Christianity is a religion for pussies

Started by Snowblo, February 27, 2017, 06:13:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SatanicJesus

Quote from: Snowblo on February 27, 2017, 06:13:26 AM
Honestly its the most cowardly religion to ever exist. Which is ironic because the new testament is also anti cowardice, but the idea of "dont insult if one person insults you" yeah you wish.

Haha, I think this subject line should be retitled to "religion is for pussies"; not just Christianity.

Baruch

Quote from: SatanicJesus on March 10, 2017, 02:14:09 AM
I found a neat youtube documentary on how Christianity was invented in Rome. From what I gather it stemmed from a Roman aristocratic family named like Flaavius and it was something to help control lower class people in a hugely growing Rome.

Been there, done that (saw video too).  Have you read Freke & Gandy?  I find actual ancient people as they really were, not as we mythologize them, to be fascinating.  But I find continuity with the past, not discontinuity.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

SatanicJesus

Quote from: Baruch on March 10, 2017, 05:55:49 AM
Been there, done that (saw video too).  Have you read Freke & Gandy?  I find actual ancient people as they really were, not as we mythologize them, to be fascinating.  But I find continuity with the past, not discontinuity.

I agree!

Sorginak

Christianity is part of the Judeo-Christian trinity.  I hardly think it is a religion for pussies when it has done as much damage to humanity as Islam does. 

Cavebear

Quote from: Sorginak on March 10, 2017, 09:29:57 PM
Christianity is part of the Judeo-Christian trinity.  I hardly think it is a religion for pussies when it has done as much damage to humanity as Islam does.

Just have to ask how 1 part of a 2-part idea could be part of a trinity. LMAO!
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!