News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Hello

Started by Awakepuddle, February 26, 2017, 09:10:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Awakepuddle

Nice to join the forum
While raised Hindu I've been Anthiest as long as I can remember.
I try to be open minded (hate the term skeptical as it sounds so negative ) but rational about most things in my life
I have a strong scientific background and am intimately acquainted with both bench and clinical research.y career is in medicine so that's my reference

I have a set a values that I try to live by and would define them as morality, my opinions at times do differ from the mainstream secular values by I feel very comfortable for my conclusions and how I reached them.
I look forward to cordially and respectfully (ha it's the internet heres hoping) interacting with you all in the future.  :beachbooze: :beachbooze:

Sorginak

Welcome to the forum.  :)

Mr.Obvious

Welcome to our little band of heathens.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Solomon Zorn

I like your style, and tone. Welcome to the forum.

I would be interested in hearing more about you.
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

Baruch

Welcome and Nemaste
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

trdsf

You get a like just for the Douglas Adams reference in your name.  Welcome!  And please don't evaporate.  :)
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Ro3bert

Gawdzilla Sama

Don't hate the term "skeptical", it's been hated-on by idiots and wooistas, but it hasn't lost its meaning. Anyone who reacts strongly to the mere word has issues anyway.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Awakepuddle

Thanks for the welcome and getting the reference.
I don't hate or react to the word but words have usages and connotations
They are symbols and skeptical can mean to doubt. Flat earthers are skeptical of globes
(Apparently even when they fly on an airplane!) but I wouldn't consider that position rational.
Just my pungent and acrid (2 scents!!  I'll show my self out)