News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Trump budget plan

Started by fencerider, March 16, 2017, 08:07:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fencerider

Trump released his budget plan. What do you think of it? Is it a republican wet-dream? Is it the work of a crazy man? Is it the work of an idiot? Is it the beginning of a police state?

Overal plan is to cut the size of government while at the same time increasing military spending. That means lots of cuts to other things.

A short list:
Increase military spending to $650 billion
EPA 30% budget cut
State Dept 29% budget cut
National Institute of Health block grant $500 million to the states
National Endowment for the Arts dissolved
National Endowment for Humanities dissolved
Appalachian Regional Commision dissolved
Delta Regional Authority dissolved

wall funded by cuts to TSA and Coast Guard
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Sorginak

It is the work of a man who is going to find himself thrown out of the White House very soon.

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Sorginak

Solomon Zorn

Trump can propose whatever draconian budget he wants to. It's the congress who actually writes it. They can ignore any and every "proposal" he puts forth, if they choose. So it will be them who have to answer, for dismantling 70 years of progress. He's just a rubber stamp.
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

Solomon Zorn

Atheon

Nothing short of pure evil.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Baruch

When the money runs out, the Americans will have to go back to the fields and live off of over-ripe vegetables and potatoes ... like the Russians did in 1991-92.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Sorginak on March 16, 2017, 08:35:11 PM
It is the work of a man who is going to find himself thrown out of the White House very soon.
I would love to think you are right.  But I fear not.  Trump will be with us for at least 4 yrs.  That is how sick this country has become.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

fencerider

Quote from: Solomon Zorn on March 16, 2017, 09:43:08 PM
you forgot to mention the 9 billion dollar cut to the Department of Education
didn't forget it. missed that one. I was listening to the radio at work. I didn't hear all the details of the budget.

You can add more details if you have them...
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Solomon Zorn

I don't want to sidetrack the thread, but Trump's proposed budget cuts, for the Department of Education, may become moot very soon:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/899/cosponsors

Like I said, the Republican Congress is our real problem.

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on March 16, 2017, 11:11:42 PM
I would love to think you are right.  But I fear not.  Trump will be with us for at least 4 yrs.  That is how sick this country has become.

That is how sick the colonies have become - King George III
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Solomon Zorn on March 17, 2017, 01:54:50 AM
I don't want to sidetrack the thread, but Trump's proposed budget cuts, for the Department of Education, may become moot very soon:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/899/cosponsors

Like I said, the Republican Congress is our real problem.

Trump is a mere distraction for the Digirati.  It's A Trap! - Admiral Akbar
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

fencerider

you know what happens when kids drink too much Kool-Aid. They get a little crazy until an adult steps in. But I think uncle Schumer is passed out on the back couch. Don't expect uncle Mitch to straighten anything out

Its not just the budget. The republitards that are in Congress right now heard that "everybody hates Obamacare. So let's make it worse"

The Skeletal Atheist

Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!