News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Seraphims and Cherubims

Started by etienne, March 13, 2017, 08:03:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: etienne on March 15, 2017, 11:29:52 PM
Obviously all that ever happened cant be recorded, like how many birds in flight at any one time.  Fortunately there are some decent historians that record some decent factual history, as best they can from what archives they can get, or if they were there, etc.  Otherwise, we wouldnt be able to talk about anything.

Without being both complete and accurate (how can we avoid the vagaries of prejudice?) ... it is bullshit.  Propaganda by me, or by the Church, or by the government.  It isn't turtles all the way down, it is bullshit all the way down.  So did you take the Red pill, the Blue pill, or both?  Pretty sure you took the Red pill ;-)

Now finding myself making shit, and thinking, speaking and writing shit, every day ... can't see anything wrong with that.  The bullshit long ago got deeper than my eyebrows.

But I do love a good story.  And I accept it as that, i don't need to prejudice it by calling it what it is.  Why traumatize the toddlers here?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

etienne

Quote from: Baruch on March 15, 2017, 11:34:07 PM
Without being both complete and accurate (how can we avoid the vagaries of prejudice?) ... it is bullshit.  Propaganda by me, or by the Church, or by the government.  It isn't turtles all the way down, it is bullshit all the way down.  So did you take the Red pill, the Blue pill, or both?  Pretty sure you took the Red pill ;-)

Now finding myself making shit, and thinking, speaking and writing shit, every day ... can't see anything wrong with that.  The bullshit long ago got deeper than my eyebrows.

But I do love a good story.  And I accept it as that, i don't need to prejudice it by calling it what it is.  Why traumatize the toddlers here?
OK, dont talk about anything in the past and good luck with that.
The Revolution does not fall like an apple when it is ripe:  you have to MAKE it fall...

Baruch

Quote from: etienne on March 15, 2017, 11:40:38 PM
OK, dont talk about anything in the past and good luck with that.

If it isn't in my memory ... it is lost to me.  And if it is in my memory, I don't trust it.  But with you, you only play Aristotle ... T/F ... you claim knowledge, you claim a magic Greek rationality organ.  Bullshit on that.  Do you know the past?  Thucydides claimed speeches on Pericles that he made up ... he was an admirer of Pericles' dick.  I claim bullshit ... talk about anything you like, I do.  Keep taking the Red pill if that is the one you like.  I am more of a Blue pill guy.  You failed to deal with my actual objections ... too bad ... poser.  Reality is psychology, all the way down, and ape men aren't so sane.

But don't go away ... I like you a lot, even if you are just another flying monkey.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

etienne

Quote from: Baruch on March 16, 2017, 06:36:24 AM
If it isn't in my memory ... it is lost to me.  And if it is in my memory, I don't trust it.  But with you, you only play Aristotle ... T/F ... you claim knowledge, you claim a magic Greek rationality organ.  Bullshit on that.  Do you know the past?  Thucydides claimed speeches on Pericles that he made up ... he was an admirer of Pericles' dick.  I claim bullshit ... talk about anything you like, I do.  Keep taking the Red pill if that is the one you like.  I am more of a Blue pill guy.  You failed to deal with my actual objections ... too bad ... poser.  Reality is psychology, all the way down, and ape men aren't so sane.

But don't go away ... I like you a lot, even if you are just another flying monkey.
Ok, Skippy Spin Doc, stop naming fancy pants names and try to focus here, if I have this 20 ounce Vaughn(best balanced) hammer, and I and the hammer are not in your memory, but we are in your present and immediate future, we are out here in this thing called "the real world", and I take this hammer and wack you up side the head and if you survive, you most likely have a memory of that real thing that just happened and I and the hammer walk away and still exist.  And since you are still shocked, SHOCKED!, I SAY!, I have to sit down and take out my carpenter's pencil and write down that real event on a 2" by 12" cutoff scrap, and that's your f'ing past history, that ends up in the dumpster.

And I call that "compromise." 
The Revolution does not fall like an apple when it is ripe:  you have to MAKE it fall...

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 14, 2017, 08:38:44 PM
I bet it wasn't all that great for the nobles, even, given the lack of decent medical care and the holy inquisition. Many times it was the rich who were targeted, so the inquisitors could steal their wealth.

Yeah The Church grabbed all the money it could.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: etienne on March 16, 2017, 07:45:50 AM
Ok, Skippy Spin Doc, stop naming fancy pants names and try to focus here, if I have this 20 ounce Vaughn(best balanced) hammer, and I and the hammer are not in your memory, but we are in your present and immediate future, we are out here in this thing called "the real world", and I take this hammer and wack you up side the head and if you survive, you most likely have a memory of that real thing that just happened and I and the hammer walk away and still exist.  And since you are still shocked, SHOCKED!, I SAY!, I have to sit down and take out my carpenter's pencil and write down that real event on a 2" by 12" cutoff scrap, and that's your f'ing past history, that ends up in the dumpster.

And I call that "compromise."

See ... you are a Platonist, and Plato is the father of Marxism, not Marx.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

etienne

Quote from: Baruch on March 16, 2017, 12:21:00 PM
See ... you are a Platonist, and Plato is the father of Marxism, not Marx.
When I think Marx, I think Plato's Cave, yeah....

Baruch

Quote from: etienne on March 16, 2017, 07:11:16 PM
When I think Marx, I think Plato's Cave, yeah....

Well then, if Marx was in Plato's Cave, they should have walled it up while he was still in there.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

etienne

Quote from: Baruch on March 16, 2017, 07:20:57 PM
Well then, if Marx was in Plato's Cave, they should have walled it up while he was still in there.
Marx would kill the fascist pig Plato:

QuoteEarly influences that shaped the ideology of fascism have been dated back to ancient Greece....Hitler...emphasizing the common Aryan race connection with ancient Greeks, saying in Mein Kampf... combines millenniums and embraces Hellenism and Germanity together...The Greek philosopher Plato supported many similar political positions to fascism.[17] In The Republic (approx. 380 BC),[18] Plato emphasizes the need for absolute and unlimited authority of a philosopher king in an ideal state...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fascism_and_ideology#Early_influences_.28495_BC_.E2.80.93_1880_AD.29

Keep spinning Dervish Guy.  I see you rarely provide any evidence to support your disinformed verbal twirling.  When you say "Plato is the father of Marxism", you basically lose all credibility on the subject.

Baruch

Quote from: etienne on March 16, 2017, 08:38:27 PM
Marx would kill the fascist pig Plato:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fascism_and_ideology#Early_influences_.28495_BC_.E2.80.93_1880_AD.29

Keep spinning Dervish Guy.  I see you rarely provide any evidence to support your disinformed verbal twirling.  When you say "Plato is the father of Marxism", you basically lose all credibility on the subject.

Like Jesus, I am my own authority.  I speak for myself, for my own revelation ... not as an mouth piece for someone else, like the priests or the teachers of the law.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.