No, The Unabomber Was Not Crazy

Started by etienne, March 13, 2017, 08:18:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

etienne

The Unabomber was not insane.  And he didnt murder even 1/10,000th of what the real Obomber did. They tried to make him plea insanity to which he at 1st declined, but then eventually had to, otherwise--'lectric chair, burn baby burn.  No, he had a cause, so to speak, a rebel cause:  against high tech military/industrial materialism, which he(and others) figured was destroying the planet.  Well, he has this super hi IQ, 170 or so, he was a math genius and taught in prestigious colleges on both coasts, but he just decided to take it upon himself to save the planet and people and such.

Sooooo, he moves way up in the backwoods in a tiny shack, and figures he gonna blow himself up some bad bad technocrats and professors and capitalists and such who were key figures along the military industrial intellectual or business pipeline.  And he proceeded to do just that, for several years, with an extended hiatus in between so as not to be discovered.

He was what is known as an Anarcho Primitivist, feeling mankind should get back to their wild natural roots and live like hunter gatherers again.  Sort of like a Jeremiah Johnson version of Drumpf, w/o the cotton candy hair and billions--taken us WAAAY the hell back--when humanity was simple and great, and pretty near like apes!  If you asked if he wanted to bomb us back into the Stone Age, the answer would be, 'yes'. 

Oh, small thing.  He had written this Manifesto re his entire outlook on everything and it really a brilliant pc of work that everybody would do well to read.  And he called up a newspaper and said he'd stop the bombing if they published his Manifesto, which they eventually did, so he stopped the bombing.

Well, they finally caught him as per one of his brothers snitched on him and to this day he still sits in prison.  So, the moral of the story is:  he had alot in common with Obomber and Drumpf. 

The end.
The Revolution does not fall like an apple when it is ripe:  you have to MAKE it fall...

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Atheon

... smiling, nodding, backing away slowly, avoiding eye contact... "Oh, is that the time? Sorry, gotta go."
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Mr.Obvious

"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

etienne

"The Unabomber Manifesto" is a brilliant work, and may come to pass.  I highly recommend it.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/national/longterm/unabomber/manifesto.text.htm
The Revolution does not fall like an apple when it is ripe:  you have to MAKE it fall...

Gawdzilla Sama

Bald assertions aside, the man was crazy.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

etienne

GrinningYMIR

"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Gawdzilla Sama

PZ Myers

etienne

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on March 13, 2017, 12:06:26 PM
Your claims lack substantive support.
No they don't.  I have already provided substance and I can provide plenty more.  I am asking YOU what is your claim and what is the basis of it.  So far, you've provided nothing.

Shiranu

Edit: Too harsh.

When you have to start justifying terrorists and dictators, that should probably set off some alarms in your head that you just might be wrong.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: etienne on March 13, 2017, 01:27:09 PM
No they don't.  I have already provided substance and I can provide plenty more.  I am asking YOU what is your claim and what is the basis of it.  So far, you've provided nothing.
You'll reject anything I put up out of hand, so why bother.
PZ Myers

etienne

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on March 13, 2017, 02:00:13 PM
You'll reject anything I put up out of hand, so why bother.
Give it a shot.  I dont think you know anything about the Unabomber's intent, is my guess.

Baruch

Quote from: etienne on March 13, 2017, 10:18:33 PM
Give it a shot.  I dont think you know anything about the Unabomber's intent, is my guess.

But one nut in the woods doesn't amount to much.  His schtick will never be popular enough to matter.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

etienne

Quote from: Baruch on March 14, 2017, 12:25:48 AM
But one nut in the woods doesn't amount to much.  His schtick will never be popular enough to matter.
So, I guess you've not heard of Derrick Jensen?  Or that other guy in Oakland, CA?  Anarcho-Primitivism is a "thing" now, End Civ, and they are coming out of the "woodwork":

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anarcho-primitivism#Books

Ted Kaczynski was a tactical army of one.  It's all a numbers game.