News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Democrat Strategy vs. Trump

Started by Sylar, March 01, 2017, 09:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: trdsf on March 24, 2017, 02:41:00 PM
Well, the best strategy today for the Dems in the AHCA vote is to just sit there quietly and let the GOP consume itself in recriminations.  Right now 36 GOP reps have declared against, and 22 were enough to stop the bill.  First Asshole tweets to 'pass it or be stuck with Obamacare forever', then he attacks the so-called "Freedom" Caucus for not blindly backing it, then he lets it be known that he doesn't like the AHCA anyway... so I guess it's okay for him to not support what he's demanding his party support.

Paul Ryan is reported to be at the White House, ahead of the vote scheduled for 3:30pm EST, explaining (probably in words of one syllable and maybe with puppets) that the votes aren't there.  And wouldn't it be interesting to be a fly on the wall in that little tete-a-tete.

I'll be over here, making popcorn.

It would be great, being a failure, that Rep Ryan resign from head of the House.  Would love to see his backside ... with switch welts.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on March 24, 2017, 02:51:08 PM
I didn't realize that many Rs opposed the bill, so I'm considering dropping my offer to takes odds on its passage.  Although, I do think many of those 36 were just using a negotiating tactic.  Republicans are very good at lining up.  Well, at least when it comes to opposing Democrats.

You haven't been paying attention.  Republicans like ACA just fine, it was, is, and will remain, a Trojan Horse Republican plan.  This is Kabuki, and you are completely fooled.  I don't know if Trump actually wants to change that, or is simply going along with the Smoke & Mirrors.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: trdsf on March 24, 2017, 03:16:35 PM
Right now, both The Hill and the New York Times have 42 no/likely no (The Hill has 36 definite 6 likely, the NYT has 33 definite, 9 likely).  The Hill has 33 uncertain to the Times' 46, and 105 yes/likely yes to the Times' 149.  The only way to salvage the vote is not only to re-convince half the noes, but hold all the undecideds.

There will be a Peyton Place drama, to entertain the voters, every week.  Stay tuned ... same Bat Shit Time, same Bat Shit Channel.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on March 24, 2017, 06:42:34 PM
Drump is blaming the Dems for the Republican failure to get this passed despite their control of the house, senate and presidency. He says he is going to wait for the ACA to implode so the Dems will have to come to him to fix it.

That being said that the Dems did admit during the campaign there were problems with the ACA. Most of us know that. The republicans tried but couldn't get their plan through their own party. Know I'd like to know the democrat's plan to fix it. I don't expect them to produce one though. The next time I expect any of the Dems to even talk about fixing the ACA will be in the next election cycle. I don't expect to hear an actual plan then.

You didn't nominate Bernie.  Bernie would have beaten Trump.  It is actually all the fault of the Dem primary voters.  But don't expect Single Payer from your psycho party of choice ... that would make Hillary and Barak cry.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Meanwhile ... as your ACA district drops to just one provider, as that provider ups premiums and ups the deductible .. expect to file for bankruptcy ... oh, can't do that, Clinton and Bush Jr got rid of welfare and bankruptcy.  Fools!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Drump is blaming the Dems for the Republican failure to get this passed despite their control of the house, senate and presidency. He says he is going to wait for the ACA to implode so the Dems will have to come to him to fix it.

That being said that the Dems did admit during the campaign there were problems with the ACA. Most of us know that. The republicans tried but couldn't get their plan through their own party. Know I'd like to know the democrat's plan to fix it. I don't expect them to produce one though. The next time I expect any of the Dems to even talk about fixing the ACA will be in the next election cycle. I don't expect to hear an actual plan then.

They will spin it to their constituents as "we tried", and blame the Democrats.  But most of all it will give them the excuse to do what politicians like to do most (nothing), especially if it's the least bit controversial, and not repealing ACA or leaving their fingerprints on it, they can blame Obama for his "curse on the American people" for as long as their supporters cheer when they do.  It should work out well for them.  Do nothing but still get to bitch about liberals.

Sylar

I hope Democrats do not put any plans out. If they fix it, Trump will take credit, so screw that.

Next election cycle it is.
"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." --Oscar Wilde

Solomon Zorn

Quote from: Sylar on March 24, 2017, 09:22:25 PM
I hope Democrats do not put any plans out. If they fix it, Trump will take credit, so screw that.

Next election cycle it is.
Wrong answer. Healthcare is just an "issue," until you need it. The situation has to be remedied. But the Dracorian bill, that the Republicans put on the table, is exactly the opposite of what is needed. The  working poor can't afford to get sick, or they will be in debt for life(assuming anyone will help them). I don't care who tries to take credit for it, but for Christ's sake....
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

Cavebear

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Cavebear

Quote from: Solomon Zorn on March 24, 2017, 10:10:11 PM
Wrong answer. Healthcare is just an "issue," until you need it. The situation has to be remedied. But the Dracorian bill, that the Republicans put on the table, is exactly the opposite of what is needed. The  working poor can't afford to get sick, or they will be in debt for life(assuming anyone will help them). I don't care who tries to take credit for it, but for Christ's sake....

The Republicans are discovering that real votes to pass something are different than votes in protest with no consequences.  Their question now is, can they govern?  The likely answer is that they are so fractured that they can't. 

trdsf

Quote from: Solomon Zorn on March 24, 2017, 10:10:11 PM
Granted, but while the ACA isn't perfect, it is functional.  It got me coverage for the first time in 15 years when it went active.  The alleged horrible premium increases that they wail about?  They affect only 3% of the population.  The ACA is not imploding, collapsing, or 'entering a death spiral', and just holding the line until adults can be put in charge in Washington will be vastly better than trying to work out a replacement under the current regime, whom we know by their own actions are not in the slightest interested in any useful reform whatsoever.

If the GOP has a plan for reining in medical costs, as far as I can see it's to hope that we all die before we're old enough to qualify for Medicaid -- or at least what's left of it by the time they're done raping it.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Cavebear

Quote from: trdsf on March 25, 2017, 12:34:27 AM
Granted, but while the ACA isn't perfect, it is functional.  It got me coverage for the first time in 15 years when it went active.  The alleged horrible premium increases that they wail about?  They affect only 3% of the population.  The ACA is not imploding, collapsing, or 'entering a death spiral', and just holding the line until adults can be put in charge in Washington will be vastly better than trying to work out a replacement under the current regime, whom we know by their own actions are not in the slightest interested in any useful reform whatsoever.

If the GOP has a plan for reining in medical costs, as far as I can see it's to hope that we all die before we're old enough to qualify for Medicaid -- or at least what's left of it by the time they're done raping it.

Yeah, the Republican plan is "If you are poor, its your fault.  Get sick and die.  But only after you stop working for us and as soon as possible, please."

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on March 24, 2017, 11:40:09 PM
The Republicans are discovering that real votes to pass something are different than votes in protest with no consequences.  Their question now is, can they govern?  The likely answer is that they are so fractured that they can't.

This is why the "no confidence vote" that parliamentary systems, is such a good idea, unlike the American system.  When the legislature can clearly not govern (which has gone on for years now) ... we get to run elections again for all incumbents.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on March 25, 2017, 01:19:43 AM
This is why the "no confidence vote" that parliamentary systems, is such a good idea, unlike the American system.  When the legislature can clearly not govern (which has gone on for years now) ... we get to run elections again for all incumbents.

Try convincing a Nebraska farmer that we should adopt the British system of government.    LOL!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on March 25, 2017, 01:50:59 AM
Try convincing a Nebraska farmer that we should adopt the British system of government.    LOL!

Shoot the colonials, until they swear allegiance to King George III.  Also the British have dropped that ancient rule, recently.  Their politicians are getting as evil as ours.  Thanks PM Cameron.  Now they are scheduling regular elections rather than ... have to have one every X years, but if things are buggered up, then call an election immediately.  Also not an election for the PM, you know, for the entire legislature, of which the PM is the head of the majority party (or party coalition).

Americans are stuck on Presidency because of Washington, and he has been dead since 1799.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.