1 in 6 pages of the gop health plan is about lottery winners..

Started by AllPurposeAtheist, March 08, 2017, 01:00:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: trdsf on March 10, 2017, 12:53:30 PM
Well, when the competition is Roger "The poor just don't want health care" Marshall (R-KS) (who, horrifyingly, is an MD) and Jason "You could buy health care instead of a new iPhone" Chaffetz (R-UT) (and no, you couldn't), just being a multicellular life form puts you in the running for smartest in the room.

Apparently, the Orange One doesn't want it called 'Trumpcare'.  All the more reason to call it that.  He's going to have to own the damage he does.

Technically ... it wasn't Obamacare until Obama signed it.  If Trump signs it, then it is Trumpcare.  That is how Congress gets away from the stink they create.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on March 14, 2017, 05:37:30 AM
I get the feeling there should be someone receiving this legislation and going:

"Wow. That's great. You know what? We're going to put it up, right here, on the fridge. That way, we get to look at it, everyday."
*Ruffles republican's hair dotingly.*

Congress proposes, President disposes.  A good President would veto as many things as cross his desk as he/she can.  And properly a bill has to start in the House, though that is a technicality.  The House can propose a turd, then have it mutate under Senate direction during bill reconciliation.  It is easy to propose a new system, just let everyone have the same medical plan that Congress has.

Congressman Ryan is good at laying turds.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on March 14, 2017, 05:37:30 AM
I get the feeling there should be someone receiving this legislation and going:

"Wow. That's great. You know what? We're going to put it up, right here, on the fridge. That way, we get to look at it, everyday."
*Ruffles republican's hair dotingly.*

Yes, there are Republicans thinking TrumpCare is perfect for the elections.  But there are also Republicans who think it goes to far (cuts 24 million people off the healthcare system according to the Congressional Budget Office) and others who think it is too kind (people who should just work harder to earn enough money to afford REAL health care).

As structured, the House bill has no chance in the Senate, but the House members can brag about how "they cut health care costs" and that is all they care about.

My best guess is that the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) will stay intact as is for the next 20 years or until the Democrats get back in power and make it a single payer service.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!