If a Christian god exists, why does he pretend to not exist? cont. godditit vs n

Started by fencerider, March 06, 2017, 08:00:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

Quote from: Drew_2017 on March 07, 2017, 11:33:20 PM
There are humans who dress up in funny costumes, paint there faces, yell and scream at football games as if this will help the team win. It does appear they are having fun though.
Life is a lot like football - as long as you have fun, it doesn't matter who wins.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on March 08, 2017, 06:26:27 AM
If you knew, what I knew, that you and I are demigods ... then you would realize G-d isn't hiding at all.
He's hiding up your ass, I guess...
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 08, 2017, 07:19:38 PM
He's hiding up your ass, I guess...

If G-d is proctologist for one ... G-d is proctologist for all.  Bend over and cough please ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 08, 2017, 07:17:57 PM
Life is a lot like football - as long as you have fun, it doesn't matter who wins.
Tell that to people who live in Texas or Alabama!! ;))))
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

trdsf

Quote from: Mike Cl on March 08, 2017, 10:59:18 PM
Tell that to people who live in Texas or Alabama!! ;))))
I was going to say Ohio and Michigan, but yeah.  I mean, I hate football, but I'm annually riveted to the OSU/UofM game.  Now that might be a miracle!
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Mike Cl

Quote from: trdsf on March 08, 2017, 11:19:45 PM
I was going to say Ohio and Michigan, but yeah.  I mean, I hate football, but I'm annually riveted to the OSU/UofM game.  Now that might be a miracle!
Yeah, there are places in the north that echo the south in being fanatical about football.  I love football and always have; but more the pro style.  But I hate what it has become.  In colleges it is the be-all--end-all.  In colleges it should be a game played by students--the players.  In pro ball, the showboating is ruining the game for me.  These are supposed to be pros who should act like it.  Scoring a touchdown is what you are paid for.  I love the way Jimmy Brown did it.  Score a TD and give the ball to the ref; get up and return to the huddle every time you are tackled.  Be a pro--act like it!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

trdsf

Quote from: Mike Cl on March 09, 2017, 11:42:54 AM
Yeah, there are places in the north that echo the south in being fanatical about football.  I love football and always have; but more the pro style.  But I hate what it has become.  In colleges it is the be-all--end-all.  In colleges it should be a game played by students--the players.  In pro ball, the showboating is ruining the game for me.  These are supposed to be pros who should act like it.  Scoring a touchdown is what you are paid for.  I love the way Jimmy Brown did it.  Score a TD and give the ball to the ref; get up and return to the huddle every time you are tackled.  Be a pro--act like it!
The only interest I have in the pro game will occur if (not even going to add 'and when') the Browns ever make the Superbowl.  I don't even really care about the football part of the OSU/UofM rivalry.  It's pretty much strictly about just beating Michigan at every opportunity.  :)

The only sport I watch, believe it or not, is golf.  I appreciate a game where the guy on top of the money list is there because he played, on average, better than everyone else, not because he has a sharp agent to cut him a multi-year deal.  And it is also the only game I can think of where not only are players expected to call fouls on themselves, they actually do.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Mike Cl

Quote from: trdsf on March 09, 2017, 03:32:51 PM
The only interest I have in the pro game will occur if (not even going to add 'and when') the Browns ever make the Superbowl.  I don't even really care about the football part of the OSU/UofM rivalry.  It's pretty much strictly about just beating Michigan at every opportunity.  :)

The only sport I watch, believe it or not, is golf.  I appreciate a game where the guy on top of the money list is there because he played, on average, better than everyone else, not because he has a sharp agent to cut him a multi-year deal.  And it is also the only game I can think of where not only are players expected to call fouls on themselves, they actually do.
I have had a mild interest in golf; played a little when I was younger and enjoyed it.  I find that I'm watching sports less and less.  Not sure why.  But I also find I'm getting into (or staying actually) rpg and strategy games more on the computer.  I also like baseball simulations since I can replay different seasons with different teams.

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on March 09, 2017, 06:44:03 PM
I have had a mild interest in golf; played a little when I was younger and enjoyed it.  I find that I'm watching sports less and less.  Not sure why.  But I also find I'm getting into (or staying actually) rpg and strategy games more on the computer.  I also like baseball simulations since I can replay different seasons with different teams.

I still play strategy games on the computer ... I destroy the Romans any time I can, even if only in cyber-space ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Solomon Zorn

Quote from: trdsf
The only interest I have in the pro game will occur if (not even going to add 'and when') the Browns ever make the Superbowl.
So...never then.

Quote from: trdsfI don't even really care about the football part of the OSU/UofM rivalry.  It's pretty much strictly about just beating Michigan at every opportunity.  :)
Michigan is of the Devil! Go Spartans!

Quote from: trdsfThe only sport I watch, believe it or not, is golf.  I appreciate a game where the guy on top of the money list is there because he played, on average, better than everyone else, not because he has a sharp agent to cut him a multi-year deal.
I enjoy watching golf, on occasion. But I like it, in much the same way that I like watching Texas Hold-Em': both seem to me a nearly equal mix, of skill and chance.

Quote from: trdsfAnd it is also the only game I can think of where not only are players expected to call fouls on themselves, they actually do.
That's true, but it's not like they could avoid a penalty, if they didn't. Someone is always counting their strokes.
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

Hijiri Byakuren

Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Baruch

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on March 09, 2017, 11:16:44 PM
Something something WhyWon'tGodHealAmputees.com.

"missing limb" syndrome happens .... but I don't consider that healing.  I have seen film of amputees getting along without limbs or more ... and I see miraculous healing in that ... something beyond what I could do ... I would probably rather kill myself than continue.  Depends on what you mean by "healing".  The scoffers always demand a miracle, of their choosing ... knowing they aren't going to see it.  Is this to convince other people?  Or just themselves.  You exist, you aren't just random atoms (even if G-d is no watchmaker).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Baruch on March 10, 2017, 06:09:22 AM
"missing limb" syndrome happens .... but I don't consider that healing.  I have seen film of amputees getting along without limbs or more ... and I see miraculous healing in that ... something beyond what I could do ... I would probably rather kill myself than continue.  Depends on what you mean by "healing".  The scoffers always demand a miracle, of their choosing ... knowing they aren't going to see it.  Is this to convince other people?  Or just themselves.  You exist, you aren't just random atoms (even if G-d is no watchmaker).

I see you subscribe to the convenient Bruce Almighty definition of "miracle."
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

doorknob

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on March 10, 2017, 11:15:32 AM
I see you subscribe to the convenient Bruce Almighty definition of "miracle."

Would you describe "American" as male, dark haired, from Krypton, wears spandex, fights bad guys .... neither would I.  Why not?  Definition of words isn't neutral, it is rhetorical at the gut level, no prisoners taken.  If you control the language, you control how people think.  I don't let others make me their verbal bitch.

That and Morgan Freeman is much better at playing G-d, than G-d.  Morgan isn't an asshole.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.