1 in 6 pages of the gop health plan is about lottery winners..

Started by AllPurposeAtheist, March 08, 2017, 01:00:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/03/08/gops-obamacare-replacement-targets-lottery-winners-who-receive-medicaid/?tid=a_inl&utm_term=.2b47f8cb5e06
Evidently you stand a MUCH BETTER chance of winning the lottery if you're receiving medicaid benefits..
Here's my new plan..get on medicaid and spend every dime on lottery tickets.. What could possibly go wrong?
Fucking idiots in the gop..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Solomon Zorn

Give the Republican congress a break: they never actually dreamed they would have the chance to draft a piece of legislation of their own! They were so adept at sabotaging every attempt by the Obama administration, but never actually put forth anything concrete, of their own. Big boy work may be too much for them to handle.
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: Solomon Zorn on March 08, 2017, 01:56:34 PM
Give the Republican congress a break: they never actually dreamed they would have the chance to draft a piece of legislation of their own! They were so adept at sabotaging every attempt by the Obama administration, but never actually put forth anything concrete, of their own. Big boy work may be too much for them to handle.

I'd love to give them a break, a permanent break to go back to their home districts for retirement.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Solomon Zorn

A lot of republicans are against the plan, because it offers tax-credits to the poor. They have no problem with the tax breaks, specifically given to the CEOs of insurance companies.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/03/08/400-million-dollar-tax-break-for-insurance-execs-sparks-outrage.html
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

Baruch

There are no ways to back out once committed (to the insane asylum).  If you claim you are sane, while in the asylum, they know better than to believe you.  If you claim you are insane, they know better than to release you.  Legislation is like 1950s era psychiatry ... lots of electroshock therapy.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

trdsf

I think they definitely never dreamed they'd be in a position to actually do anything about it.  They get so much more mileage out of bitching about the ACA than they ever will out of actually repealing it.  It's like in the early '00s when they held both houses of Congress and Dumbya in the White House: did they do anything about abortion like they swore they would?  No, of course not -- if they did, they couldn't use it in BIG SCARY CAMPAIGN ADS anymore.

Governing is much more difficult than preventing governance from happening.  They can't piss and moan when they hold the executive and have a legislative majority.

Me, I'm making popcorn and settling in to watch the carnage.  They've run all the grownups out of their party so they haven't anyone left who actually knows how to get things done, and I'm going to watch them flail all the way down the toilet.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Shiranu

Don't worry, Hillary would have been just as terrible. Also, this is a Muslim leftist conspiracy. All lives matter. SJW drafted this.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on March 08, 2017, 11:18:03 PM
Don't worry, Hillary would have been just as terrible. Also, this is a Muslim leftist conspiracy. All lives matter. SJW drafted this.

SJW - destroy Western civilization, particularly the Anglo=phone part.  Working for the Comintern since 1917.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/republicans-wave-a-white-flag-on-health-care/2017/03/08/8f9e98f6-0365-11e7-b1e9-a05d3c21f7cf_story.html?utm_term=.107726de9418

Headline says Republicans Wave White Flag on Obamacare, but later in the article it points out that the latest House Bill does eliminate some of Obamacare, but it's hardly a gut.  It's like Obamacare, just not quite as good.  I kept hearing little voices that Republicans wouldn't repeal Obamacare.  And in a way, why should they since it was their plan?  The question is not entirely rhetorical.  Yes, it was their plan, but only something to offer, knowing nobody wanted it, just so they could avoid being accused of offering nothing.  I'm still dumbfounded that Obama grabbed it and ran with it.  Be careful what you ask for.  You might actually get it.  Republicans got what they asked for, and now they don't seem to be sure what to do with it.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on March 09, 2017, 10:10:24 AM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/republicans-wave-a-white-flag-on-health-care/2017/03/08/8f9e98f6-0365-11e7-b1e9-a05d3c21f7cf_story.html?utm_term=.107726de9418

Headline says Republicans Wave White Flag on Obamacare, but later in the article it points out that the latest House Bill does eliminate some of Obamacare, but it's hardly a gut.  It's like Obamacare, just not quite as good.  I kept hearing little voices that Republicans wouldn't repeal Obamacare.  And in a way, why should they since it was their plan?  The question is not entirely rhetorical.  Yes, it was their plan, but only something to offer, knowing nobody wanted it, just so they could avoid being accused of offering nothing.  I'm still dumbfounded that Obama grabbed it and ran with it.  Be careful what you ask for.  You might actually get it.  Republicans got what they asked for, and now they don't seem to be sure what to do with it.

Obama is a Republican ... and Republicans are dried cow patties.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

fencerider

Quote from: Baruch on March 08, 2017, 07:15:39 PM
lots of electroshock therapy
That would definitely create a better health plan than the mess they got goin now.

The GOP health plan is so stupid that Trump is starting to look like the smartest guy in the room.
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Baruch

Quote from: fencerider on March 10, 2017, 12:56:10 AM
That would definitely create a better health plan than the mess they got goin now.

The GOP health plan is so stupid that Trump is starting to look like the smartest guy in the room.

It isn't like Congress got high ratings lately.  A sack of trash is better organized.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

trdsf

Quote from: fencerider on March 10, 2017, 12:56:10 AM
Well, when the competition is Roger "The poor just don't want health care" Marshall (R-KS) (who, horrifyingly, is an MD) and Jason "You could buy health care instead of a new iPhone" Chaffetz (R-UT) (and no, you couldn't), just being a multicellular life form puts you in the running for smartest in the room.

Apparently, the Orange One doesn't want it called 'Trumpcare'.  All the more reason to call it that.  He's going to have to own the damage he does.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Cavebear

Quote from: trdsf on March 10, 2017, 12:53:30 PM
Well, when the competition is Roger "The poor just don't want health care" Marshall (R-KS) (who, horrifyingly, is an MD) and Jason "You could buy health care instead of a new iPhone" Chaffetz (R-UT) (and no, you couldn't), just being a multicellular life form puts you in the running for smartest in the room.

Apparently, the Orange One doesn't want it called 'Trumpcare'.  All the more reason to call it that.  He's going to have to own the damage he does.

Trump has talents.  But he would not be the "Smartest Guy in the Room" of any average bowling league (there is always someone like me there).  Depends on how you define "smart".  He did manage a campaign that won.  But in my high school, a bully got elected Class President too. Doesn't say anything about smarts.

So he can scare smarter people in Congress because he won, he can satisfy disgruntled voters having hard times by promising them things he can't deliver, and he can get the media talking heads into arguing about claims that don't matter. 

That just makes him a demagogue, not a leader.

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Mr.Obvious

I get the feeling there should be someone receiving this legislation and going:

"Wow. That's great. You know what? We're going to put it up, right here, on the fridge. That way, we get to look at it, everyday."
*Ruffles republican's hair dotingly.*
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.