News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

If you would...

Started by reasonist, March 14, 2017, 10:26:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solomon Zorn

Pete Buttigieg(Boot-i-judge), mayor of South Bend Indiana. The most impeccable public servant I have seen. He was in the running for DNC chair, but dropped out at the last minute, to continue serving South Bend. The only drawback, is that an openly gay man would have about zero chance of getting elected. If anybody could work with both sides, to get things done, though, it would be Pete Buttigieg. Someone you should know.

Seriously, read this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pete_Buttigieg
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

GrinningYMIR

Bloomberg. Would have voted for him in a heartbeat.

Otherwise. I would like a do over of 2016 and all the candidates dying or not being there or something. Single handleslt the worst drop of candidates in my near 22 years of life
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

trdsf

It's outside your 22 years, but 1988 was a pretty ratty year, candidate-wise.  Although Jackson gave the best stump speech I'd ever heard up to that point.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

FaithIsFilth

Bernie comes to mind although he has his flaws and I'm sure there are better choices, but none that I can really think of at the moment, but I heard Hillary wants to run again, so maybe they will find a way to make sure there are no really progressive candidates this time around to make her look bad in comparison. After Obama's recent screwing of the progressives by interfering to make sure Keith Ellison was not elected, they deserve another term of Trump, then 8 years of Cruz and 8 years of the first female president, Ivanka.

Sylar

Quote from: FaithIsFilth on March 15, 2017, 04:44:50 PM
Bernie comes to mind although he has his flaws and I'm sure there are better choices, but none that I can really think of at the moment, but I heard Hillary wants to run again, so maybe they will find a way to make sure there are no really progressive candidates this time around to make her look bad in comparison. After Obama's recent screwing of the progressives by interfering to make sure Keith Ellison was not elected, they deserve another term of Trump, then 8 years of Cruz and 8 years of the first female president, Ivanka.

I do not trust Ellison. He is a convert to Islam, that means he wasn't born with the religion - he chose it out of conviction. That doesn't sound very progressive to me, because Islam is the antithesis of what we stand for.
"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." --Oscar Wilde

Sylar

Clinton should find some nice quiet home in the middle of nowhere, and stay the fuck there till she dies.

She's a proven loser. She couldn't even beat -- wait for it -- Trump LOL.

Keep her out of public picture and bring some new blood into the arena.
"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." --Oscar Wilde

Unbeliever

I'd still vote for Pat Paulsen over anyone else I know...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qn69wP-jD2Y
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Sylar on March 15, 2017, 05:13:45 PM
Clinton should find some nice quiet home in the middle of nowhere, and stay the fuck there till she dies.

She's a proven loser. She couldn't even beat -- wait for it -- Trump LOL.

Keep her out of public picture and bring some new blood into the arena.

Chelsea to the rescue!  Clintons, even more vile than the Kennedy family.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Sylar on March 15, 2017, 12:41:49 PM
Elizabeth Warren.

Another sell out, like Jill Stein.  If you want a woman you can respect ... Rep Tulsi Gabbard, from Hawaii.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

GrinningYMIR

Virtually any super Christian or Muslim should be off the list. Trump and Clinton too.

Resurrect Eisenhower. Or Jefferson
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Baruch

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on March 15, 2017, 06:45:36 PM
Virtually any super Christian or Muslim should be off the list. Trump and Clinton too.

Yes, Zombies have been quite popular for the last 10 years ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Solomon Zorn

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on March 15, 2017, 06:45:36 PM

You do realize, that Eisenhower is the one responsible for both the "one nation under God" addition to the Pledge of Allegiance, and the "In God We Trust" motto on our currency.
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

The Skeletal Atheist

A newt. We'll name it Flippy the Newt, and policy shall be determined by what bowl he eats from. At this point I'm sure this would be seen as a massive improvement both at home and abroad.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Sylar

Quote from: Baruch on March 15, 2017, 06:38:42 PM
Another sell out, like Jill Stein.  If you want a woman you can respect ... Rep Tulsi Gabbard, from Hawaii.

Sellout? How so?

I do not compare the two. Regardless of stances and extracurriculars, one needs to be pragmatic in politics. Stein isn't. She never intended to become president -- a waste of people's money, that's all. Running on third party ticket in two-party system is recipe for failure -- I wouldn't invest a dime in that campaign even if my life depended on it.

Bernie ran with two party system, then endorsed lesser of two evils. Warren endorsed lesser of two evils, too, after Democrat contender emerged. She is politically savvy; it may not be attractive to ideologues, but it would win an election.

Not very familiar with Tulsi Gabbard, so I will look into her. Thanks.

Hydra009