News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

thoughts on Mao Zedong?

Started by Jannabear, March 01, 2017, 03:58:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Depends on if you are a Chinese communist, and if you consider Chang Kai-shek as the alternative.  Both leaders killed millions of their own people, both before, during and after the Japanese-Chinese war.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on March 01, 2017, 06:09:16 PM
Depends on if you are a Chinese communist, and if you consider Chang Kai-shek as the alternative.  Both leaders killed millions of their own people, both before, during and after the Japanese-Chinese war.

A childhood Mao death might have saved the world a LOT of grief... 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on March 02, 2017, 04:54:04 AM

True, but I would say that of every baby.  Just ask the mother who has to birth them.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on March 02, 2017, 07:05:59 AM
True, but I would say that of every baby.  Just ask the mother who has to birth them.

No, some babies became doctors, scientists, and even some politicians who actually did good things.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on March 02, 2017, 07:55:55 AM
No, some babies became doctors, scientists, and even some politicians who actually did good things.

Says you.  The trauma of one mother's labor isn't worth the whole of the human race.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on March 02, 2017, 01:09:26 PM
Says you.  The trauma of one mother's labor isn't worth the whole of the human race.

Definite road to extinction.

Shiranu

Quote from: Baruch on March 02, 2017, 01:09:26 PM

Many mother's disagree with you.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Cavebear

Quote from: Shiranu on March 05, 2017, 02:16:55 AM
Many mother's disagree with you.

The Mother's labor
Brings forth some who will repeat
The cycle of life...

trdsf

Quote from: Cavebear on March 02, 2017, 04:54:04 AM
There are a lot of world leaders about whom you could make that charge, past and current.  Mao is hardly unique, even among totalitarians.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Shiranu

Quote from: trdsf on March 05, 2017, 06:36:35 PM
There are a lot of world leaders about whom you could make that charge, past and current.  Mao is hardly unique, even among totalitarians.

Unique in scale, not in action.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

aitm

There is thought that the nazi's torturing methodology led to many beneficial medical breakthroughs. This is open to great argument, but ask yourself truthfully...should your little one lay dying and the method to save was produced by brutal...brutal methods....... Spock?
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Atheon

Because of Mao, the Internet is censored in China. At least Taiwan has totally uncensored Internet.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Baruch

Quote from: Atheon on March 06, 2017, 10:06:49 AM
Because of Mao, the Internet is censored in China. At least Taiwan has totally uncensored Internet.

And I hope that continues.  It is clearly the intent of Henry Kissinger and the other tupper-ware sleeping zombies ... that the US should become like mainland China.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

etienne

Mao was, IMO, the most profound and influential human being in the history of civilization.  He took Marxism and DIDDIT on a yooge scale!  Good vid, thanks for posting it, Jason Unruhe vids re Mao are better.

(p.s., I wipe my ass with Foxaganda)
The Revolution does not fall like an apple when it is ripe:  you have to MAKE it fall...