Author Topic: thoughts on Mao Zedong?  (Read 605 times)

Offline Jannabear (OP)

thoughts on Mao Zedong?
« on: March 01, 2017, 03:58:42 PM »
I saw this from demsoc01

Offline Baruch

Re: thoughts on Mao Zedong?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 06:09:16 PM »
Depends on if you are a Chinese communist, and if you consider Chang Kai-shek as the alternative.  Both leaders killed millions of their own people, both before, during and after the Japanese-Chinese war.
שלום

Offline Cavebear

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 04:54:04 AM »
Depends on if you are a Chinese communist, and if you consider Chang Kai-shek as the alternative.  Both leaders killed millions of their own people, both before, during and after the Japanese-Chinese war.

A childhood Mao death might have saved the world a LOT of grief... 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead

Offline Baruch

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2017, 07:05:59 AM »

True, but I would say that of every baby.  Just ask the mother who has to birth them.
שלום

Offline Cavebear

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2017, 07:55:55 AM »
True, but I would say that of every baby.  Just ask the mother who has to birth them.

No, some babies became doctors, scientists, and even some politicians who actually did good things.

Offline Baruch

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2017, 01:09:26 PM »
No, some babies became doctors, scientists, and even some politicians who actually did good things.

Says you.  The trauma of one mother's labor isn't worth the whole of the human race.
שלום

Offline Cavebear

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2017, 01:59:31 AM »
Says you.  The trauma of one mother's labor isn't worth the whole of the human race.

Definite road to extinction.

Offline Shiranu

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2017, 02:16:55 AM »

Many mother's disagree with you.
"I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

"There are not two sides to bigotry and there are not two sides to hatred." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Offline Cavebear

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2017, 04:10:47 PM »
Many mother's disagree with you.

The Mother's labor
Brings forth some who will repeat
The cycle of life...

Offline trdsf

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2017, 06:36:35 PM »
There are a lot of world leaders about whom you could make that charge, past and current.  Mao is hardly unique, even among totalitarians.
"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning." -- Calvin and Hobbes
"I thought I committed regicide today, but I committed deicide!" -- Sadie Doyle, Beyond Belief

Offline Shiranu

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2017, 09:23:51 PM »
There are a lot of world leaders about whom you could make that charge, past and current.  Mao is hardly unique, even among totalitarians.

Unique in scale, not in action.
"I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

"There are not two sides to bigotry and there are not two sides to hatred." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Offline aitm

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2017, 09:37:14 PM »
There is thought that the nazi's torturing methodology led to many beneficial medical breakthroughs. This is open to great argument, but ask yourself truthfully...should your little one lay dying and the method to save was produced by brutal...brutal methods....... Spock?
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Offline Atheon

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2017, 10:06:49 AM »
Because of Mao, the Internet is censored in China. At least Taiwan has totally uncensored Internet.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Offline Baruch

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2017, 12:24:14 PM »
Because of Mao, the Internet is censored in China. At least Taiwan has totally uncensored Internet.

And I hope that continues.  It is clearly the intent of Henry Kissinger and the other tupper-ware sleeping zombies ... that the US should become like mainland China.
שלום

Offline etienne

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2017, 09:04:46 AM »
Mao was, IMO, the most profound and influential human being in the history of civilization.  He took Marxism and DIDDIT on a yooge scale!  Good vid, thanks for posting it, Jason Unruhe vids re Mao are better.

(p.s., I wipe my ass with Foxaganda)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 09:22:48 AM by etienne »
The Revolution does not fall like an apple when it is ripe:  you have to MAKE it fall...