$54 Billion increase in defense spending

Started by PopeyesPappy, February 27, 2017, 01:50:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PopeyesPappy

That's what president Rump plans to propose to congress. The DoD increase would be paid for by cuts in other Departments. My guess is the majority from Health and Human Services, Environmental Protection Agency, Education and NASA.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

PopeyesPappy

Yes I expect them to go after medicaid hard. That's why I listed Health and Human services first.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Hydra009

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on February 27, 2017, 01:50:29 PM
That's what president Rump plans to propose to congress. The DoD increase would be paid for by cuts in other Departments. My guess is the majority from Health and Human Services, Environmental Protection Agency, Education and NASA.
Yeah.  Gotta love Republican priorities.  And they wonder why they have a bad reputation.

Baruch

If they can make all the guns and ammunition in China, it will all go to China.  The Chinese are adept at buying our politicians, since Henry Kissinger.  Economy will be the excuse as always, to not buy American.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

fencerider

The dude clearly doesn't like the founders; I guess he's a renegade not a true Conservative. The founders were adamantly opposed to a standing army. The federalist papers say that the army is supposed to be disbanded whenever possible. Congress is supposed to review the threats to the U.S. at most every 2 years and if there appear to be none send the army home. The Constitution itself says that no state can have active duty national guard unless they have been called into service.

On the other hand every state is required to have reserve national guard trained to the standard created by Congress. (minute-men: means the same thing now as it did then) There is no maximum number of hours for training. If Trump wants to finance the states training 40 hrs/wk that would be an end-run around the Constitution.

So we have an old white dude in the white house that lived through the child-abuse called the Red Scare. Paranoia is part of his psychie. No amount of military spending will make him feel safe.
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Baruch

The British, thru the creation of the Federal Reserve, by the Bank of England in 1913, re-aquired the US.  We have been "Abuses last seen mentioned in Declaration of Independence" ever since.  Almost nobody alive can remember when the US wasn't a bitch of England.  And just as 1984 authoritarian.  One wag says, that the budget increase will simply allow them to dump more used military equipment on the local police department.  Don't pay your parking ticket?  An Abrams will come squash your car for you ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Sorginak

The news already made mention of what he is cutting.

The country becomes better when a Democrat is in the House and the country becomes worse when a Republican is in the House, yet when are these really stupid Americans going to realize that waffling back and forth is not helping us out at all?

Baruch

R or D ... is a drunken daddy who beats the wife (voter) in front of the children.  I have no more sympathy for them, I gave at the office, years ago.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Yeah, there's no consistency in our politics. I'm surprised any of our allies will make any deals with us, since they can just be undone by the next administration.

Chump wants to increase the military budget, and reduce the diplomatic budget. That can't be a good sign...
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Hydra009

Quote from: Sorginak on February 28, 2017, 05:00:24 PM
The news already made mention of what he is cutting.

The country becomes better when a Democrat is in the House and the country becomes worse when a Republican is in the House, yet when are these really stupid Americans going to realize that waffling back and forth is not helping us out at all?
The people who swing back and forth typically not the most well-informed citizens.  And having decent policies seems to be more and more disconnected from election results.

fencerider

Quote from: Baruch on February 28, 2017, 07:01:10 AM
The British, thru the creation of the Federal Reserve, by the Bank of England in 1913, re-aquired the US.  We have been "Abuses last seen mentioned in Declaration of Independence" ever since.  Almost nobody alive can remember when the US wasn't a bitch of England.
Interesting. Always knew there was something not right about the Fed. I read a book explaining the setup and found out it was worse than I knew; and completely controlled by the old banks, but I didn't know that the Bank of England was the bank. ( I suppose you wouldnt know anything changing status to a non-combatant? just one of those things I heard related to the creation of the Fed)

What does the Fed have to do with increase in the military budget? Do they get a cut off military spending?
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 28, 2017, 07:43:54 PM
Yeah, there's no consistency in our politics. I'm surprised any of our allies will make any deals with us, since they can just be undone by the next administration.

Chump wants to increase the military budget, and reduce the diplomatic budget. That can't be a good sign...

Being fickle worked great for the Roman Republic.  War or peace, based on which side of the bed the Senators got up on that morning.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: fencerider on February 28, 2017, 10:31:11 PM
Interesting. Always knew there was something not right about the Fed. I read a book explaining the setup and found out it was worse than I knew; and completely controlled by the old banks, but I didn't know that the Bank of England was the bank. ( I suppose you wouldnt know anything changing status to a non-combatant? just one of those things I heard related to the creation of the Fed)

What does the Fed have to do with increase in the military budget? Do they get a cut off military spending?

US political-economics (they can't be separated) is a big machine with many moving parts.  The Federal Reserve is the grease that keeps the gears from clashing and seizing up.  Just like a gear box though, too much lubricant is bad too, not just too little.  The Fed gets a cut off of most spending, since so much of it is deficit spending.  The Fed doesn't get a cut off of tax revenues.  Per the 2008/2009 debacle, the German bank and the Bank of England get cuts too (they act in concert with the Fed).  The US dollar is the engine for all economic growth since WW II (outside of US enemies like the Soviet Union and Red China of course).  Economic warfare is a critical ingredient in any strategy, so the Fed underlies most of what the DoD does.  The CIA prefers drug dealing, since they can keep the amounts off the books, in the Black Budget.  Technically in modern times, the Fed is a non-profit, because they are supposed to feed profits back to the Treasury.  But the non-profit benefits are tremendous, for the banks that participate (NY Fed being the king).  The great proponent of the Fed was J P Morgan ;-(  And a great opponent of the Fed was Charles Lindberg Sr (the father of the aviator).  Lindy's daddy was boss.

So are you wanting to drop out of the political economy, or just avoid being drafted when WW III starts?

The Fed was created in 1913 ... because the Bank of England (Rothschild connection) knew that WW I was coming shortly, and that the British Empire would need lots of liquidity.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Budgeting is easy for Republicans.  50% for military, 50% for tax cuts, and 25% for more tax cuts.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!