less than ideal appearance. Maybe you could give some depth of understanding to an unconventional personality...

Jesus man, 26 is VERY young. You've been a legal adult for only 8 years.Get some perspective. You have your whole life ahead of you.
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

Cavebear

At 16, I was mowing army base grass at minimum wage.  On weekends I pumped gas at less than minimum wage.  At 18, I got myself into college and wasted all that money because political activism was a LOT more interesting.  But it got me a real job and I eventually went back to college and got my degree.  Not because it gained me anything at my job but because I WANTED IT!

I won't even bother to insult you.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!