News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Democrat Strategy vs. Trump

Started by Sylar, March 01, 2017, 09:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on March 24, 2017, 03:20:56 AM
Not a single thing you posted had ANYTHING to do with what I wrote.  Why do you do that?

I directly quoted your post ... it included ...
"I suspect Trump is contaminated by Russian influence and we simply can't have that."

You are a conspiracy theorist ... of the D-party meme of the moment.  Obama met with the Russians as part of his duties, so have D party members.  Are you calling for their impeachment, or only the current President or R party members?  Inconsistent, and paranoid.  While the clear influence of foreign powers (the horror, clutching my worry beads) is all over ... see Israel or Saudi Arabia.  But you consider those POS as our allies, I suppose?  If they are foreign, then they are opponents (not enemies).  The "Russia Is Evil" meme ... we have seen before.  It was wrong then and wrong now.  They are opponents, same as men playing poker.  But for some people, it is like playing cards in the old West ... if we don't like the hand we are dealt, lets shoot the other guys at the card table, swipe up the kitty, jump on our horse, and vamoose before the Sheriff catches us.   People have been calling for genocide of the Russians, ever since De Tocqueville correctly labeled the US and Russia as hegemons.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on March 24, 2017, 07:41:50 AM
"I suspect Trump is contaminated by Russian influence and we simply can't have that."

You are a conspiracy theorist ... of the D-party meme of the moment.  Obama met with the Russians as part of his duties, so have D party members.  Are you calling for their impeachment, or only the current President or R party members?  Inconsistent, and paranoid.  While the clear influence of foreign powers (the horror, clutching my worry beads) is all over ... see Israel or Saudi Arabia.  But you consider those POS as our allies, I suppose?  If they are foreign, then they are opponents (not enemies).  The "Russia Is Evil" meme ... we have seen before.  It was wrong then and wrong now.  They are opponents, same as men playing poker.  But for some people, it is like playing cards in the old West ... if we don't like the hand we are dealt, lets shoot the other guys at the card table, swipe up the kitty, jump on our horse, and vamoose before the Sheriff catches us.   People have been calling for genocide of the Russians, ever since De Tocqueville correctly labeled the US and Russia as hegemons.

Are you spinning out of control again?  I said I "suspect".  Meaning an idea worth considering.  I have no conclusions about that, just concerns that may or may not be shown accurate,. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

SGOS

Congress votes on 'repeal and replace' today. In spite of the media hype about it being in trouble, I'm betting it passes.

Cavebear

Quote from: SGOS on March 24, 2017, 08:46:44 AM
Congress votes on 'repeal and replace' today. In spite of the media hype about it being in trouble, I'm betting it passes.

I'll bet it is  delayed again.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

AllPurposeAtheist

Personally I doubt that the Rs will impeach Trump. Another thing many people miss is that our law doesn't allow for the prosecution of a sitting president so he can't be put on trial as a sitting president. If he's impeached his lacky from Indiana will most certainly pardon him which also insulates him from prosecution.
Now, if he serves out a full term and is defeated in 2020 he then becomes a private citizen again and CAN BE prosecuted for all kinds of shit..
He might become the first former president to ever go to prison. Just the thought of that gives me a hardon to almost hope he's not impeached.   
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Baruch

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on March 24, 2017, 10:06:37 AM
Personally I doubt that the Rs will impeach Trump. Another thing many people miss is that our law doesn't allow for the prosecution of a sitting president so he can't be put on trial as a sitting president. If he's impeached his lacky from Indiana will most certainly pardon him which also insulates him from prosecution.
Now, if he serves out a full term and is defeated in 2020 he then becomes a private citizen again and CAN BE prosecuted for all kinds of shit..
He might become the first former president to ever go to prison. Just the thought of that gives me a hardon to almost hope he's not impeached.

Arrest all living former Presidents for war crimes ... send to The Hague for trial and punishment.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gilgamesh

Quote from: Baruch on March 24, 2017, 07:41:50 AM

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on March 24, 2017, 08:45:05 AM
Are you spinning out of control again?  I said I "suspect".  Meaning an idea worth considering.  I have no conclusions about that, just concerns that may or may not be shown accurate,.

Dissimulation ... as a D nut ... you probably think that Trump gets signals direct from Putin thru his tooth fillings ;-)  Which day of the week do you worship the D-President, God of the Week?  As bad as any sports fan fanatic ... oh, I did see that thread where the Baseball Klavern met.  You were in attendance ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: Baruch on March 24, 2017, 12:57:47 PM
Arrest all living former Presidents for war crimes ... send to The Hague for trial and punishment.
No, we like war too much as long as it's not in our front yard killing our perfectly manicured lawns and upsetting the bird baths.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

trdsf

Well, the best strategy today for the Dems in the AHCA vote is to just sit there quietly and let the GOP consume itself in recriminations.  Right now 36 GOP reps have declared against, and 22 were enough to stop the bill.  First Asshole tweets to 'pass it or be stuck with Obamacare forever', then he attacks the so-called "Freedom" Caucus for not blindly backing it, then he lets it be known that he doesn't like the AHCA anyway... so I guess it's okay for him to not support what he's demanding his party support.

Paul Ryan is reported to be at the White House, ahead of the vote scheduled for 3:30pm EST, explaining (probably in words of one syllable and maybe with puppets) that the votes aren't there.  And wouldn't it be interesting to be a fly on the wall in that little tete-a-tete.

I'll be over here, making popcorn.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

SGOS

Quote from: trdsf on March 24, 2017, 02:41:00 PM
Right now 36 GOP reps have declared against, and 22 were enough to stop the bill.
I didn't realize that many Rs opposed the bill, so I'm considering dropping my offer to takes odds on its passage.  Although, I do think many of those 36 were just using a negotiating tactic.  Republicans are very good at lining up.  Well, at least when it comes to opposing Democrats.

trdsf

Right now, both The Hill and the New York Times have 42 no/likely no (The Hill has 36 definite 6 likely, the NYT has 33 definite, 9 likely).  The Hill has 33 uncertain to the Times' 46, and 105 yes/likely yes to the Times' 149.  The only way to salvage the vote is not only to re-convince half the noes, but hold all the undecideds.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Solomon Zorn

The bill won't pass. It's not Draconian enough.
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

SGOS

Yep, it was such a lost cause that they didn't even bother to vote.

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: SGOS on March 24, 2017, 05:42:22 PM
Yep, it was such a lost cause that they didn't even bother to vote.

Drump is blaming the Dems for the Republican failure to get this passed despite their control of the house, senate and presidency. He says he is going to wait for the ACA to implode so the Dems will have to come to him to fix it.

That being said that the Dems did admit during the campaign there were problems with the ACA. Most of us know that. The republicans tried but couldn't get their plan through their own party. Know I'd like to know the democrat's plan to fix it. I don't expect them to produce one though. The next time I expect any of the Dems to even talk about fixing the ACA will be in the next election cycle. I don't expect to hear an actual plan then.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.