News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Started by Xerographica, March 22, 2017, 12:01:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on March 24, 2017, 09:11:55 AM
I've watched Zhivago several times and the ending is still uncertain.  But your slightly main point seems to br that both Dems and Reps are equally revolutionary.

This is not true.  The Dems want incremental improvements to general public life; the Reps want to (and I quote POTUS reps here) "to end the Administrative State".  THAT is a revolution. 

Please stop equating moderate to fanatical.  That is not doing yourself or the general discussion any good.

Says you ... LBJ fan?  Carter fan?  Clinton fan?   The corruption is revolutionary in the US ... just not Marxist.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on March 24, 2017, 01:02:54 PM
Says you ... LBJ fan?  Carter fan?  Clinton fan?   The corruption is revolutionary in the US ... just not Marxist.

Corruption is almost, by definition, not revolutionary.  Corruption needs an established order to function well. 

Think twice, post once.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Sorry ... I would have considered a Democrat like Hubert Humphrey to be moderate ... but he lost in 1968 and now we will never know.  All the Democrats since then (and at that time if we include LBJ) were worthless.  I am sorry I ever voted for the party of Jefferson Davis.  Pointing out that all Republicans, since Nixon, have been worthless (and at that time if we include Nixon) doesn't absolve the Democrat failure.  I am also sorry I ever voted for the party of Warren Harding.

We shall see, in the not distant future, how the US is a dead end of history ... because they are too stupid to survive.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on March 25, 2017, 01:26:02 AM
I am sorry I ever voted for the party of Jefferson Davis.  Pointing out that all Republicans, since Nixon, have been worthless (and at that time if we include Nixon) doesn't absolve the Democrat failure.  I am also sorry I ever voted for the party of Warren Harding.

We shall see, in the not distant future, how the US is a dead end of history ... because they are too stupid to survive.

You have this obsession with past party political views as if they were set in concrete.  The Democratic  party of today is no more the party on the 1860s south than the Republic party is that of Lincoln.  In case you didn't notice, they switched sides in the 1960s.  So stop this lame stupidity. 

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on March 25, 2017, 01:48:20 AM
You have this obsession with past party political views as if they were set in concrete.  The Democratic  party of today is no more the party on the 1860s south than the Republic party is that of Lincoln.  In case you didn't notice, they switched sides in the 1960s.  So stop this lame stupidity.

I am quite aware of the kabuki.  They are worse now than in the 1950s.  They should both be out-lawed.  Would have been happy if both had been outlawed in the 1950s ... but I agree, counterfactual thinking about alternative past ... is lame.  Now I am saying outlaw party (not people).  Of course this can't happen, the criminality of the parties is driven by the criminality of the people (not just the leaders).  So that is why I have almost no hope, other than invasion from Alpha Centauri ... that the US can improve.  It can only get worse.

Eventually reality gets around to killing the stupidity ... by killing the stupids ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

"We can't fix everything so we shouldn't try to fix anything."
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on March 25, 2017, 09:04:02 AM
"We can't fix everything so we shouldn't try to fix anything."

If the problem is humanity, not deck chairs on the Titanic ... then the only way to fix things is to get rid of the humanity.  You can pass any law, elect any politician ... and you are still human ... and that is the problem, you (and I) lost at birth.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Baruch on March 25, 2017, 09:13:04 AM
If the problem is humanity, not deck chairs on the Titanic ... then the only way to fix things is to get rid of the humanity.  You can pass any law, elect any politician ... and you are still human ... and that is the problem, you (and I) lost at birth.
Can we apply that to Baruch for starters?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on March 25, 2017, 09:45:29 AM
Can we apply that to Baruch for starters?

Yes, both of us are human.  Both of us suck.  I am willing to admit it ... but not you.  This is like Patton admitting that he was competitive with Monty ... Patton was willing to admit he was a SOB, but Monty was not.  Eisenhower agreed that both of them were SOB.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Baruch on March 25, 2017, 11:57:55 AM
Yes, both of us are human.  Both of us suck.  I am willing to admit it ... but not you.  This is like Patton admitting that he was competitive with Monty ... Patton was willing to admit he was a SOB, but Monty was not.  Eisenhower agreed that both of them were SOB.
Oh, I'm willing to admit you suck.
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on March 25, 2017, 01:16:12 PM
Oh, I'm willing to admit you suck.

Yep ... ape men, egomania all the way down.  Don't point your banana at me, or are you glad to see me?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on March 25, 2017, 09:00:00 AM
I am quite aware of the kabuki.  They are worse now than in the 1950s.  They should both be out-lawed.  Would have been happy if both had been outlawed in the 1950s ... but I agree, counterfactual thinking about alternative past ... is lame.  Now I am saying outlaw party (not people).  Of course this can't happen, the criminality of the parties is driven by the criminality of the people (not just the leaders).  So that is why I have almost no hope, other than invasion from Alpha Centauri ... that the US can improve.  It can only get worse.

Eventually reality gets around to killing the stupidity ... by killing the stupids ;-(

Everytime I try to reach out to you, you respond by babbling about some irrelevant historical character or a few literary quotes.  Yes I know them too. 

I'm sorry I bothered to try.  Put that in your smoke and pipe it...

I don't need you here.  I want to speak to other atheists.  YOU are just a sometimes amusing (and mostly annoying) troll.  You fill the forum with nonsense posts that you think are clever, and say they are "therapy".  Well, get your therapy elsewhere.  Believe it or not, the forum will survive without you (and probably better). 

I wish there was an option here to put all your posts into "ignore".

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Cavebear on March 26, 2017, 02:33:14 AM
Everytime I try to reach out to you, you respond by babbling about some irrelevant historical character or a few literary quotes.  Yes I know them too. 

I'm sorry I bothered to try.  Put that in your smoke and pipe it...

I don't need you here.  I want to speak to other atheists.  YOU are just a sometimes amusing (and mostly annoying) troll.  You fill the forum with nonsense posts that you think are clever, and say they are "therapy".  Well, get your therapy elsewhere.  Believe it or not, the forum will survive without you (and probably better). 

I think there is, just saying.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Cavebear

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on March 26, 2017, 02:47:59 AM
I think there is, just saying.

If there is, I would appreciate a clue from SOMEONE about where to find it.  Other forums routinely have that, but I can't find it here. 

I'm not here to debate with theists or silly people, just want to commune with my fellow atheists. 

Solomon Zorn

Quote from: Cavebear on March 26, 2017, 02:33:14 AM
The "ignore" button, is located in the top right corner of your frontal lobe. Just don't read his posts, or at least don't respond. If you feed the stray cat, it will keep coming back to your door.
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com