Supreme Court Justice Alito: Gays treat conservative Christians ‘as bigots’

Started by Sorginak, March 16, 2017, 01:43:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munch

Quote from: Cavebear on March 18, 2017, 03:53:30 AM
No one ever considers themselves "bigots".  They are convinced they are right and their views are correct.  Then the majority disagrees, they either decide the majority isn't the majority or that the majority needs to "learn the truth".

I watched a Republican Congressman on TV a couple days ago who said that you can't maintain a civilization with "other people's babies".  That was so dumb.  He didn't even realize that he was suggesting eugenics.

Lastly, it amazes me when really conservative people bring out the vaguest arguments in their support.  When facts fail, they suggest social breakdown.  And what it THAT other than "not what they like"?

It works both ways to, when the alt or far left scream about white male privilege, against white guys who probably have gone through life with not a moment of racist or sexist inclination.

Racism exists whatever side of the spectrum people are on.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on March 18, 2017, 09:36:15 AM
Yes, eugenics is coming ... the public isn't ready for it yet.  We used to have that policy in the US, the Germans were copying us.  And it was, and will be ... bipartisan.  National security y'know!

Eugenics IS coming.  I saw on a news scroll that 3rd party DNA combinations are bein allowed somewhere.  I didn't get the details.  The thin line has been crossed somewhere and will spread.  Once crossed, it will become routine,
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on March 19, 2017, 01:40:56 AM
Eugenics IS coming.  I saw on a news scroll that 3rd party DNA combinations are bein allowed somewhere.  I didn't get the details.  The thin line has been crossed somewhere and will spread.  Once crossed, it will become routine,

Correct ... in England they have even combined sheep DNA with human DNA.  They call the result ... voters ;-)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-444436/Now-scientists-create-sheep-thats-15-human.html ... this was 10 years ago, genetic and other kinds of chimeras are now routine.  Since we are "all for privatization" ... corporations and even little Johnny with his chemistry set ... are doing it.  I am looking forward to actual and accidental biological warfare.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on March 19, 2017, 08:35:46 AM
Correct ... in England they have even combined sheep DNA with human DNA.  They call the result ... voters ;-)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-444436/Now-scientists-create-sheep-thats-15-human.html ... this was 10 years ago, genetic and other kinds of chimeras are now routine.  Since we are "all for privatization" ... corporations and even little Johnny with his chemistry set ... are doing it.  I am looking forward to actual and accidental biological warfare.

You are just hopeless sometimes. *sigh*

Baruch

I report facts (when it suites me) ... and you reject facts (because of who is saying them or because they challenge your prejudices)?  So is my old news link ... fake news?  Or did you just have supper at Comet Pizza?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on March 21, 2017, 06:55:19 AM
I report facts (when it suites me) ... and you reject facts (because of who is saying them or because they challenge your prejudices)?  So is my old news link ... fake news?  Or did you just have supper at Comet Pizza?

If you like humor, I will point out that your first use of "suites" made no sense.

But that's not important (except to you).   I don't reject facts.  I have been known to change my mind in the face of them (unlike 90% of other people you know).  When facts oppose my opinion, I consider them seriously, not rejecting them out of hand.

I check sources.  If The Washington Post posts some data from UCLA, I tend to trust it.  If some iffy website reports some news from a Russian source, I check it out double and triple.  And don't much trust it then. 

So you are accusing a dedicated fact-checker of not checking his facts.  LOL!

Name a single specific fact I've mentioned that you think I've gotten wrong. 

Baruch

You just changed the subject, of Svengali Bear.  You were challenging my facts, not I challenging yours.  But they have to be facts, not editorials.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

trdsf

Well, the real quick solution for the christofascists to quit being called bigots is to quit being bigots.

Of course, that's too obvious for them to grasp.  And it requires them to grow the fuck up and take responsibility for their words and actions.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on March 22, 2017, 07:48:35 PM
You just changed the subject, of Svengali Bear.  You were challenging my facts, not I challenging yours.  But they have to be facts, not editorials.

Well, no actually I didn't.  you are just saying that hoping other people will assume you are correct.  I did not change the subject, challenge your facts (there were none offerred in your post), nor did I make an editorial. 

Your continued habit of falsifying the content of others' post is offensive.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on March 24, 2017, 03:27:46 AM
Well, no actually I didn't.  you are just saying that hoping other people will assume you are correct.  I did not change the subject, challenge your facts (there were none offerred in your post), nor did I make an editorial. 

Your continued habit of falsifying the content of others' post is offensive.

If I misunderstand a post .. then I apologize.  But I will misspell ... but consider it a Freudian slip ... I am not a grammar Nazi of course.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Quote from: trdsf on March 24, 2017, 12:14:00 AM
Well, the real quick solution for the christofascists to quit being called bigots is to quit being bigots.
This is exactly the way I see it.  I can allow for people's misunderstanding of themselves.  I've done a lot of that myself over the years,  But when claims about self so clearly contradict behavior of self that it elicits the mocking laughter of others, continuing the contradiction raises denial to the level of the absurd.

Quote from: trdsf on March 24, 2017, 12:14:00 AM
Of course, that's too obvious for them to grasp.  And it requires them to grow the fuck up and take responsibility for their words and actions.
This is the mysterious part.  It's so obvious that one shouldn't have to search to see it.

Cavebear

Quote from: SGOS on March 24, 2017, 08:24:45 AM
This is exactly the way I see it.  I can allow for people's misunderstanding of themselves.  I've done a lot of that myself over the years,  But when claims about self so clearly contradict behavior of self that it elicits the mocking laughter of others, continuing the contradiction raises denial to the level of the absurd.
This is the mysterious part.  It's so obvious that one shouldn't have to search to see it.

I'm going to agree that if you don't want to be called a "bigot", you should probably stop being one.