Trumpcare already getting rave reviews

Started by Hydra009, March 20, 2017, 05:32:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

QuoteA Tennessee woman who backs President Donald Trump credits God and the Republican health care bill â€" which hasn’t been voted into law â€" for her family’s dramatically lower insurance costs.

Charla McComic’s son recently lost his job, and his health-insurance premium dropped from $567 per month to $88, which she described as “a blessing from God” and a gift from the new president, reported the Washington Post.

The 52-year-old former first-grade teacher thinks the change is due to tax credits that would be offered under the so-called “Trumpcare” law, if and when it’s approved by Congress and signed into law â€" but the price drop is actually a feature of former President Barack Obama’s Affordable Care Act.
QuoteMcComic, who campaigned for Trump with some relatives by forming a motorcade and driving through their hometown shouting his name, said she’s never trusted a president as much as the real estate developer and former reality TV star.

“We said: ‘Who else would we do this for, besides Trump?’” McComic said. “We agreed on the Lord. We would stand here for the Lord, but that’s about it.”
https://www.rawstory.com/2017/03/trump-supporter-credits-trumpcare-which-hasnt-taken-effect-for-dramatically-lower-health-costs/

Sorginak

People who reference the name of god in anything clearly are not too bright.  Reality escapes them at every corner. 

Baruch

Populism ... give more free stuff to the regular people (not more to the elite people) ... and more war please.

I think we can conclude that populism isn't such a good idea.  We need less war, and more butlers and french maids up at the mansion.  That is what Trump was offering, but I think the RNC and the MIC have changed his mind for him.

Meanwhile ... Congress made Obamacare .. and Congress will make Trumpcare ... if there is one.  The people never look to Congress, just to Clark Kent in the WH ... and never blame Congress, just Lex Luthor in the WH.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Hydra009

Quote from: SGOS on March 20, 2017, 07:49:37 PMRawstory?  I was thinking, "Yeah people are that dumb."  But then I noticed her name, Charla McComic, and now I'm thinking I've been had one more time.
The Rawstory article links to a Washington Post article.  And a bunch of fairly decent news sites have also picked up the story.  Plus, a quick people search does show a Charla McComic, 52 years old and living in Tennessee.  So, I'm not suspecting a fake.  If you've been had, we've both been had.

It's good that you're skeptical, though.  I swear, I've seen some pretty shady links on social media that get a ton of comments before anyone asks if it's legit.  Alleging pretty implausible stuff, too.  This is just a person saying some pretty stupid stuff.  Not all that out of the ordinary.

SGOS

Quote from: Hydra009 on March 20, 2017, 09:05:50 PM
The Rawstory article links to a Washington Post article.
I remember seeing that the Washington Post was referenced, but I thought it was probably just added to the article for the sake of satire.

Quote from: Hydra009 on March 20, 2017, 09:05:50 PM
Plus, a quick people search does show a Charla McComic, 52 years old and living in Tennessee.
Yeah, that one pretty adequately debunks my skepticism.