News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Can Trump unite the U.S. ???

Started by fencerider, February 28, 2017, 07:03:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

Perhaps we should go to the Council of Elders type of system where only the old and completely out of touch get to make decisions. Oh wait..that's the SCOTUS with a few young guys in there to throw us off..
Yes, we need old tymey religion when men were men and we tossed virgins in volcanoes once in awhile or maybe human sacrifice where we rip the hearts out of live people with stone tools and burn them on the alter and offer up the smoking hearts to the gods..  Yesiree! I likey!
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: Cavebear on March 24, 2017, 09:17:29 AM
I'm not sure Trump even knows the concept "atheist or theist", not being so thoughtful as to even understand the difference, but I think his advisors do.  And THEY are rabid theists (never mind that they break all their own rules).
What Trump probably understands is how religion is an easy way to control people. Atheism not so much. AND STOP USING THE WORD, THEIST. It almost sounds like they know what they're talking about. Don't believe it?  Go ask your average bible thumper if he or she is a theist. They'll almost certainly give you a really dumb look and deny knowing what it means.

Cavebear

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on March 24, 2017, 09:27:30 AM
What Trump probably understands is how religion is an easy way to control people. Atheism not so much. AND STOP USING THE WORD, THEIST. It almost sounds like they know what they're talking about. Don't believe it?  Go ask your average bible thumper if he or she is a theist. They'll almost certainly give you a really dumb look and deny knowing what it means.

I will use the term "theist" just as I use the term "atheist".  Those represent the opposing views of reality.  I'm trusting that I'm not not talking to stupid people here.

Do you want to debate the difference between the terms "theism" and "religion"?

Cavebear
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: Cavebear on March 24, 2017, 09:53:38 AM
I will use the term "theist" just as I use the term "atheist".  Those represent the opposing views of reality.  I'm trusting that I'm not not talking to stupid people here.

Do you want to debate the difference between the terms "theism" and "religion"?

Cavebear
Chill out. Of course you can use whatever word you want to describe 'them people'. Hell, call them used toilet paper cardboard tubes if you want and I won't object. 

Baruch

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on March 24, 2017, 09:10:42 AM
Funny you mention Mao tactics. One of his tactics was to cull 10% of the population every year, in order words, murder them. Now I doubt he ever reached the threshold of killing 100 MILLION people year after year, but they killed A LOT of Chinese citizens to keep the Communist party in power.
Strange enough I have a feeling Trump and his minions would be fine doing the same thing if they thought they could get away with it and guess which group would immediately be on one of their shit lists.. Atheists..

Both parties would cull .. if they could.  They may yet succeed.  With the MSM in the cheering section.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on March 24, 2017, 10:31:46 AM
Chill out. Of course you can use whatever word you want to describe 'them people'. Hell, call them used toilet paper cardboard tubes if you want and I won't object.

Don't get too Allmighty here.  You specifically used the phrase "AND STOP USING THE WORD, THEIST".  The caps were even your own.

I gave a reason why I do.

Now you say you don't object to whatever phrase I choose.  But you DID.  So what is it?  Having a bad day?

AllPurposeAtheist

How migh and hidey of you cavey my boy. You're allowed to use whatever words you want at any time you like and it won't make you one iota smarter. Try a sense of humor someday and when your face cracks open from smiling you can go sign up for Paul Ryans health care bill to repair the damage. 

Cavebear

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on March 31, 2017, 09:31:03 PM
How migh and hidey of you cavey my boy. You're allowed to use whatever words you want at any time you like and it won't make you one iota smarter. Try a sense of humor someday and when your face cracks open from smiling you can go sign up for Paul Ryans health care bill to repair the damage.

Let's consider your post.  First, using "cavey my boy" is poor form. I'm not "cavey" to you, or anyone actually.  Its just a technical point.  Mostly just an example of an insulting approach on your part.

I AM allowed to use (mostly) whatever words I wish, but precise words DO make my posts more meaningful. I'm very careful about words. 

Totally correct that words don't make one smarter.  But smarter people DO use words carefully.

Did you notice that Paul Ryan's and Donald Trump's "repeal and replace" the ACA bill went down in flames?  There are reasons.  As an atheist and presumed rational, I am surprised you are against the ACA.  But that is your choice. 

Even intelligent people make bad choices.