News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Blasphemy laws M103 in Canada

Started by pr126, March 24, 2017, 01:58:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pr126

Canada has made Islamophobia illegal, implimenting blasphemy laws.

Any thoughts on this?

Gilgamesh

It's not actually law, but rather a motion.

Still..

pr126

Quote from: Gilgamesh on March 24, 2017, 02:19:27 PM

Still..

For now.
But it is also an indication how western laws can be subverted, changed by foreign ideologies.
It is a slippery slope.

Have you read about creeping sharia?

Shiranu

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/03/canada-passes-103-motion-islamophobia-170324074557381.html

QuoteThe non-binding motion, which condemns "Islamophobia and all forms of systemic racism and religious discrimination", passed on Thursday among a divided parliament.

It asks a parliamentary committee to launch a study on how the government could address the issue, with recommendations due in mid-November.   

The study should look at how to "develop a whole-of-government approach to reducing or eliminating systemic racism and religious discrimination, including Islamophobia," the motion says. 

Liberal MP, Iqra Khalid introduced the motion, also referred to as M-103, last December, but it gained significance after the January attack on a Quebec mosque that left six Muslim men dead.

"I think that we need to continue to build those bridges amongst Canadians, and this is just one way that we can do this," Khalid said after the vote in parliament.

The motion garnered an online backlash, petitions against it and nationwide protests. According to local media, Khalid has also received death threats after introducing M-103.

Woooow... a non-binding bill asking for a study into combating racism and bigotry following a mosque shooting and attacks on synagogues, as well as rising violence against religious minorities (not just Muslims). How oppressive. Oh, and it was met with death threats. I cant imagine why people might think there is an issue when that happens.

The fact that you are more concerned about this than rising violence against minorities really says where your priorities are. It does beg the question of where you hid your humanity and how you are such a coward, but such is life.

I know you like to think yourself a grumpy old man, but all the grumpy old men I've met at least have half a spine. I think I found a more appropriate avatar for you...

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Or alternatively...

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Shiranu

Quote from: Gilgamesh on March 24, 2017, 02:19:27 PM

Still..

I mean, if you want to live in one of the most corrupt countries in Europe and bellow Saudi Arabia in the "Human Development Index" charts... more power to ya :P.

On an unrelated note, we are ahead of the UK on that chart. Suck it, scrubs!
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

pr126

People should ask why any other ideologies can be discussed, debated, criticized except one, Islam.
What are they hiding?

People have rights. Ideas do not.

Here is an important question.  What was Islam doing in the last 1400 years?

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on March 24, 2017, 11:35:30 PM
People should ask why any other ideologies can be discussed, debated, criticized except one, Islam.
What are they hiding?

People have rights. Ideas do not.

Here is an important question.  What was Islam doing in the last 1400 years?

More particularly, an actual liberal POV was suggested, condemning all bigotry on the basis of religion or ethnicity (or lack of region) and that was voted down in the Canadian Parliament.  Only Sharia law advocates count.  Guess Canadians like to drive using Saudi gasoline.  Better get our your hijab, Canadian girls.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.