News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Can Trump unite the U.S. ???

Started by fencerider, February 28, 2017, 07:03:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on March 05, 2017, 04:19:02 PM
I wonder if most people are even considering that Trump is sleeping in the Lincoln Bedroom and thinks it is a below-par accommodation...

Actually Lincoln participated in vivid dreams just before he was assassinated.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: trdsf on March 05, 2017, 06:26:58 PM
I hadn't even considered the fact that Asshole might be sleeping in the Lincoln bedroom.  Now, contemplating that makes me nauseous.

I felt the same way about Obama.  Lincoln actually said, no "n word" could be considered the equal of an "w word".  But he was just not choosing to channel Karl Marx, unlike our modern SJWs.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Quote from: Cavebear on March 05, 2017, 04:19:02 PM
I wonder if most people are even considering that Trump is sleeping in the Lincoln Bedroom and thinks it is a below-par accommodation...
Yeah, the place must be a real dump by his standards.  No wonder he wants to govern from his penthouse.  He could do it too, Sara Palin set that precedent when she governed Alaska.  Just imagine.  World leaders calling the shots from their kitchen while they put together a casserole for dinner.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on March 06, 2017, 08:55:24 AM
Yeah, the place must be a real dump by his standards.  No wonder he wants to govern from his penthouse.  He could do it too, Sara Palin set that precedent when she governed Alaska.  Just imagine.  World leaders calling the shots from their kitchen while they put together a casserole for dinner.

Margaret Thatcher claimed to do that, from the kitchen of #10 Downing Street.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

trdsf

Quote from: SGOS on March 06, 2017, 08:55:24 AM
Wonder how long it's going to be before he has everything gilded.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on March 05, 2017, 08:09:57 AM
It is complicated.  Sometimes we post to the last post, sometimes to the OP, sometimes because of voices talking in our heads ;-)

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

That was actually Dick Cheney on the phone to W ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

fencerider

would you like to trade wacky Trump for Darth Cheney?
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Baruch

Quote from: fencerider on March 11, 2017, 12:54:11 PM

Excellent question.  There are no intelligent life forms in the US ... including Hillary.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

I'm thinking about that option.  Is "talented and sick" better than "nuts and screwy"?
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

trdsf

Hm... Trump claimed he could shoot a guy and get off scot-free.

Cheney actually did shoot a guy and got off scot-free.  And his victim apologized to him.

Now that's some mad skills, evil-wise.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Cavebear

Quote from: trdsf on March 14, 2017, 03:18:59 PM
Hm... Trump claimed he could shoot a guy and get off scot-free.

Cheney actually did shoot a guy and got off scot-free.  And his victim apologized to him.

Now that's some mad skills, evil-wise.

Given a choice between the Star Wars emporer (Cheney) and and some Stormtrooper General (Trump) I would choose pretty much anyone else.  As sick as this sounds, could we have Bush back?

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on March 18, 2017, 04:21:17 AM
Given a choice between the Star Wars emporer (Cheney) and and some Stormtrooper General (Trump) I would choose pretty much anyone else.  As sick as this sounds, could we have Bush back?

I voted for Reagan, in spite of Bush.  And subsequently have never voted for any of the Bush crime family.  I am not always wrong in how I un-vote.  Who I do vote for is another issue ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on March 18, 2017, 09:31:22 AM
I voted for Reagan, in spite of Bush.  And subsequently have never voted for any of the Bush crime family.  I am not always wrong in how I un-vote.  Who I do vote for is another issue ;-)

Actually, looking back at my post, I might have gotten the names reversed.  But does it matter much?  Cheney/Trump, Trump/Cheney, no BFD...  Each wants to be Emperor...