News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Kevin Sorbo strikes again

Started by Munch, March 22, 2017, 10:17:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sorginak

Quote from: Baruch on March 22, 2017, 06:48:02 PM
I like remakes of classic mythology.  Bible stuff is generally pretty bad ... though the remake of Ben Hur last year, wasn't too bad.

What was considered religion in the past when the Judeo-Christian religions were gaining a foothold are considered mythology for a good reason.  One does not see Romans and Greeks attempting to still claim that their gods and goddesses are real; no, it has been reasonably accepted as mythology.  The Judeo-Christian trinity is stubborn, however, even though reason has veritably decreed their beliefs as mythology despite their fallible theistic Faith.

Baruch

Quote from: Sorginak on March 22, 2017, 06:52:03 PM
What was considered religion in the past when the Judeo-Christian religions were gaining a foothold are considered mythology for a good reason.  One does not see Romans and Greeks attempting to still claim that their gods and goddesses are real; no, it has been reasonably accepted as mythology.  The Judeo-Christian trinity is stubborn, however, even though reason has veritably decreed their beliefs as mythology despite their fallible theistic Faith.

Actually ... if you were paying attention ... paganism is returning to favor ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBpNu4_TP9w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3jCikK7c3I

These are the people who invented theater ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSRLK7SogvE

It has never been stopped being revived ...
As a comparative theist, I have no problem with paganism.  Also I study Greek and Latin.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Journey_To_Mars

Quote from: Baruch on March 22, 2017, 06:50:50 PM
The past you think happened, is propaganda or your own delusion.  And no, the present isn't always in the past (or in the future), it is the only eternity we get.  You can only act in the present, convert potentiality into actuality ... and that is your theophany.  Whatever the past might have been, that is Judgement.  Something that can't be changed.  Forget about it.  The only point of future thinking, is to avoid stepping off a curb and in front of a moving bus.  Any farther afield, and you are simply worrying for no good reason.
The present actually is in the past, everything that you see happen happened micro seconds ago.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." - Voltaire

Maths is a game where you make the rules and play around within them.

Sorginak

There is Neo-paganism, which includes Wicca, but even reasonable individuals realize the futility of such mythological sensationalism. 

Baruch

Quote from: Journey_To_Mars on March 22, 2017, 07:04:54 PM
The present actually is in the past, everything that you see happen happened micro seconds ago.

Quibble.  Per Heisenberg ... any time you pick, isn't at any exact time.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Sorginak on March 22, 2017, 07:05:11 PM
There is Neo-paganism, which includes Wicca, but even reasonable individuals realize the futility of such mythological sensationalism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgHOHbW9fCA

You simply want to ignore what actual people are doing.  Declare defeat.  Paganism never has been defeated.  Hinduism keeps it very much alive too.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Journey_To_Mars

Thanks for that physics mate.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." - Voltaire

Sorginak

Baruch

Quote from: Sorginak on March 22, 2017, 07:07:54 PM
Looks more like LARP to me.

You would hope it is LARP (the army stuff).  The Greek slashing sword is like a cleaver.  You don't want to be on the receiving end of that.  Take your arm off.  Are the billion Hindus LARPing?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Hydra009 on March 22, 2017, 06:42:01 PM
What about Andromeda?  Mythica: Darkspore?  And whatever the hell this is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDejl0XNhtU
Whatever that is, looks brilliant.

Baruch

Quote from: Journey_To_Mars on March 22, 2017, 07:07:23 PM
Thanks for that physics mate.

Well, at least you are at the Popular Science level.  I did a short series on understanding Quantum Mechanics maybe a year ago, in the Science section.  Was good for me, because it forced me to investigate further, and learn from better teachers (than the ones I had in school).  If you want to know Quantum Mechanics, all you need is an incandescent light bulb ... that is what Planck was studying.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Journey_To_Mars

Quote from: Baruch on March 22, 2017, 07:25:36 PM
Well, at least you are at the Popular Science level.  I did a short series on understanding Quantum Mechanics maybe a year ago, in the Science section.  Was good for me, because it forced me to investigate further, and learn from better teachers (than the ones I had in school).  If you want to know Quantum Mechanics, all you need is an incandescent light bulb ... that is what Planck was studying.
I've read a couple of books on quantum mechanics, Heisenberg is an introduction to the subject.

Baruch

Quote from: Journey_To_Mars on March 22, 2017, 07:28:34 PM
I've read a couple of books on quantum mechanics, Heisenberg is an introduction to the subject.

You have to follow it historically, 1890s thru to the 1930s.  Heisenberg is no introduction, he invented his own mathematics that didn't exist before.  Schroedinger was more conventional, but you have to be good at Partial Diff Eq.  And Dirac is a gray eminence that scared them.  Einstein at that point was an old crank ... though his objections pushed the QM advocates to up their game.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Journey_To_Mars

Quote from: Baruch on March 22, 2017, 07:42:40 PM
You have to follow it historically, 1890s thru to the 1930s.  Heisenberg is no introduction, he invented his own mathematics that didn't exist before.  Schroedinger was more conventional, but you have to be good at Partial Diff Eq.  And Dirac is a gray eminence that scared them.  Einstein at that point was an old crank ... though his objections pushed the QM advocates to up their game.
It is quite a good thing that Einstien was like that, who knows where our current physics would be if he didn't hold onto special relativity as strongly as he did.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on March 22, 2017, 06:48:02 PM
I like remakes of classic mythology.  Bible stuff is generally pretty bad ... though the remake of Ben Hur last year, wasn't too bad.
Why did Ben Hur need to be remade? What was wrong with the original?
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman