Trump targets US citizen Khizr Khan

Started by Atheon, March 06, 2017, 11:08:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atheon

Gold Star father Khizr Khan, a US citizen, cancels speech in Toronto after organizers report his travel privileges were "under review"

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-live-updates-9th-circuit-arguments-gold-star-father-canceled-speech-in-1488828210-htmlstory.html

This is frightening indeed. He is a US citizen, and as such has full rights to leave and re-enter the US. Punishing political opponents for dissent runs fundamentally counter to the very core of what America is about.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

trdsf

Seems pretty clear to me this is a revenge move.  One hopes that can be documented and added to the other crimes for which Asshole can be impeached.

Who would have ever thought we'd miss the restraint of the Nixon Enemies List?
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Baruch

Anyone, citizen or not, passport and visa or not ... is in danger crossing the US border ... US resident or not.  Border Control, TSA, IRS are all over ex-pats.  So be careful Atheon ... you are presumed guilty until you prove yourself innocent ... an expat is either a drug runner, a tax cheat, or a terrorist.  Or maybe a sex tourist ;-)

TSA just came up with new, more invasive version of the pat-down.  I expect full rectal search to be authorized soon.  I don't plan on traveling.  US government employees are now being told, if you cross the border, don't take a cell phone or other electronics with you.  Buy a cheap cell phone, overseas, then toss it in the trash before you come back.  Use the cloud to access scientific presentations, using a computer in the host country.  They are also demanding access to all your passwords, and all your social media.  I go to Muslim web sites frequently, so I am Public Enemy #1.  It is bipartisan .. don't hurt on Trump if you don't hurt on Obama.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.