Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

doorknob

you mean this? war of the roses a great shoujo manga! I'm currently reading it and boy is it juicy. I'm sure it's right up your ally baruch ! :P

I did actually watch that whole video and I loved it! Mostly paid attention due to the manga. If had I not read it I would have looked at this video and said meh what ever.

Baruch

Gotta love alternative Japanese realities.  They are really creative people.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

doorknob

I see this is a whole series. Is the whole thing about the war of the roses? Or does it cover other history too? I should probably just watch it right?

Baruch

Quote from: doorknob on March 03, 2017, 03:27:27 PM
I see this is a whole series. Is the whole thing about the war of the roses? Or does it cover other history too? I should probably just watch it right?

She covers Wars of the Roses, the Glorious Revolution (1688 ... getting rid of Catholic and Scottish monarch), the English Raj.  If you like English history, this is the boss ... because it isn't patriotic bull shit.  We have too much hagiography about Washington and Lincoln too.  There is no true history, just victors writing bull shit.  Yes, something did actually happen 100 years ago, but what it is, nobody is telling, and after awhile the last witnesses are dead.  Dead men tell no tales, but historians do ;-)  Now I love history, but I see it in the fiction section.

Part of my ancestry is British, so of course it is fascinating, because this wasn't covered in my American school.  In the last 40 years, England has produced some of the very best academic historians ... who are women.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

doorknob

it wasn't covered in my American school either so it's curious to me as well. We did have a world history but English speaking countries weren't focused on. It wasn't very interesting to me any how. I hated history in school. It was a lot of memorizing dates which to me is none sense. I'm not wasting my precious brain cells and memories on that shit! I'll use it towards something a bit more useful.

Because I was in the "special" class I didn't get a real strong start in English. which is why my grammar is so horrible. I'm not even sure what I learned in special class. I remember literally nothing but the nuns running after kids that wouldn't sit in chairs. I also remember playing with the other kids and ignoring the teacher any how. Nothing of value from 2nd grade to 5thgrade. For me that knowledge doesn't even exists.

Sorry about the rambling about myself. I might watch more of this English history, I liked it. But first I have to do a little python (computer programming language for those who didn't know.)

Baruch

Good storytelling is fun to hear ... and we mustn't let facts get in the way of a good story.  I adore good stories.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Lokesh123 on March 13, 2017, 06:21:59 AM
Thanks for shareing nice Information

Watch the one about the British Raj.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?