Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

I guess that is so.. in the bubble of the university students mind. When that bubble finally pops, they show their true colors, and the world melts around them.

"no.. NO, I CAN'T FORCE MY BELIEFS ON PEOPLE AROUND ME AND EXPECT EVERYONE TO CONFORM TO MY WAY OF THINKING??!!"
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

pr126

He who controls the language, controls the masses.

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on March 05, 2017, 09:46:30 AM
He who controls the language, controls the masses.

"THE BASIC TOOL FOR THE MANIPULATION OF REALITY IS THE MANIPULATION OF WORDS. IF YOU CAN CONTROL THE MEANING OF WORDS, YOU CAN CONTROL THE PEOPLE WHO MUST USE THE WORDS." PHILIP K. DICK

Well, at least Wittgenstein (second version) would agree.  Zen would say ... forget words, they are an obstruction.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Funny how in the very article you posted it says they shouldn't be too worried about following the guidelines because self censoring will just make communication harder.

Golly gee willikers, that sure sounds oppressive and authoritarian and that they have no clue how it can restrict speech, when they explicitly say themselves not to go too far in following the rule out of fear it could be impractical and counter productive.

I love the irony of y'all circle jerking over a notoriously homophobic and slanderous tabloid with a history of law suits against it just because it fits your bias... and then accusing other people of being in a bubble. I wish y'all had a little more self awareness to see the humour in that.

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

College students are the future leaders.  Our present leaders used to be college students.  How did that work out? ;-)

With most college students today (who are politically active) just want a Che Guevara Cuba Libre ... just like Oswald.  Just don't visit Dallas ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

GrinningYMIR

Quote from: Shiranu on March 05, 2017, 11:38:22 AM
Funny how in the very article you posted it says they shouldn't be too worried about following the guidelines because self censoring will just make communication harder.

Golly gee willikers, that sure sounds oppressive and authoritarian and that they have no clue how it can restrict speech, when they explicitly say themselves not to go too far in following the rule out of fear it could be impractical and counter productive.

I love the irony of y'all circle jerking over a notoriously homophobic and slanderous tabloid with a history of law suits against it just because it fits your bias... and then accusing other people of being in a bubble. I wish y'all had a little more self awareness to see the humour in that.

I simply hate PC. My friends and I, male and female , Greet  one another with "sup cunt. Hoes it going asshole. Sup fag". Why? Because it's funny. And because those of us in my friend circle who are trans or gay or lesbian or whatever don't care.

PC makes false special snowflakes. No one is special. Stop fooling yourself into think that the world will bend to your guildlines of treatment.

Note that the last line isn't directed towards you but towards the drastic PC/SJW crowd
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

FaithIsFilth

QuoteAnd it advises alternating the order of the genders when talking about women and men, he or she, mother and father so that neither are given undue importance.
These guys need to learn how to SJW. The words mother and father should both be banned as well because some have two mothers or two fathers, or only one parent. I think some university in the US actually said that mother is offensive to use, but maybe I'm misremembering.

I have a better solution than banning words like mankind and man-made. All human beings should be called he, and woman should be changed to man. Trans should be changed to man. Everyone is referred to as he, and then "male" terms would not be offensive anymore, because we would all be males. Sounds good to me.

Baruch

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on March 05, 2017, 12:13:08 PM
I simply hate PC. My friends and I, male and female , Greet  one another with "sup cunt. Hoes it going asshole. Sup fag". Why? Because it's funny. And because those of us in my friend circle who are trans or gay or lesbian or whatever don't care.

PC makes false special snowflakes. No one is special. Stop fooling yourself into think that the world will bend to your guildlines of treatment.

Note that the last line isn't directed towards you but towards the drastic PC/SJW crowd

Middle class virtue signaling, isn't much.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: FaithIsFilth on March 05, 2017, 02:24:09 PM
These guys need to learn how to SJW. The words mother and father should both be banned as well because some have two mothers or two fathers, or only one parent. I think some university in the US actually said that mother is offensive to use, but maybe I'm misremembering.

I have a better solution than banning words like mankind and man-made. All human beings should be called he, and woman should be changed to man. Trans should be changed to man. Everyone is referred to as he, and then "male" terms would not be offensive anymore, because we would all be males. Sounds good to me.

In most languages, "man" isn't specifically male ... it is generic for human.  "woman" is only used in situations that are exclusively female.  Thus it is OK for women to refer to each other as "guys" in mixed groups.  Just don't do it in the coffee klatch ... the other women will get bitchy on you.  In their group ... you are a "gal".  And it is false appropriation, if us guys, who are male, use "gal" generically, or exclusively in reference to males.  Like a White guy who makes an "Indian" basket, yet tries to sell it as a Native American craft.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Jason78

The Daily Mail isn't exactly a reputable journal of news and current events.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Munch

Quote from: Jason78 on March 09, 2017, 06:48:05 PM
The Daily Mail isn't exactly a reputable journal of news and current events.

thats what me and my brother keep telling our mum. Unfortunately she gets us to buy it for her anyway, claiming its just for the crossword, despite often quoting its articles and stories.

Munch

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on March 05, 2017, 12:13:08 PM

I work in a store and act as customer service, meaning I need to meet and greet every shift. Sometimes, someone will come to me, and I will just be lost at what their gender is, and just second guess it. I think I've only gotten it wrong a few times, like an extremely butch woman who I called sir.

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on March 09, 2017, 07:19:45 PM
I work in a store and act as customer service, meaning I need to meet and greet every shift. Sometimes, someone will come to me, and I will just be lost at what their gender is, and just second guess it. I think I've only gotten it wrong a few times, like an extremely butch woman who I called sir.

Don't complain, you get to meet interesting people.  And you certainly live in an interesting country.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.