News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Bill Paxton Dies at 61

Started by SGOS, February 26, 2017, 12:24:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

http://people.com/movies/bill-paxton-dead-complications-surgery-age-61/

Apparently, complications from some kind of surgery.  I don't usually post death notices, but I always liked him.  I thought he had a knack for play devious characters.  Not the real badass types, but just guys that seemed like they were hiding some self serving motive.  He was good at it.

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Munch

That's a shame :(, I know it's corny but I always liked twister, the setting and goofy physics of it.

Really hope this year isn't as brutal as last year was to celebrity deaths.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

trdsf

Quote from: Munch on February 26, 2017, 12:49:40 PM
That's a shame :(, I know it's corny but I always liked twister, the setting and goofy physics of it.

Really hope this year isn't as brutal as last year was to celebrity deaths.
Oh yeah, speaking as a NWS spotter, the 'science' in Twister was bullshit and any chasers who acted like that team did would have been thinly spread over vast swathes of Oklahoma.  But as a rollercoaster ride of a movie it was a ball, and the dialog was hilarious.  And Paxton was fantastic in it -- my favorite scene being him nodding yes while saying no to using his new SUV to chase storms.  :)

But yes, 2017, you're on notice, you're not pulling the same shit 2016 did.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Gawdzilla Sama

At least we know he's not on an express elevator to Hell.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: trdsf on February 26, 2017, 06:51:01 PM
Oh yeah, speaking as a NWS spotter, the 'science' in Twister was bullshit and any chasers who acted like that team did would have been thinly spread over vast swathes of Oklahoma.  But as a rollercoaster ride of a movie it was a ball, and the dialog was hilarious.  And Paxton was fantastic in it -- my favorite scene being him nodding yes while saying no to using his new SUV to chase storms.  :)

But yes, 2017, you're on notice, you're not pulling the same shit 2016 did.

Night of the Twisters was scarier.  My ex wife's first parish, was not too many miles from Wakita OK, where Twister was filmed.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Sorginak

I had to look up who he was and I still did not recognize him. 

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Sorginak on February 26, 2017, 09:21:16 PM
Never seen "Aliens"? "How do I get out of this chickenshit outfit?" "We're on an express elevator to Hell!"
PZ Myers

SGOS

Quote from: Sorginak on February 26, 2017, 09:21:16 PM
He's been in a lot of movies, including a lot of TV.  You may not recognize him, but it would be unusual to say the least if you have never seen him.

Unbeliever

I loved his movie, A Simple Plan, and I kept hearing him say, during the whole last election "Why don't you put her in charge?"
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Solomon Zorn

My favorite Bill Paxton movie, is also the first one he directed: Frailty. Matthew McConaughey co-stars.
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

Unbeliever

Alas, I've seen far too few of his movies. I've never been disappointed in the ones I have seen, though.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Cavebear

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Gawdzilla Sama

PZ Myers

Cavebear

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!