Main Menu

Bill Paxton Dies at 61

Started by SGOS, February 26, 2017, 12:24:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PopeyesPappy

Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: SGOS on February 27, 2017, 02:37:10 AM
He's been in a lot of movies, including a lot of TV.  You may not recognize him, but it would be unusual to say the least if you have never seen him.

Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Cavebear

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Solomon Zorn

I have to be a little redundant, and recommend this movie again. Paxton stars and directs.

Wikipedia:
QuoteFrailty is a 2001 American psychological thriller film, directed by and starring Bill Paxton, and co-starring Matthew McConaughey. It marks Paxton's directorial debut. The plot focuses on the strange relationship between two young boys and their fanatically religious father, who believes that he has been commanded by God to kill demons disguised as people.

Full movie on YouTube(The freeze-frame, that shows on this page, is from some other movie):
https://www.youtube.com/embed/yz9GaXV357Q

Bookmark the movie, and watch it soon, as it may not be up for long.
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

SGOS

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 28, 2017, 07:49:06 PM
I loved his movie, A Simple Plan,
That's an excellent movie that you don't hear people talk about much.  I started thinking it was one of those sleepers that only I was aware of.  If you want to commit a crime with your friends, make sure they are not idiots and imbeciles.  Otherwise, find some other stupid thing to do with your pointless life. 

This is a great movie if you like to tear out your hair and scream at the characters.  You desperately want to stop them from doing stupid things, but it's a movie, and you can't.  I've seen a few other movies that invite the same emotional frustration in me, but none as intense as A Simple Plan.  Somewhere in the movie, I'm always wishing the movie would be over so I could end my suffering, but I keep watching hoping a flicker of human intelligence will show up, and make things right.

Baruch

That is how I felt as a kid, watching episodes of Gilligan's Island ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: SGOS on March 03, 2017, 06:17:10 AM
If you want to commit a crime with your friends, make sure they are not idiots and imbeciles.

It's hard to find anyone who's not an idiot or an imbecile.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 03, 2017, 06:55:04 PM
It's hard to find anyone who's not an idiot or an imbecile.

The bad guys might spare the biggest fool, for entertainment value, so there is that.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on March 02, 2017, 11:51:34 AM
It's from "Aliens".

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000200/

Ripley is the only character from 'Alien' etc I care about.  Well, Jonsie because I like cats and Newt because she SHOULD have survived  But they died.  But I understand about Newt because she would have been a drag on Ripley.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!