News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Can Trump unite the U.S. ???

Started by fencerider, February 28, 2017, 07:03:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fencerider

During the campaign Trump said he would unite the people of the U.S.. Now that he has chosen some of the worst people possible for cabinet positions, it's clear that he has no desire to unite anyone.

At the same time Donald Trump is addicted to popularity. It really bugs him that less than 50% of the people like him. He is motivated to do anything he can to get 100% of the people to like him.

Is his ideology or desire for popularity going to win out?
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Sorginak

That is the Republican way.

"Let's make America great again" is only in reference to the rich, not to everyone who is American.

He does not have it in him to make the population like him.  Besides, he will learn that being president is not akin to television show ratings.

He left that stage and entered an entirely different field of which is he completely clueless.

Unbeliever

They don't want to unite the U.S. - they've got us sufficiently divided, now it's time for them to go to the conquering phase.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Cavebear

"Can Trump unite the US?"  Like Lee did The North...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on March 02, 2017, 05:06:42 AM
"Can Trump unite the US?"  Like Lee did The North...

The North wasn't as united as you think.  Draft riots, Copperheads, suspension of Habeus Corpus by Lincoln.  The North was already united, before 1861, in hating Southerners, and being all self-righteous New England turkeys.  The South wasn't very united either ... most thought that Jefferson Davis was running a dictatorship, and hoped that tyranny in Richmond would end after the war.  A lot of Southerners were draft dodgers too.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Quote from: fencerider on February 28, 2017, 07:03:03 PM
During the campaign Trump said he would unite the people of the U.S..
There is no reason or advantage for any politician to achieve such political harmony.  "Unite the people" is code for "everyone should think like me."

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on March 02, 2017, 07:04:28 AM
The North wasn't as united as you think.  Draft riots, Copperheads, suspension of Habeus Corpus by Lincoln.  The North was already united, before 1861, in hating Southerners, and being all self-righteous New England turkeys.  The South wasn't very united either ... most thought that Jefferson Davis was running a dictatorship, and hoped that tyranny in Richmond would end after the war.  A lot of Southerners were draft dodgers too.

That was my point.  Even the opposition and threat of Lee invading the North twice wasn't sufficient to unite the North.  But they managed to win anyway."Draft riots, Copperheads, suspension of Habeus Corpus by Lincoln" couldn't stop it.  They had a rational government structure and the South did not.  And railroads.

The South had good Generals and dedicated soldiers, but they all thought in terms of their beliefs.  So they lost.

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Yes, railroads and industry in the North were important.  That and the British Empire didn't invade the US from Canada, as they were tempted to do.

The North barely won.  Like Churchill later said about US foreign policy ... we try everything possible that doesn't work, first.  The North did that also.  Churchill admired Lee, hated Grant.  I still like Grant, over McClellan.  Grant understood war isn't chess, it is a bar room brawl.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Yeah, Chump can unite the U.S. with the new Soviet Union when it arrives...just think, it'll be the U.S. & S.U.!
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

PopeyesPappy

More like the SUUS. Pronounced sux.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 02, 2017, 04:22:05 PM
Yeah, Chump can unite the U.S. with the new Soviet Union when it arrives...just think, it'll be the U.S. & S.U.!

We were already the USSA under the Democrats.  Weren't you paying attention since George McGovern?  And what do you have against totalitarianism, or Russians or communists.  We already have that in the US ... are you bigoted against foreigners?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

trdsf

At the rate he's going, yes, he will unite the country.

Against him.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Atheon

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Baruch

Quote from: trdsf on March 03, 2017, 12:38:35 PM
At the rate he's going, yes, he will unite the country.

Against him.

Better an anti-leader than no leader at all.  And yes, that would go farther in turning the public against the White House ... though I give Bill Clinton, George W and Barak a gold star for trying (to alienate everyone).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

aitm

If he uses Mao's technique's ....probably
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust