The Least Blind Group Will Win

Started by Xerographica, March 12, 2017, 08:29:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xerographica

The Libertarian Party (LP) has never won. But check this out…

https://www.lp.org/help-choose-theme-for-2018-convention/

Scroll down on that page and you’ll be able to see the actual demand for the different potential themes for their 2018 convention. We can see, in dollar amounts, just how important/relevant/valuable each theme is. We can see more! Being able to see more means being less blind! And whichever group is the least blind will win!

I’m pretty sure that markets work because they allow us to see the demand for things. In markets… people are less blind. The economic decisions they make more accurately reflect the rarity of resources in conditions and circumstances that are complex and constantly changing.

The LP is, in theory, the party that’s most supportive of markets. Now they are even allowing the market to choose the theme for their 2018 convention! If the LP allows the market to guide its biggest decisions then it will be the least blind group by far. And whichever group is the least blind will win!

Does anybody know of any other examples of surveys where voting has been replaced with spending? Do these type of surveys have a technical name?

Gawdzilla Sama

The US has a 2.00001 party system.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

A completely transparent political system would be great!  Where can we get guppies to run for office?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on March 12, 2017, 08:35:03 PM
The US has a 2.00001 party system.

OMC!  The best measurement of I have ever seen of the top 3 parties!
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on March 14, 2017, 02:37:01 AM

OMC!  The best measurement of I have ever seen of the top 3 parties!

The top two parties aren't +1 each, they are -1 each.  Get the sign right!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.