News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Started by Xerographica, March 22, 2017, 12:01:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on March 26, 2017, 05:29:45 AM
If there is, I would appreciate a clue from SOMEONE about where to find it.  Other forums routinely have that, but I can't find it here. 

I'm not here to debate with theists or silly people, just want to commune with my fellow atheists.

Echo chamber ... please see Obama WH annex, three blocks from the Trump WH.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on March 26, 2017, 02:33:14 AM
Everytime I try to reach out to you, you respond by babbling about some irrelevant historical character or a few literary quotes.  Yes I know them too. 

I'm sorry I bothered to try.  Put that in your smoke and pipe it...

I don't need you here.  I want to speak to other atheists.  YOU are just a sometimes amusing (and mostly annoying) troll.  You fill the forum with nonsense posts that you think are clever, and say they are "therapy".  Well, get your therapy elsewhere.  Believe it or not, the forum will survive without you (and probably better). 

I wish there was an option here to put all your posts into "ignore".

I am the anti-Cavebear.  I never ignore any of your posts.  You don't like me, but I like you, I appreciate your reaching out (anytime people post their humanity, not their ideology or theology).  Is that how you ran your government department?  Like my boss does?  Yes, please ask to be a moderator, and be like Etienne ... you can boot whoever you dislike.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Solomon Zorn on March 26, 2017, 06:58:49 AM
The "ignore" button, is located in the top right corner of your frontal lobe. Just don't read his posts, or at least don't respond. If you feed the stray cat, it will keep coming back to your door.

Meow?  Purrrr.

Cavebear - Am I a troll?  Pot calling kettle black.  I will be Pa Kettle, you can be Ma ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Jason78

Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Drew_2017

Quote from: Cavebear on March 26, 2017, 05:29:45 AM
If there is, I would appreciate a clue from SOMEONE about where to find it.  Other forums routinely have that, but I can't find it here. 

I'm not here to debate with theists or silly people, just want to commune with my fellow atheists.

Some atheists are very silly. However for better or worse the forum is for freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and believers which I assume means theists (although atheists are believers also they just have a different set of beliefs).

One thing about Baruch sometimes he responds to my posts and I can't tell if he agreed or disagreed.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
Albert Einstein

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jex6k2uvf9aljrq/theism.rtf?dl=0

Xerographica

Say that people did have the freedom to directly allocate their taxes.  How happy would Baruch be with the amount of money spent on defense?   The less happy that he'd be, the bigger of a deviant (from the norm) that he'd be. 

Right now people don't have the freedom to choose where their taxes go.  Out of everybody in the world, I'm the least happy about this.  In this regard I'm the biggest deviant in the world.  I know this for a fact because nobody spends more time arguing in favor of freedom to choose than I do. 

The word "deviant" sure has a negative connotation.  But if nobody deviated from the norm then we'd still be monkeys swinging from the trees.  All progress depends on deviants.  All progress depends on difference. 

Our society truly doesn't understand the benefit of difference.  If it did, it really wouldn't block everybody's differences from the public sector. 

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Drew_2017 on March 26, 2017, 03:36:37 PM
One thing about Baruch sometimes he responds to my posts and I can't tell if he agreed or disagreed.

No one can.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Solomon Zorn

Quote from: Xerographica on March 26, 2017, 04:50:15 PM...Right now people don't have the freedom to choose where their taxes go...
The Republicans will make sure that your tax dollars are yours to allocate, in only one area: education. Soon all the religious schools in the country will be indoctrinating another generation, on the taxpayers dime. Meanwhile the public schools will be severely underfunded, because the money is going to endorse religion.
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Drew_2017 on March 26, 2017, 03:36:37 PM
Some atheists are very silly. However for better or worse the forum is for freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and believers which I assume means theists (although atheists are believers also they just have a different set of beliefs).

Good.  You don't need to know.  You just need to up your game.  So do the regular folks.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Xerographica on March 26, 2017, 04:50:15 PM
Say that people did have the freedom to directly allocate their taxes.  How happy would Baruch be with the amount of money spent on defense?   The less happy that he'd be, the bigger of a deviant (from the norm) that he'd be. 

Right now people don't have the freedom to choose where their taxes go.  Out of everybody in the world, I'm the least happy about this.  In this regard I'm the biggest deviant in the world.  I know this for a fact because nobody spends more time arguing in favor of freedom to choose than I do. 

The word "deviant" sure has a negative connotation.  But if nobody deviated from the norm then we'd still be monkeys swinging from the trees.  All progress depends on deviants.  All progress depends on difference. 

Our society truly doesn't understand the benefit of difference.  If it did, it really wouldn't block everybody's differences from the public sector.

Very good Grasshopper ... how good are you yet at dodging arrows?  It would be an interesting experiment, having Internet enabled direct democracy.  I think nobody can imagine what that would be like ... it might be better than what we got.  If we allocated less money providing a free lunch to corporations, including the MIC ... maybe the rest of the world would have less reason to want to kill us, and we wouldn't need as much defense.  How one sees that work out, is a direct test of cynicism.

I have no problem with deviants, hence being here among the "bohemians".  in religion, the only people who make a new, living religion, are the heretics.  Successful challenge to existing scientific paradigm (much harder job) also is the only way progress is made.  But people don't want to work for it, they want to be declared winners just for participating, and get gold stars.  Yes, be deviant, but not too public about it.  In Japan, as elsewhere, they have a saying ... the nail that sticks out gets hammered down.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on March 26, 2017, 05:08:42 PM
No one can.

We had a string on reality/non of the Ouija board.  Have you tried that yet? ;-)  Contextual awareness is your friend, but few have any friends.  If these posts were more string-like, like an endless group email, it would be easier to see context, but would have other difficulties.  That and we could highlight and footnote the historical developing string as we go.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: Baruch on March 26, 2017, 09:44:21 PM
You can play, Ma Kettle's lap dog ;-)

Says the post whore, who indeed feels like a troll.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Baruch on March 26, 2017, 09:51:10 PM
We had a string on reality/non of the Ouija board.  Have you tried that yet? ;-)  Contextual awareness is your friend, but few have any friends.  If these posts were more string-like, like an endless group email, it would be easier to see context, but would have other difficulties.  That and we could highlight and footnote the historical developing string as we go.

Yes. Good show old chap. *nods knowingly*

guys, I'm typing in a font outside baruch's visual spectrum; help me. I didn't get a single word of that!
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Baruch

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on March 27, 2017, 02:09:16 AM
Says the post whore, who indeed feels like a troll.

Feels?  Keep your hands to yourself ;-)

If you aren't posting enough, why blame me?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.