HUD awards $48 M to relocate US's first official climate refugees

Started by PopeyesPappy, March 02, 2017, 04:25:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on March 06, 2017, 06:13:58 PM
what about the key stone pipline through a reservation?
If them Indians don't like it they can just go home!
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on March 06, 2017, 05:21:03 PM
Depends on  how much property they have.

There's only about 440 acres of the island left. That's down from 22,000 acres in 1955. So about 15 acres per family. So $10K per acre for $150K, another $200K for a house and $25K to move them is $375K a family leaving me $25K each in profit. I could have done it for $12 million and still cleared a 6.25% profit of $750K.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Baruch

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on March 06, 2017, 07:14:23 PM
There's only about 440 acres of the island left. That's down from 22,000 acres in 1955. So about 15 acres per family. So $10K per acre for $150K, another $200K for a house and $25K to move them is $375K a family leaving me $25K each in profit. I could have done it for $12 million and still cleared a 6.25% profit of $750K.

More Democrat vote buying.  They should each give them a Trillion Dollar platinum coin and call it a day!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

PopeyesPappy

The contract was awarded to the state of Louisiana. They are the ones that stand to make millions in profit.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Baruch

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on March 06, 2017, 07:48:25 PM
The contract was awarded to the state of Louisiana. They are the ones that stand to make millions in profit.

Republican payoff then.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

fencerider

Typical. As long as republicans have money in they bank to pay somebody off they have no reason to worry about climate change.
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Baruch

Quote from: fencerider on March 11, 2017, 01:28:01 PM
Typical. As long as republicans have money in they bank to pay somebody off they have no reason to worry about climate change.

That is the miracle of the Federal Reserve.  They have handed out 18 billion dollars in fake credits, to all the right people, over the last 9 years.  And those people have used that money to buy politicians on both sides of the Atlantic.  Who you going to call, when you are involuntarily financing your enemies?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Given that they are refugees because their island was sinking into the water, I'm not sure New Orleans is the best place to relocate them.  LOL!  It's almost a cruel joke.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

etienne

We have a YOOGE blizzard coming today.  I amy be stranded.  Can I get HUD to cut me a check?  Just a mil will do, thanks in advance!  ;)
The Revolution does not fall like an apple when it is ripe:  you have to MAKE it fall...

Cavebear

Quote from: etienne on March 14, 2017, 04:37:41 AM
We have a YOOGE blizzard coming today.  I amy be stranded.  Can I get HUD to cut me a check?  Just a mil will do, thanks in advance!  ;)

You know, it is one thing when I joke with other clever atheists who get the jokes and are otherwise intelligent.  You, apparently, are not one of those.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!