Author Topic: If a Christian god exists, why does he pretend to not exist? cont. godditit vs n  (Read 791 times)

Offline Cavebear

One might consider that Shakespeare was a master at creating new phrases. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead

From what I've gathered, God hides from us similar to a mother hiding from its developing fetus or how white light hides from the rainbow. The only part of God we directly interact with is it's field nature....which is perfectly still.

God is the border conditions of the universe. Please forgive the absence at your BBQ.

Offline aitm

god is merely the father figure you no longer have or want to have or have never had. The first tag line of religion is to let god take control, don't worry god has it taken care of,  give your concerns to god....replace god with dad and you have your childhood all over again...unless of course your father was of the particular kind that preferred a more priestly approach....
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

There is no Father without a Mother.

Offline SGOS

God hides from us similar to a mother hiding from its developing fetus or how white light hides from the rainbow. The only part of God we directly interact with is it's field nature....which is perfectly still.  God is the border conditions of the universe.
God always sounds more authentic with a poetic description.

Offline Baruch

God always sounds more authentic with a poetic description.

Poetry is true speech ... prose is simply bad poetry ;-)
שלום

From what I've gathered, God hides from us similar to a mother hiding from its developing fetus or how white light hides from the rainbow. The only part of God we directly interact with is it's field nature....which is perfectly still.

God is the border conditions of the universe. Please forgive the absence at your BBQ.
It is beginning to sound like to me that your god is simply was is.  Nature.  Your god does not seem to think or reason or even create on its own; it is just there and stuff happens within it, well, naturally.  Your god does not seem to plan or even know what its creation is doing or will do.  So, why call it god? 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent,
Is he able but not willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able or willing?
Then why call him god?